Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vondan

Country/State : USA / Oregon

PostSubject: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First I stopped at a discount store ware they sell new unsold or damaged package goods from the big chain stores. All were new with the Tag on the leg but i get them to be game pieces not collect so i took the tags off

The Donkey was in a little Baggy $1

The Wolf was loose $1

The polar Bear was loose $2

The fairy horse was from the Olena set but the fairy was missing and so was half the box $2

At a St Vincent DePaul I found the black horse for 49 cents

Every thing else was from a $2.99 bag at another SVDP All Schleich except the elf is a Papo

Other things in the $2.99 bag, A Baboon, two dogs and a a cat from AA, an unknown African Prarie Dog (Safari Ltd Meerkat) and a weird red gazell

Also in the bag were tiny horses from a safari ltd toob, some snakes and 6 soft rubber rats

There was a car and some Mcdonalds toys I left on a bench at the bus station

Last edited by Vondan on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Good shopping, congrats cheers
By the way - prairie dog is Safari Ltd Meerkat Wink

Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Good shopping, congrats cheers
By the way - prairie dog is Safari Ltd Meerkat Wink

I thought i had seen it on this forum and knew some one would point it out, 4am and i could not think of the name

I knew it had something to do with the song "Road to Marrakesh"
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Phantastic find!! Congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:09 pm

This is a good deal!! Congrats!

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:54 pm

Next time invite me to go shopping! Very Happy
Nice finds, congratulations! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Nice finds! Congratulations cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Every week i find a few good figures in the random thrift store bags.

The discount store still has more for $1 to $2 each but i will have to look in big bins of toys to find them at the bottom. Most of what I could see was chickens, ducks and small deer none of those really belong in a dungeons and dragons game but i'll go back when i have time to rummage
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:10 pm

Good buy, I like the leopard Very Happy

congratulations cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:49 pm

I want to come and go shopping with you and Roger, too bounce bounce cheers

SO many lovely models, you must have had a wonderful time finding them among all the other stuff Very Happy

Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:49 pm

And sometimes I miss out. One day I was waiting for a customer to come before my lunch time. By the time they get to my store and go my lunch time is over but i close for 20 minutes to look at a SVDP nearby and grab hamburgers. As soon as I get to the thrift store i go to the toy isle and some one is walking away with a Schleich Cerebus and Papo Dragon that they got for 75 cents each. All i found that day was a mule with a broken ear

All the animals are just a side quest to find more Schleich and Papo Knights, wariours, elves and creatures. Soon i shall set up a large scale game using the knights and elves and run my Princess Nerdia though her first role playing game.
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:26 am

Nice additions, congrats!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:18 am

More things every week i always forget to document what and ware. In the last couple days I got 3 random bags and a few single figures. Again i toss out the junk like mcdonalds toys and broken things. These are all things I can use in table top war games and role playing games

Unknown Hippo from China out of a $1 bag from SVDP

Panda with a triple AAA logo is this Collect A? Out of a $2 bag from SVDP

Another Schleich Elephant 75 cents from SVDP

Schleich Panda Out of a $2 bag from SVDP

Toy Major T rex 75 cents

Bullyland Ichyasourus out of a $2 bag from Goodwill

Bullyland Great Dane out of a $2 bag from Goodwill

An Eraser shaped like seal no text out of a $1 bag from SVDP

A Tonka Rock out of a $1 bag from SVDP

A $2 horse bag from SVDP, there were also some horses from plastic army men

Toy Major Horse

A Plaster copy of a ERTL Horse

Toy Major Horse

tiny Safari horse from a toob

Unknown Lame Horse

New Schleich Buffalo $2 from a discount store

New Schleich Giraffe $2 from a discount store

Toy Major Elephant

Schliech Brown bare out of a $2 bag from SVDP

------------

I passed on some single Toy Major animals, Sheep, Cow, Pig etc four or five animals that were 8 or 10 inches long made like pet sqeek toys.

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:45 am

Panda with a triple AAA logo is this Collect A?

Panda with a triple AAA logo is AAA Panda Wink Very Happy

Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Slow week I found one 99 cent bag bag with a Schliech Knight and a Dollar store moose and a wrestler . Since he is on a moose the Knight must be from Canada and i named him Sir Dudley and armed him with one of my sail needles

There was also a Schleich Roman Centurion missing an arm and half a foot, with the stem of what I think is a LOTR Hobbit Pipe shoved into his sword fist

Last edited by Vondan on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:24 pm

Hey, that's some interesting alternate history right there... Laughing Nice finds!

Back to top Go down
http://yakinasack.blogspot.com/
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:31 am

Congrats! Bullyland Great dane is very rare now!

Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:55 am

Congrats! Bullyland Great dane is very rare now!

Yes always good finds at the store near Princess Nerdia's home. I think that part of town is full of meth addicts who don't buy toys for there kids.

And PN was the first to point out while it was still it the bag that it is without doubt a male dog
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:57 am

I lke the seal very much!! Congrats again cheers cheers cheers

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:45 pm

Wow what lucky finds!! Congrats!

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Very nice finds! Congratulations! I think TM elephant is very nice Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Nice finds! Especially the Bulland Great Dane, I'm hunting for one too bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Nice finds! Especially the Bulland Great Dane, I'm hunting for one too bounce

In my game with the Schleich Knights and Elves, the Great Dane will be the rescue dog and i will add a little barrel for unicorn milk to hang under his chin
Back to top Go down
Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:30 am

Looking at a box of unsorted stuff i got in the last few weeks from thrift stores on my Monday off

Random Dinos from the last month, they were all in random bags 2 or 3 in a 99 cent bag with other junk

Unknown Bronto with bad mold lines and joins. Unknown Steg with bad mold lines and joins. Unknown that says S tyracosaurus on the tail and the belly shows ware there should be writing but the casting was vauge,i suspect a knock off with an old mold. Unknown Bronto with a flat spot on the tummy ware it looks like the writing was ground off then a few dino wrinkles were scratched, i suspect the maker info was ground off an original toy and then that toy was used to make molds for the knock off. Toy Major Dimetrodon 2000. Spinosaurus Safari / carnegie 1992.

Far left unknown dragons from a random bags of other stuff. The three center dragons were from the Dollar Store and made by Ja Ru. The far right dragon is also from a random bag and made by Chap Me.

All four of these horses are made by Imperial from the 1980's. The three smaller horses were all found single for 50 cents each in the last few weeks. The large Imperial unicorn I got eight years ago at a thrift store, I saw a little girl trying to jump and reach the unicorn on a high shelf so when she went to get her mom to help her get the toy I grabbed it ran to the check out stand.

Stuff from random bags. whats there is there.

99 cent bag of reptiles with no maker names other than made in china

The Schleich seal was in a random bag this week, The two Schleich Fouls were in a $1 bucket of Cowboys and Indians that had other stuff mixed in with them. There was also a Schleich Deer this week but i cant find it

Toy Major Pegisus

Last edited by Vondan on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:10 pm

What a nice guide to know how to make a nice collection with little money! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Today at 2:42 pm

Back to top Go down

This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next