Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012

Go down 
+7
scot(t)
Elros Alvar
Roger
baltimore zoo
widukind
SUSANNE
Ana
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Yesterday I found in antique store some animal figures and thanks to help of Lesley I now know their brand: Tipple-Topple. (here is topic about it https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t6210-vintage-bear-and-lioness-what-brand-pfeiffer-s-tipple-topple-d ) First I took only lioness and bear but today I came back for all others Very Happy I'm very happy with my newcomers, they are so charming and have something magical in them, something what turn my imagination about the older times. cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They are all pretty damaged and I think about small restoration work. I don't want this to be invasion rework but real restoration so I would need to see pictures of the same models in better condition. I wonder if anyone from forum possibly have pictures of such? Then my animals would have new paws in right shape-I could sculpt following the pictures of originals. I don't want to loose their charm, just would love to see them healthy but still old, vintage animals I love you

Here are some more pictures of them Very Happy

Happy marriage of lions Very Happy

This lion has so charming and sincere eyes cat

His wife's eyes are rather dreamy drunken

Mr Bear comes straight from the old forest tale Very Happy

And Barbary ape, funny one monkey

When I first time saw this tapir I thought it is Brazilian specie but now I see that he must be Malayan. I just didn't noticed his lighter markings on body because of dark antique shop interior...

Please, if You friends could advice me if I shall try renovation on my new friends or not? Very Happy

Last edited by ana on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:50 pm

They are Magic ! Beautyful ! Charming ! Quite exceptional , WOW! cheers

I LOVE them all, - also the funny monkey monkey I love you

About restoring them, - there are two things that talk a lot in favour of restoring them :

- They are missing paws etc and could probably easily get even more damaged if they don`t get help now.
- It is "our Anna" who is going to help them Very Happy cheers

So in this case, for once even I vote FOR a restauration !
We have seen what Lesley can do to give an old model a new life without spoiling the old charm.
Of course Lesley is THE expert, but you ren`t so bad either Wink Laughing Laughing flower

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Very wonderful newcomers!! Big congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Like the lion. There is something magical about him and his facial expression.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:17 pm

Thank You so much Susanne flower Andreas sunny and Balti Very Happy

Susanne, I think I will try to repair them but I must prepare everything to do that bounce Photos of the originals woud be first thing necessary Cool

Balti, yes the lion is very special, his eyes are so peaceful that I almost believe he is domesticated affraid Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:20 pm

Ana, they are wonderful but I must agree with Susanne. Some of them are in a condition that doesn't turn them in fantastic old collectibles! I think they need a good restoring and we trust completly in your talent what turns the decision easier. I hope someone find pictures of these figures in perfect condition. :)
I love the monkey! I love you monkey

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:22 pm

I like the figures cheers but are very old are half broken pale
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Wow, Anna, those are great figures! Wonderful wonderful finds!

I am conservative in general about restoration (that is, mostly I prefer leaving things as they are). However, I agree with what others -- Susanne and Roger, for example -- have suggested: You should do it. Here's how I'm thinking about it. If I had found those figures and it were me trying to figure out what to do, I would see if either you or Harriet could restore them and if one of you could, I'd go that direction. If not, I'd keep them as they are. So, you should definitely restore them. And I'm really looking forward to seeing the results!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:47 pm

You did it Very Happy cheers cheers cheers

Very happy to see those beautiful oldies in your hands Ana, they are in very good hands indeed. Very Happy

I wish you will restore them and I'm sure the magic inside those old toys will not disappear because it is already in your heart and eyes !

I will make pics of this one Wink

Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:05 pm

no question: restore them please. And you could make a Brazilian Tapir of it, or a Baird's Tapir!
but please don't change the facial expression of the lion male Very Happy

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:41 pm

Thank you Roger, Christophe, Philipp, Alvaro and Scott cheers cheers cheers

I also think it would be good to restore them and now I'm sure I will try. :)

Philipp, of course I will not change anything in face of lion, I love this face I love you I think shape of tapir is right for Brazilian but if original was Malayan then I prefer to stay with that and do the paintjob as similar to original as possible :) This may be quite new experience for me to not follow pictures of real animals but old models bounce

Christophe, thank You very much for the photo Very Happy Very Happy cheers

Roger, I'm happy to hear You like the monkey monkey Wink

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:23 pm

I worked on bear and monkey last days (well, finally) :) Lions and tapir seems to need more time than these two. Here are photos after surgery :)

Monkey is sentenced for a scary future, it will live with a crocodile affraid Wink

Mr Bear found a good friend in Papbear :) cat

Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:39 pm

good job!
I had to scroll to see where the damages were Very Happy

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Thanks Philipp Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 7:22 pm

I love the sentence in which you say that the poor monkey is sentenced... affraid ... sentenced to make a crocodile very happy! Very Happy Very Happy Great work again!!! Very Happy

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 7:29 pm

cheers cheers alien

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Excellent work cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Phantastic work Anna cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:15 pm

Thanks friends! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:38 pm

PeGe wrote:
good job!
I had to scroll to see where the damages were Very Happy

Laughing The same for me Anna Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:34 am

Wow, wonderful work Anna! I think both look fantastic. The monkey is improved so much!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:50 am

Like Christophe said, there is no better place to restore these classic figurines, then at your hands! cheers
I would have restored them as most as possible to the original state, but that is just my opinion, they are far better off then before, that is important to! Sad(o)):

PostSubject: Re: Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012   Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tipple-Topple Lions' couple, Malayan tapir, Bear and Barbary ape :-) updated 29 Nov 2012
Page 1 of 1