Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Sun 24 Jun 2012, 23:16

The Portuguese compagny Maia & Borges has worked together with Schleich for many, many years. I think that the "Made in Portugal" models from Schleich have always been made by M&B.

M&B has made both sea life and coral fish from Sahleich`s moulds, - now these seem to be produced again.

So if you are searching for the Beluga or the sea cow, you can get them here, for instance, at a reasonable price:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The mould is clearly the same, but the ones from Schleich are darker and more shiny:

And the brand mark is different :

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Sun 24 Jun 2012, 23:19

Beluga! I love Beluga Whales very much! :)

Very nice, Susanne! Thank you for this information.

-Kristie

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Mon 25 Jun 2012, 03:53

thank you Susanne! Great to know.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Mon 25 Jun 2012, 04:28

Very interesting, thanks for posting this Susanne! They are really lovely. The whales are gorgeous and I like this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Mon 25 Jun 2012, 05:15

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Very interesting, thanks for posting this Susanne! They are really lovely. The whales are gorgeous and I like this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Me too Laughing Laughing
That one and the bull shark Very Happy

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Mon 25 Jun 2012, 05:23

Important comparison.Susanne cheers
I think,that Maia & Borges make good animals too.

Letters in german model are best.

whales are very nice, i like it.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Mon 25 Jun 2012, 05:36

Congratulations Susanne!! cheers cheers Now i know where my watching list animals are!! Laughing

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 03:04

That dolphin looks ver nice, shame that the whales are not a bit bigger.
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 05:38

Wow, finally a non-bottlenose dolphin. Very Happy Great models!
I do not collect sealife I do not collect sealife I do not collect sealife I do not collect sealife I do not collect sealife I do not collect sealife....
Back to top Go down
http://yakinasack.blogspot.com/
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 09:14

Great catch Susanne cheers I must add the dolphin on my wiiiiiisssshhhhhlllllliiiisssstttttt

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 09:53

Deutch and Portuguese figures deserve a place in the final! Laughing Crying or Very sad
Great and interesting topic. These M&B figures are very interesting as well their link with Schleich. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 10:24

Laughing Laughing Roger, do you remember this whale shark ? Wink
( Roger got her for me, almost 2 years ago )

Unlike the one marked Schleich, the M&B one has a calf cheers

These are also from M&B

Do they remind you of something, Fellow Schleich-collectors ? Rolling Eyes Wink

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 10:38

Laughing Laughing Of course I remember the wahle shark. I'm very glad you decided to contact me and Maia & Borges have a special meaning for me not only because it is a Portuguese brand but mainly because it made me to know a fantastic and wonderful Danish friend. flower flower
I'm not sure that Oceanário shop still have M&B figures. I think not. scratch

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 21:03

Susanne, thank you very much for posting this. cheers (it's like Bullyland and Kindertoyz Very Happy , but the quality of the animals looks way much better)
For a long time I've been thinking about buying the three big Schleich Whales (they were retired this year, but they're still available), but now I think I'll buy some Maia & Borges sealife animals. And they have that lovely Walrus for a such a nice price and Puffin and the Octopus. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 23:01

Yes Susanne, chickens and geese form M&B are the same like the old ones from Schleich.

Are there any differences ?

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 23:26

Very Happy
Yes Susanne, chickens and geese form M&B are the same like the old ones from Schleich.

Are there any differences ?

The moulds are exactly the same, but the colours are differnet in some.
Also M&B models are less shiny.

You can compare here. The Schleich ones are in front :

M&Bs are only marked " CE Made in Portugal" Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 23:27

Congratulations Susanne! Lovely new manatee and beluga and other animals also. How nice to see these animals are available thanks to nice brand M&B, this is really happy news!
Thank You so much Susanne for the link and info and photos, all very interesting! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 23:38

Thankyou, Ana !!!
I am SO happy that you find it useful !
It makes it so much more fun to be a mad collector jocolor Laughing

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 08:21

Thanks for the comparison photos, those are very nice paint jobs.

Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 09:21

I had no idea, Shocked thank you very much Susanne cheers
Back to top Go down
Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 09:23

wow! i love the sea life creators Very Happy Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 09:24

the comparison pictures are really interesting Susanne; thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 09:32

Ducks Schlech and M & B, .....Shocked I really like Very Happy I never see That before. Congrats SUSANNE cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 09:46

Thankyou VERY much, dear friends sunny

Ohh, BTW, - this is probably well known to most collectors of Schleich Rolling Eyes
Maia & Borges also made their own versions/paintings of the tropical fiish from the moulds of Schleich, only with their own logo in the mould :

The close cooperation between Schleich and Maia & Borges goes far back in time.
In the book from the 75 years anniversary of Schleich we can read that M & B helped save Schleich in 1987 when they were declared bankrupt, - you can see more [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you are interested Wink

I wonder if M & B actually is where the "Made in Portugal" Schleich models are made scratch

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 09:53

Schleich first manufactured in Germany,... then in Germany and in Portugal,Now in Germany and China question question Rolling Eyes arrow Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 10:00

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
Schleich first manufactured in Germany,... then in Germany and in Portugal,Now in Germany and China question question Rolling Eyes arrow Rolling Eyes

Yes, and in lately they also have models made in Tunesia.
But they do not have their own facturies in all those places.
Other compagnies also mould the models and paint for them .

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 15:53

Congrats Susanne! I just love the Beluga Whales!

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Sun 01 Jul 2012, 17:21

Amazing facts , quite interesting Susanne Surprised

I am always a big fan of these words " made in Germany , made in Portugal and made in Tunisia "

Many thanks for your wonderful infos. and brilliant pics. of M&B . I am really tempted to start collecting M&B marine animals - so attractive bounce
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Sun 01 Jul 2012, 21:19

Thankyou, Ken and Dr. flower

Last evening I took some new pictures of the M&B-dogs, that I have.
Unfortunately I have not been able to find the Alsatian.....yet Rolling Eyes
So just in case someone is interested to see them, here they are Embarassed

WITH NATURAL EARS bounce cheers

flower flower

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Sun 01 Jul 2012, 21:28

Aw, I love the malamute (or husky?) cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Sun 01 Jul 2012, 22:25

I think it is a Malamute. The Huskies are slimmer and do not have their tail curled up like that. scratch

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Mon 02 Jul 2012, 00:51

Deutch and Portuguese figures deserve a place in the final! Laughing Crying or Very sad
Great and interesting topic. These M&B figures are very interesting as well their link with Schleich. Very Happy

Roger, is easy to find those figures in Portugal? I'm interested in some of them

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Mon 02 Jul 2012, 06:23

Phantastic animals!!! Big congratulations Susanne!! cheers cheers cheers

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Mon 02 Jul 2012, 06:45

Thankyou very much, Andreas cheers

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Mon 02 Jul 2012, 06:57

Abu Rai wrote:

Roger, is easy to find those figures in Portugal? I'm interested in some of them
They are not easy at all but send to me a message with those you need and I'll try to find it for you! Very Happy

Susanne, do you have a picture of the Alsatian? scratch

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Mon 02 Jul 2012, 08:10

Susanne, do you have a picture of the Alsatian? scratch

Torben has it, scroll app half way down : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Mon 02 Jul 2012, 19:48

thanks for sharing all these photos, i've learned so much already! cheers cheers cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Tue 03 Jul 2012, 17:28

The Malamute is beautiful!

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   Wed 04 Jul 2012, 04:57

Now there are also some birds (ducks) available from Maia & Borges at:

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!   

Back to top Go down

Maia & Borges and Schleich connections!
Page 1 of 1