Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan

Go down 
+10
MartinH
skysthelimit
Kristie
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Katty
Kikimalou
Roger
Silver Unicornis
Ana
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  Empty
PostSubject: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:50 pm

Yes, now I'm also crazy about Breyer horses, I always thought I'm able to resist them Rolling Eyes But they are so BEAUTIFUL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
This is why this week I bought from MPV few Breyer horses, mostly Stablemates. And also Peterstone Morgan stallion just because I was curious what is this brand and because the figure looked very nice on pictures. :) And I'm very happy with my new horses cheers

First photo for the bigger mare, it is Breyer Classic, scale 1:12 as far as I know :)
I like this mold very much, I bought her specially for repaint as paint work is really plain here :) Not sure what color she will get, I'm not in hurry, maybe something will come to my mind Very Happy She has very sweet face and wonderful pose cheers I think it will be nice feeling to repaint such big animal, it will be possible to add more details than in smaller scale Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here are my new stablemates, two draft horses and foal are from secret foal set Very Happy Chestnut stallion is Peter Stone Morgan, my first Peter Stone Very Happy

The stallion just perfectly fit to my Breyer Arabian mare, they are so cute together I love you And I love so much chestnut horses I love you sunny

Drefters and pony are very lovely too Very Happy I only think it is shame that one of the draft horses has cut tail, I didn't see it on photos earlier Sad Well I will keep him anyway as he has lovely pose and head...

I will try to take my chestnut pair outside tomorrow, they deserve better pictures Very Happy Maybe I will have some ideas for name for this couple too.

I really want to thank to our Daria who inspired me to collect Breyers, they are incredibly beautiful and I noticed it at photos of Your collection Daria cheers

Last edited by ana on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:11 am

Ah, you've got Stone Horse! Tiny one, but Stone! He's lovely! What a Face

And Stablemates! Pure cuteness! I love that pinto draught horse, it's one of my favourite SM moulds :)

I'm beginning to get crazy about Breyers too, especially since one online shop has decided to import some of them to Poland! cheers For this moment I'm going to buy at least one Traditional and one Classic, but Stablemates are looking at me so prettily... Rolling Eyes

If you repaint the grey mare, remember to leave small holes she's got, or even to drill some more tiny holes - the material Breyers are made of needs to "breathe".

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:43 am

I only have some Stablemates, being so small it is incredible how nice they are. See how great and delicate are the legs of the stallion with the Arabian mare! :)
Larger horses are splendid and I'm looking forward to see the repainting. Congratulations! cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:43 am

Wonderful additions Ana !
Back to top Go down
Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:28 am

Argh!! I love them!! I have only recently succumb to the powers of Breyer also. And I looooove your new herd! I love you
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:55 am

Congratulations Anna, they are beautiful, I love the first one, can't wait to see what colour you paint her bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:30 am

They are absolutely... oooohhh pale

All of them ! But I think the little Peter Stone model is the most fantastic of them all cheers
I have the two little mules, but perhaps, maybe, they need a little horsey friend some day? Laughing

CONGRATULATIONS, Anna sunny flower sunny

Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Congrats Ana! They are all lovely. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Congrats Anna cheers

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Thank You so much Magda sunny , Roger alien , Christophe monkey , Katty flower , Harriet Very Happy Susanne queen Kristie cat and Robert :) cheers cheers cheers

Magda, thank You so much for the information! Very Happy I didn't know about that "breathing: Breyers, why they are like that? What if I wouldn't leave the tiny holes? :) Great to hear about possibility of buying Breyers in Poland, I wonder what prices they will have scratch

Magda, Susanne, Roger: I'm happy You like my Peter Stone horse, it is very nice indeed, very detailed sculpture, I can recommend this one Very Happy It looks even better in real life than on photos Wink And yes, these thin legs drunken
I was also thinking about Peter Stone mules, they are very cute but I must stop somewhere so I decided to not collect hybrids 🐰

Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:26 pm

ana wrote:
Magda, thank You so much for the information! Very Happy I didn't know about that "breathing: Breyers, why they are like that? What if I wouldn't leave the tiny holes? :) Great to hear about possibility of buying Breyers in Poland, I wonder what prices they will have :scratch
There is something called Vinegar Syndrome - generally speaking, it's a cellulose triacetate degradation - the degradation of material Breyers (at least those bigger than Stablemates) are made of. So far it was sighted only in some models (not moulds) made in period 1987 - the early 1990s. The newer ones should be safe but some caution won't do harm Wink
Here are more information: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I've also written about it in Polish here Wink [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Generally speaking, it's good to:
- keep Breyers in well ventilated room, and avoid keeping them in boxed for a longer time;
- avoid extended exposition of Breyers to high temperatures (including standing in direct sunlight) and high humidity;
- models should have tiny holes allowing the material to "breathe" - the newer models have such hole in a corner of mouth or inside of a nostril. If you customize a model, remember to leave the hole, or make a new one if you seal it.

It hasn't been sighted in newer models so far, though.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:54 pm

big congratulations Anna :) They are gorgeous! I have that little percheron (yours is grey) in my collection in brown coat and i love him!

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Thank You Martin! Yes, I remember Your Percheron horse, he looks great in brown color too Wink Very Happy

Mangalarga wrote:
There is something called Vinegar Syndrome - generally speaking, it's a cellulose triacetate degradation - the degradation of material Breyers (at least those bigger than Stablemates) are made of. So far it was sighted only in some models (not moulds) made in period 1987 - the early 1990s. The newer ones should be safe but some caution won't do harm Wink
Here are more information: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I've also written about it in Polish here Wink [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Generally speaking, it's good to:
- keep Breyers in well ventilated room, and avoid keeping them in boxed for a longer time;
- avoid extended exposition of Breyers to high temperatures (including standing in direct sunlight) and high humidity;
- models should have tiny holes allowing the material to "breathe" - the newer models have such hole in a corner of mouth or inside of a nostril. If you customize a model, remember to leave the hole, or make a new one if you seal it.

It hasn't been sighted in newer models so far, though.

Thank You for explaining Magda Very Happy I will remember about this :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Wonderful horses!! Big congrats Anna!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:13 pm

Thank You Andreas cheers

Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:01 pm

That Peter Sone is just fabulous!

About the mare you´re going to repaint, the first thing I thought when I saw the photo was "if this model is a mare she could fit my own mare!" I´ll have to think seriously about buying her to repaint her as Ginebra :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:08 am

SyLoBe wrote:
That Peter Sone is just fabulous!
Thank You, yes I think it is really lovely model Very Happy

SyLoBe wrote:
About the mare you´re going to repaint, the first thing I thought when I saw the photo was "if this model is a mare she could fit my own mare!" I´ll have to think seriously about buying her to repaint her as Ginebra :)

Wow, great idea!!! Wonderful! It would be so wonderful if You do it Very Happy bounce cheers
I cross my fingers for this project Wink

Back to top Go down
pipi6

pipi6

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:38 am

hey anna I love the stablemates and i cant wait to see your newest coustom
i sent the horses so you should get them in a couple weeks
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Congrats!
Your PS Morgan is really cute in chestnut! I got him in dark liver chestnut, and yours seem to be completely different in this color version, even though they belong to one mold.

And the Selle Francais mare is so neat in this grey color. Really wonderful girl.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Thank You so much Daria and Pipi! cheers cheers I'm glad You like my new horsies cat Very Happy

Pipi, I will let You know as soon horses from You will arrive bounce

Daria I know this mare looks very cute in this color but I will take a risk and try to repaint her later. This grey is little bit too simple maybe?
But not sure when I will start repainting. Probably not now, maybe during Autumn or Winter months Very Happy I imagine she would look nice in very, very dark grey too scratch But my conception may change with time Laughing She could be also snowflake Appaloosa or even sooty bay then she would be similar to mare of my friend... hard to decide You know Rolling Eyes Razz
Yes I've seen this Morgan in Your collection, they look very different in these 2 colors Shocked I love this figure, just look at my avatar Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan    My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan  Empty

Back to top Go down

My new horses: Breyer Classic Selle Francais mare, few stablemates and Peter Stone Morgan
Page 1 of 1