Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Helemi

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Oh, gyarados nice! Surprised

You have bought one Pokemon : D
Back to top Go down
Vondan

Country/State : USA / Oregon

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Is that the little blue "dragon" on the left
Back to top Go down
Helemi

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:45 pm

Is that the little blue "dragon" on the left

Yes :)
Back to top Go down
Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:48 am

Did not get to go out to any new stores as I worked Monday. But tonight in the thrift store I check out ever day on the way home I walked by the "collectable" glass case that often has very none collectable things like broken loose star wars men with no accessories that they want $10 each. But inside they had a few figures that had been hidden some ware as the tag color was 2 weeks old so they were half price

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All the men are Papo $1, the Phoenix Is Schleich and $2
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:57 am

WOW! More great finds Sad(o)):

Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:20 am

This Morning on my way to work I stopped at not my normal thrift store to look for suspenders to reuse the hardware making leather suspenders. I passed by the toy section and they had baggies of random animals, and the bags had been there over a week so now they were %25 off ($1.50 a bag) so this was pile was $6 for four $2.00 bags. Mixed in with crap I tossed away was this stuff

Most of the horses have some scuffed paint, one has teeth marks on the nose and one looks like is was played with on a side walk and the hooves are ground down a little. the Polar bear has stains and may be repainted to be a Polar/Grizzly called a Pizzly

Six Schleich Horses

Safari Polar Bear, Bullyland Foul, Schleich Foul, Schleich Horse, Schleich Bison, Schleich Polar Bear

Safari Toob Horse, Schleich Lion Cubs, Schleich Polar Bear Cub, Schleich Monkey, Schleich Dog, Schleich Tiger Cub, Schleich Lion Cub, Unknown Dog

And an Osprey I forgot to take a picture of

Why is there no spell check for the word Schleich

Last edited by Vondan on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:56 am

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! More great finds bounce flower

Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:46 am

Wow another good day, just checking the store i look in every night that has had nothing all week. Three more Random Bags that were $199 Embarassed doh i mean $1.99 each

Schleich Shetland Pony, Schleich Horse, Schleich Horse, Schleich Horse, Schleich Foal

Now I have 3 of 4 of the foal, and 2 or three of the white horse, I may be open to trades in the US

The odd thing is the white horse I got a goodwill tonight has three black H H H written on the tummy with a marker pen, I guess a kids Initials.
I found a horse at Saint Vincent DePaul last month that has the same "H H H" written on the tummy. So some family spent hundreds on toys for the kids and then donated them to different charity stores

Schleich Lion, Safari White Tiger Cub, Schleich Kangaroo, Schleich Moose

Unknown Osprey from Tuesday, Unknown Racoon, Unknown Cat, Schleich Mini Clydsdale, Safari Toob Horse

Mini Clydesdale, that does not compute; Illogical.

My grand father ran away from home at age 17 in 1917 with $12 and a Clydesdale and he managed with one good leg to ride it around the midwest working farm to farm as an extra draft horse and driver

Last edited by Vondan on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:18 am

Three more Random Bags that were $199 each

For almost 200 USD, I hope the bags were HUUUGE Laughing

Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:47 am

Three more Random Bags that were $199 each

For almost 200 USD, I hope the bags were HUUUGE Laughing

A few years ago I did catch one SVDP trying to pass off a monopoly box from after 1967 with pieces from the 2000 nostalgia set that were wood with gold leaf as an original set from 1924 and they were asking $200
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:34 pm

Congratulations for another good day! I think I've found the owner of your HHH figures! Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Wow, so many nice new stuff!! Congrats cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:54 pm

Hey researching and now this week I got the whole Lipizzaner family, my mom is a lippy nut so now I got her Birthday and Christmas covered for the price of $1.50
Back to top Go down
A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:56 pm

affraid so many nice figures of such a low price cyclops congrats!
can I borrow your thrift store for a while bom

http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:03 pm

affraid so many nice figures of such a low price cyclops congrats!
can I borrow your thrift store for a while bom

The last three post was about three different store over three days, and then i can go weeks and not find any thing in any of my interest
Back to top Go down
Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:20 pm

And today another $1.99 bag with a Schleich calf, and a Schleich Lipizzan Filly.

And the filly also has the same kids initials on the tummy but this time I can see it is not "H H H", it is F A IT H, ware the f is always small and crocked and the A is open at the top and the I and T are next to each other.

