Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

My tiny collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cwaterfield

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: My tiny collection   Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:58 am

Hi everyone! I am new here and also a very new collector. Although I can't seem to post a photo yet Sad

I am very interested in collecting more however I am unsure which brand is the best in terms of quality, realism, scale, range of animals etc so any advice would be very welcome ! :)

Also I have found this site which sells most brands and was wondering if anyone has any experience in purchasing from here or could recommend it? Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.greyfeatherphotography.com
Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hi everyone! I am new here and also a very new collector. Although I can't seem to post a photo yet Sad

I am very interested in collecting more however I am unsure which brand is the best in terms of quality, realism, scale, range of animals etc so any advice would be very welcome ! :)

Also I have found this site which sells most brands and was wondering if anyone has any experience in purchasing from here or could recommend it? Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...Many thanks! Wink

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:51 pm

Hello, CWATERFIELD, welcome to the forum flower

How to upload pictures,there are several of us who had the problem at the beginning, - take a look here :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The shop you refer to is probably perfect, only tak a look at the shipping charges :
"International Customers - International orders will be shipped Insured International Priority Mail or International Global Express only. There will be a $7.50 international service charge applied to all orders in addition to insured shipping charges. We will not give international shipping charge estimates. International orders placed that DO NOT choose one of the international methods of shipping will have their orders calculated and shipping International Insured Priority Mail."

Many of us Europeans buy here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
when we are looking for brands CollectA.
There are other places where major brands are cheaper...I often buy here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
But perhaps you can get the shipping cheaper for smaller orders on Ebay.uk ??

There is a topic about where to buy on-line, - but I just can NOT find it now scratch scratch
Perhaps somebody else can ? Wink

cwaterfield

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Thank you Susanne, I had a look at the sites you shared with me however shipping to the UK is very expensive Sad
I also took a look at the thread on how to post pictures and think I have figured it out :)

My collection, all Schleich apart from the Turtle and the Platypus which are Papo.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also have the manta ray from Papo, but I'm a little dissapointed in it. It is a little too plasticky and not very lifelife in my opinion...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:19 pm

That was extremely fast that you found out how to insert pictures Shocked cheers

I LOVE your collection ! A beautyful and versatile choice of different animals !

About shipping cost, yes, that is often a problem with brands that are hard to find locally Crying or Very sad

But wait till later today when more of the British people are online.
I am sure some have a better idea, - or perhaps you can share an order with somebody?

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:31 pm

cwaterfield
Welcome)
Your collection is really nice) Hope it will grow larger and larger)

And yes, the website you recommend is wonderful, I've already ordered some figures from them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
christinavanderschouw

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:37 pm

beautiful collection. even now it is not so big yet! it will grow fast, I know it fot sure. I am collecting for 4 years now and I am already at 80 or even more figures.

Back to top Go down
cwaterfield

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:24 pm

cwaterfield
Welcome)
Your collection is really nice) Hope it will grow larger and larger)

And yes, the website you recommend is wonderful, I've already ordered some figures from them.

Out of curiosity how much were you charge for shipping from that site?
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:13 pm

Welcome here!! sunny sunny sunny

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Welcome to the forum! You have some excellent models so far.
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Welcome from Spain. cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:15 am

Welcome to the forum from Cumbria, what part of the country are you from if you don't mind me asking? You're collection is small but wonderful choice of figurines, it will grow faster and faster now that you've joined the forum Very Happy

I wouldn't buy from America as you'll be charged at customs if your order is over the value of £15.
Here are a few sites I buy from
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] sell Bullyland, Papo, Collecta, Schleich and Safari - although they don't have a super selection in some of the brands, like Collecta for instance.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] great Papo selection and Schleich
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] not a very good Papo selection but they have free postage to UK
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Safari ltd, they have an eBay shop as well [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There's also this one for Schleich [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] they're selling Papo now too, I emailed them a while back and they told me they will be selling wildlife as well.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:51 am

My collection, all Schleich apart from the Turtle and the Platypus which are Papo.

Small but very nice collection indeed cheers . Size doesn't matter, we all began with a small collection Wink
The most important is having a BIG joy of collecting Very Happy

I also have the manta ray from Papo, but I'm a little dissapointed in it. It is a little too plasticky and not very lifelife in my opinion...

I agree it is not an excellent model, it lacks of life... The "SCHLEICH" one was really better and we have the great chance to see the original manufacturer, MAIA & BORGES, producing it again. If you want a better manta, you should go for it !

cwaterfield

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:35 am

Welcome to the forum from Cumbria, what part of the country are you from if you don't mind me asking? You're collection is small but wonderful choice of figurines, it will grow faster and faster now that you've joined the forum Very Happy

I wouldn't buy from America as you'll be charged at customs if your order is over the value of £15.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] sell Bullyland, Papo, Collecta, Schleich and Safari - although they don't have a super selection in some of the brands, like Collecta for instance.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] great Papo selection and Schleich
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] not a very good Papo selection but they have free postage to UK
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Safari ltd, they have an eBay shop as well [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There's also this one for Schleich [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] they're selling Papo now too, I emailed them a while back and they told me they will be selling wildlife as well.

I am from the Midlands but I am currently living in Aberystwyth, Wales.
Thank you for the tip re ordering from America. I did not know this!! I will take a look at the sites you sent me. Thanks a lot :)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:00 pm

I am from the Midlands but I am currently living in Aberystwyth, Wales.
Thank you for the tip re ordering from America. I did not know this!! I will take a look at the sites you sent me. Thanks a lot :)
Your welcome! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
cwaterfield

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:23 pm

New additions :)

CollectA Sealion

[url=[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]]

Close up of the wonderfully detailed face...

[url=[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Nice addition cheers cheers cheers

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:35 pm

I just recently added the sea lion to my collection and he's great! Congrats! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My tiny collection   Today at 8:49 pm

Back to top Go down

My tiny collection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1