Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

13257 Braunvieh bull?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: 13257 Braunvieh bull?   Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:35 pm

I found this old guy in a secondhand shop today. At first I mistook him for the current Bullyland, but checking the belly I found the Schleich bellystamp and the year 2001. I've never seen this model before, but as far as I can tell he's #13257, although a fairly pale variation. Apparently this is one of those models that had a relatively short run (2002-04), so I thought someone might be looking for one.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As you can see he's led a long and active life, judging by the amount of rubs...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://yakinasack.blogspot.com/
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 13257 Braunvieh bull?   Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 pm

He's indeed the Swiss bull, here's the complete family
Nice find Sumo!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 13257 Braunvieh bull?   Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Sadly I already have that model, I am missing his family. But great find!
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 13257 Braunvieh bull?   Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:20 pm

Nice catch!! Congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: 13257 Braunvieh bull?   Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Fantastic find. Not only is this hard to get in any condition, it looks like it is in really good condition, comparatively speaking and despite its rubs. Most of these models look terrible. The paint apparently rubbed off really easily and so, honestly, the only set I've ever seen (in pictures) that looks good is Harriet's. I overspent for my copy of this guy and mine is clearly in worse condition. This is a very good catch. Congrats Sumo!!

Back to top Go down
Sumo

PostSubject: Re: 13257 Braunvieh bull?   Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Thanks! I was looking around ebay to see if he was a typical specimen, and all the others look pretty banged up as well. A little surprising really, aren't Schleich paintjobs usually pretty durable?
I don't think I'll be keeping him - a cattle collection is the last thing I need - so if anyone wants him, get in touch! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 13257 Braunvieh bull?   Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:42 pm

wow, I've always wanted that, hope i get it the same way as i did with the angus cows last year in a random shop. thanks for the pic Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: 13257 Braunvieh bull?   Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:50 am

Oh I love him!! Unfortuantely I can't allow myself to collect any for of cattle. Or I will get carried away like I have done with horses. If i get him, I will NEED every form of schleich bovine created... No

Such a gorgous figurine tho. Thanx for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Sumo

PostSubject: Re: 13257 Braunvieh bull?   Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:06 pm

Oh, I recognize that feeling... Laughing I've begun calling it "continuum collecting" - the idea that every model belongs to several groupings, which in turn means you have to start collecting everything else in those groups as well. So if I (who already own the Newray longhorns and two Breyer Collectibulls) keep this one, that means I'm officially a cattle collector and have to start acquiring cows on purpose... and somewhere along the line I'll probably buy the big Breyer cattle, branch out into Chris Hess wildlife in general, and before you know I have a living room filled with 1:9 scale models and eventually my apartment will be so full it collapses, turning into a black hole and dooming the entire planet.

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: 13257 Braunvieh bull?   Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Oh, I recognize that feeling... Laughing I've begun calling it "continuum collecting" - the idea that every model belongs to several groupings, which in turn means you have to start collecting everything else in those groups as well. So if I (who already own the Newray longhorns and two Breyer Collectibulls) keep this one, that means I'm officially a cattle collector and have to start acquiring cows on purpose... and somewhere along the line I'll probably buy the big Breyer cattle, branch out into Chris Hess wildlife in general, and before you know I have a living room filled with 1:9 scale models and eventually my apartment will be so full it collapses, turning into a black hole and dooming the entire planet.

Laughing Laughing Laughing too funny.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: 13257 Braunvieh bull?   Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:07 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing too funny.

Laughing Laughing

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: 13257 Braunvieh bull?   Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:44 am

talking about Schleich Swiss family , it is very very special to me as my first schleich figurine was the Swiss cow that I bought long way back in 2003 from where my schleich collection started . Luckily I could get the swiss cow in mint form with tag that time Very Happy cheers

after 2 yrs. I got Swiss bull [used ] followed by swiss calf [ brand new with tag]

My recent acquisition is another Swiss bull in perfect mint state with tag . As I love the Schleich cattle , I always look for a chance to acquire doubles and variations now and then .

My old display of swiss family

and my current display .....totally mixed ....ooophhh...I am really running out of place in my vitrines. Crying or Very sad Many of the older models yet to be show cased. Sad

now , the front view [ see, how crumpled is the space Rolling Eyes ]

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 13257 Braunvieh bull?   Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Laughing Laughing Such is the life of a collector, - for some reason the vitrines shrink and shrink !!! scratch
(Just like my jeans, when I eat too much chocolate geek )

At some time the home of the collector even shrinks, too What a Face

You have a wonderful collection. Schleich is the best, when it comes to cattle, - IMHO Wink

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: 13257 Braunvieh bull?   Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:25 am

Don't worry about space! Dr.

I am sure you will wind a way!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13257 Braunvieh bull?   Today at 11:01 pm

Back to top Go down

13257 Braunvieh bull?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1