Now I'm at work Introducing the Lippy filly to the 3 Lippy mares and the Lippy stallion and the 3 Lippy foals. The Foals are happy enough but the old mares with scuffed paint are jealous of the new filly
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Well, I think that now the marking is clear. It says FAITH, something natural when you find the figures in religious Institutions, don't you agree? study Wink santa

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:37 am

Well, I think that now the marking is clear. It says FAITH, something natural when you find the figures in religious Institutions, don't you agree? study Wink santa

I have not been inside a religious Institutions in 15 years but i don't remember any Schleich toys.

I think the mystery is did the toys belong to H Faith, Faith H, or H Faith H, as looking at three horses they had the H above and blow the faith that I had thought was HHH wriren both left to right and top to bottom.

H
FAITH
H

those H should be above and below the ai
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:57 am

I have not been inside a religious Institutions in 15 years but i don't remember any Schleich toys.

I think the mystery is did the toys belong to H Faith, Faith H, or H Faith H, as looking at three horses they had the H above and blow the faith that I had thought was HHH wriren both left to right and top to bottom.

H
FAITH
H

those H should be above and below the ai

You have an enigma here. scratch At the starting of this topic you talk about St Vincent DePaul , isn't it a charity shop of a religious Institution? :DAlso, according with your description those letters represent a cross of faith where h letters are the arms of the cross.
I will not say what the interception HAH means to not scare you! affraid Well, it is sounding a little strange and I'm glad you've found so many figures for such nice prices! Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:21 am

You have an enigma here. scratch At the starting of this topic you talk about St Vincent DePaul , isn't it a charity shop of a religious Institution? :DAlso, according with your description those letters represent a cross of faith where h letters are the arms of the cross.
I will not say what the interception HAH means to not scare you! affraid Well, it is sounding a little strange and I'm glad you've found so many figures for such nice prices! Very Happy Very Happy

Doh Yeah St Vincent DePaul is technically a charity shop of a religious Institution but you would know it being in there.

I think it was just a kid writing there name as the writing is so bad
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:53 am

Doh Yeah St Vincent DePaul is technically a charity shop of a religious Institution but you would know it being in there.

I think it was just a kid writing there name as the writing is so bad

Laughing OK, funny writting anyway! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Just a few things this week as there was a holiday there was no point in me going out and about as the bank was closed

I was walking by the thrift store near my shop and passed the shelf of Nick Knacks, I noticed the wolves but thought they were Porcilin or Plaster like half the thing on that shelf. I picked one up and it was heavy like plaster and did not feel like a toy. But looking on the bottom it said Safari LTD they were 49 cents each. The Snack in the manger was in a random bag

From two random $ 1.99 bags

Schleich Calf. Safari Whit tiger cub. Another Safari Otter. Unknown Collie, now i have two of this figure and another 3 different dog by the same unknown maker. Tiger cup with tiny tiny writing (which under the looking glass says Papo). Schleich Puppy

The first 3 horses on the left are form a blister pack of 6 mini horses by Imperial, three came out of the pack with heads that were tiny like they shrink when the plastic cooled down. The grey horse is from china. The last Horse on the right is from Kid kore
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:06 am

Just a few things this week as there was a holiday there was no point in me going out and about as the bank was closed

I was walking by the thrift store near my shop and passed the shelf of Nick Knacks, I noticed the wolves but thought they were Porcilin or Plaster like half the thing on that shelf. I picked one up and it was heavy like plaster and did not feel like a toy. But looking on the bottom it said Safari LTD they were 49 cents each. The Snack in the manger was in a random bag

I didn't want to insist with the religious thing but... scratch ... isn't it Jesus with the 3 Kings from the East? Like a Star @ heaven Laughing I like that 2 of them are still searching the Star! geek :)
Again fantastic figures, Safari wolves are divinal and prices are a miracle! Embarassed santa

Back to top Go down
Vondan

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:20 am

Yes the baby in the manger is probably from a Nativity play set, and it was played with it has dirt on it. But i'm confused why it would be a baby Jesus with blond hair.

And the wolves are heavy i thought they were plaster until I read Safari on the tummy
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Congrats again!! cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012   Today at 5:33 pm

Back to top Go down

This weeks thrift store finds Oktober zwölften 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2