Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf

Go down 
+32
Rio
ken yeo
Yurumi
Tiermann
Joan Milelire
Bruno C Monteiro
Kristie
Ana
skysthelimit
MartinH
Taos
ezhilan
Katty
landrover
Sergey
Kikimalou
jarda
lucky luke
PeGe
baltimore zoo
scot(t)
SyLoBe
SUSANNE
Philter4
widukind
SeanieP
Steve170
kudu11
Roger
A-J
Sumo
HKHollinstone
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf Empty
PostSubject: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:38 pm

Two of my most recent sculptures, first up is a Sable calf I made for Shawn (SeanieP) in 1:22 scale, made to go with the new Collecta and Mojo Sable antelopes.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And for Phil, a flying peacock also in 1:22 scale

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:45 pm

*thud* You're killing me! Very Happy All your sculpts are fantastic, but this time you've outdone yourself. That peacock! Surprised It's models like this that reminds me what beautiful birds they are - all the identically-posed models get a bit samey after a while. Tell me, how did you do the wings? How do you manage to texture the feathers without the whole structure warping?

http://www.askabiologist.org.uk/

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetrapod-zoology/

http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:49 pm

WOW! Shocked
those are amazing! I love the sable calf.
And what a beautiful peacock! I never thought of peacock flying as a model figure but it is absolutely stunning!
I also wonder how you did the wings, I don't even dare to try...
Congratulations Shawn and Phil!

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Sumo wrote:
*thud* You're killing me! Very Happy All your sculpts are fantastic, but this time you've outdone yourself. That peacock! Surprised It's models like this that reminds me what beautiful birds they are - all the identically-posed models get a bit samey after a while. Tell me, how did you do the wings? How do you manage to texture the feathers without the whole structure warping?

A-J wrote:
WOW! Shocked
those are amazing! I love the sable calf.
And what a beautiful peacock! I never thought of peacock flying as a model figure but it is absolutely stunning!
I also wonder how you did the wings, I don't even dare to try...
Congratulations Shawn and Phil!
Thank you both very much!!! cheers cheers

I sculpt with Super Sculpey firm, so the clay it quite hard and holds it's shape well. I made each of the feathers individually putting the detail on and then sculpting them onto the basic wing shape. The detail is done with a dentist tool, it was hard as I kept smudging the detail but I got there in the end. The basic wing shape is padded with wire and kitchen foil.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:25 pm

Harriet, your sculptures are like Nature! ... fascinating! cheers flower cheers flower cheers

kudu11

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:49 pm

they are stunning cheers and the way you photograph them just inhances their beauty
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Shocked Very Happy These are both amazing again! Especially the first outside picture with just the sable calf...It looks so real! And what a beautifully detailed peacock. Lucky Shawn and Phil!!

SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Aren't they beautiful--I cannot wait to get my sable calf cheers cheers cheers ---thanks so much again Harriet!

She is sooooooooooo realistiv here:

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:08 pm

Thank you Roger, Ethan, Steve and Shawn flower cheers flower

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:15 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Wonderful work Harriet!!! Big Big Big Big congratulations!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:34 pm

I can't thank Harriet enough, I was so speechless when I saw the peafowl before it was even painted that all I could do was to describe to her how speechless I was! I have had this idea for over a year, some may remember a post where I made a poor attempt at the same thing, here is a photo of that bird before it was painted.

Well needless to Harriet's version will be displayed in top fashion on a wire hanging above the diorama and my figure is staying in the drawer where he sits now!

I agree that the typical figure of a peafowl is with the tail extended in display, every once in a while I see a figure with the tail dragging behind like Preiser's figure but never flying. Most people don't know that peafowl are very good fliers over short distances. Normally they try to run first, they are the largest species of pheasant and their first defense is to freeze, then run and finally if there is no other option they fly. There are several good videos available on the internet of peafowl flying if your interested. One other thing is the name, they are properly called peafowl, a male is a peacock and a female a peahen. Like other pheasants they do not form flocks but are harem breeders with a dominant male and his hens along with some immature birds and non breeding males. They do roost communally, smaller groups will meet at around dusk and roost as high up as possible, sometimes more then 100 ft high if the perches are available that high. They eat mostly seeds, plant shoots and new leaves along with insects and if they are lucky a small reptile or even baby mice and rats if they happen to find them in a nest while foraging. They make a fairly good pet and are easy to care for but they are not very apt to let you pet them, more like they just don't run away!

There are 3 species, two from Southeast Asia, the Javan or green peafowl, which is endangered and very rare in captivity, and the blue or Indian peafowl, both of these are in the genus Pavo. The third species is the Congo peafowl, which lives in such dense forests that it can't raise it's tail so it doesn't have any long or ornate feathers but attracts a mate by calling so loud that is is the second loudest bird in the world. This bird is in a different genus, Afropavo, and is closely associated with the other two.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Ohhh, Harriet ! What can I say ?
They are SO lovely, they are fantastic, they are... affraid drunken

Me too, one of the pictures of the calf, I thought is was a photo of a real one Shocked

Lucky Shawn, and lucky Phil cheers

SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Awww I love them!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Holy crap!!! Harriet these are AMAZING! Just incredible. It is such an immense pleasure even to be able to see pictures. I can't even fathom the joy of owning a model by you. You have cultivated your talents to ridiculously enviable degree and we are all so lucky to have a window onto your work. Thank you for this post!!

Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Peacock's terrific! Great job!
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:17 pm

breathtaking

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:52 pm

kudu11 wrote:
they are stunning cheers and the way you photograph them just inhances their beauty

cheers cheers queen Shocked Cool sunny drunken
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:07 pm

Perfect as everything what Harriet made... Real pleasure for every collector eyes! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:41 pm

First there is a wonderful sable calf, such a beautiful model Harriet provide us and each time it is a big enjoyment Very Happy Look at this pic ! what to say more ? It is absolutely... Absolute Cool

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:42 pm

And then, there is the flying peacock, the kind of thing that break a collector's heart and make marmelade of it. Thank you Harriet, to be here... And to bring some kind of magic in the STS realm drunken sunny

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Thank you so much everyone, I'm so happy you like them sunny cheers flower Very Happy cheers and the pictures bounce

Phil, thank you for the information about peafowl, that's interesting about the Congo Peacock not having ornate tail feathers because of the dense jungle.

Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:47 am

...Harriet! You make animal models better and better! My Congrats! cheers cheers cheers lol!

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:41 am

Other great gift to my eyes.......Harriet sculptures...¡

Sable calf is lovely, and he has beautiful face,and him legs have detailed hair.

That good idea, peacock flying. Other different aspect of this bird.

Brilliant work Harriet, big big congratulations.

Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:55 am

Harriet, They are so, so fabulous!!! How long have you been sculpting?? You are a professional! I can't believe you are only 19! Such talent. Congratulations Harriet. drunken
Back to top Go down
ezhilan

Country/State : india

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:56 am

u have gods hand
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf   Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest Sculptures: Flying Peacock and Sable Calf
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next