Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Starlux figures

Go down 
+13
Bowhead Whale
landrover
Tiermann
Ana
Taos
Roger
Kristie
HKHollinstone
Sumo
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
widukind
scot(t)
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Starlux figures - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:27 am

Wonderful kitties Scott cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 3:31 pm

Awesome ! Very Happy
Look how Starlux catches the soul of those two cats, power and speed, still one is heavy and arrogant looking, and one elegant and slender cat cat

Keep up the fever, Scott cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:02 pm

The lion is a very good figure indeed. I like it. Very Happy
The leopard is also very nice with a very French style! Laughing

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 12:55 am

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:29 am

I like the comparison with Chagall, Phil. The starlux figures really having something of Chagall's style in them.

Thank you Andreas, Susanne, Roger, and Phil for wonderful comments!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:40 am

I never thought about Chagall scratch It is a very good idea Phil Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:16 am

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:17 am

schleich61 wrote:
Roger wrote:
The lion is a very good figure indeed. I like it. Very Happy
The leopard is also very nice with a very French style! Laughing

I agree with this, Roger. Starlux animal figurines have always seemed to me to have more than a hint of Marc Chagall's style in their design...

Great analogy, Phil! cheers
Remarkable is also Clairet style, design and style were never negleted in French industry. :)

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:31 pm

schleich61 wrote:

Thanks, Roger. They also have a little Picasso in them as well, maybe. From his earlier periods, I think. The French primitivist, Henri Rousseau also comes to mind, maybe a little.

Clairet made many amazing figurines, a great and terribly overlooked brand, IMHO.

I agree with you Phil. STARLUX figurines are odd, not specially accurate but always painted with a real style, they are odd toys but they are more than that. Looking at a STARLUX collection on shelves gives you a powerful emotion. You are not seeing an accurate jungle with perfect sculptures like BRITAINS Ltd but, a bit like a Chagall or a Rousseau, STARLUX is talking directly to something very intimate in you because it is a poetic brand. I'm sure you understand.

About CLAIRET, I'm in love with this brand since my youth. It has also his kind of greatness and magic I cherish I love you If I'm a collector, with an open mind I guess, it is because I played with those fantastic toys when I was young and they are still able to warm my mind and give some light on bad days.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 7:27 pm

What a wonderful, wonderful discussion! Thank you Phil and Roger and Christophe and everyone for participating. A special thanks to Phil for sharing the gorgeous Chagall and Rousseau images. They are just wonderful.

I thought the similarity between these two was worth noting:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 7:45 pm

You are right Scott cheers
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:16 pm

schleich61 wrote:
Great catch, Scott. I too have that strange but lovely tiger and I thought of it too when I saw that painting.

Christophe put it quite nicely by mentioning the "poetic" nature of the Starlux style. Even further, Starlux animals are the kind of creatures that inhabit our dreams and are permanent dwellers in our subconscious and maybe even unconscious minds.

Its pose is also very similar to He-Man's Battle Cat figure. Does anyone here knows it? It's a large green tiger figure made by Mattel in 1982 for Masters of the Universe line.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:45 pm

Another recent Starlux acquisition. The Malayan Tapir. I love the legs and hooves and nose.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:55 pm

Congrats again Scott!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:12 pm

BEAUTYFUL tapir cheers
You are right, it has fantastic detail !

Congratulations flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:30 pm

I also like these details on this tapir and it is great to see your Starlux collection growing again! Very Happy

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 9:08 am

scot(t) wrote:
I have Starlux fever. I love these things.
Have you only just noticed Wink Laughing

I love these two, they're wonderfully made, the Panther is very beautiful.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:30 pm

scot(t) wrote:
Another recent Starlux acquisition. The Malayan Tapir. I love the legs and hooves and nose.

Congratulation Scott. cheers

I always thought this model was a very nice Brazilian tapir with a white coat Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Just seen the Tapir, fantastic model! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Thank you everybody for your kind comments!

Kikimalou wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

I always thought this model was a very nice Brazilian tapir with a white coat Wink

I noticed that too Christophe! It's got that lovely ridge of hair on its head that I thought was characteristic of Brazilian tapirs. (Maybe other tapirs have them too? I'm not positive but I didn't think so. In any case, I think it would have been even more gorgeous as a Brazilian.)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Scott, I only know 2 tapirs with mane. The Brazilian tapir and the Starlux tapir. I cannot warrant, but it looks your tapir has 3 hooves on front paws??? scratch
Anyway, nobody collects Starlux to have the most accurate figures. We let it for modern brands once those are still active. I find Starlux figures very artistic and with a very original concept as I told before. I have only 2 Starlux figures, I absolutely love them and I don't care how accurate they are. Very Happy

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:41 am

I was very lucky recently. Months ago I found the Starlux Caracal on eBay for an excellent price. Unfortunately, the seller was unable to find the figure and refunded my payment and apologized. I was disappointed, but not upset. The seller was very gracious and he even assured me that if ever found the model, he'd send it free of charge. Honestly, I didn't give this last part much thought, but LO and behold, this morning, months later, it was waiting for me at my doorstep. I'm amazing and so grateful to this seller and his integrity.

Anyway, here he is. A little banged up, but still wonderful and my only Caracal:

(Some other recent additions are here.)

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:32 am

Very nice, congrats Sad(o)):

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starlux figures   Starlux figures - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Starlux figures
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next