Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harriet's schleich additions

Go down 
+44
Tiermann
smithyboy
Steve170
landrover
Ana
dlfrogman
Vivien
Arrakai
Arnaud
Cyhyraeth
Lasersword1973
widukind
SyLoBe
schleich61
lucky luke
Roger
ken yeo
MD1985
MartinH
Kikimalou
Gabe
skysthelimit
Kristie
SUSANNE
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
schmidtchenschleich
atabini
Silver Unicornis
Sumo
Rio
zbyszek
smhilin
Admin
Siobhan
remrock02
alexmotoc
Sergey
Kiryuha
Nova
WILLYBACOMAN
Suebeedo
Numa
aandmkw
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Harriet's schleich additions  - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harriet's schleich additions    Harriet's schleich additions  - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:36 am

Thanks Bullyqueen, Amy and Roger flower
Roger wrote:

I searched a little and it looks it cannot be a whitefaced woodland sheep once they have long and muscular tails, maybe Arles merino is a better choice, however I haven't found their tails! geek It was probably the silliest thing I did online these days, searching sheep tails. Laughing I hope my wife won't see my browser historic! affraid Wink
Laughing
I hadn't evem looked at their tails Shocked I was focusing on their coats, horns and general colouring. I am leaning towards the arles merino more, but it's hard to say, there are other sheep breeds that look similar. study

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Harriet's schleich additions  - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harriet's schleich additions    Harriet's schleich additions  - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:22 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Thanks Bullyqueen, Amy and Roger flower
Roger wrote:

I searched a little and it looks it cannot be a whitefaced woodland sheep once they have long and muscular tails, maybe Arles merino is a better choice, however I haven't found their tails! geek It was probably the silliest thing I did online these days, searching sheep tails. Laughing I hope my wife won't see my browser historic! affraid Wink
Laughing
I hadn't evem looked at their tails Shocked I was focusing on their coats, horns and general colouring. I am leaning towards the arles merino more, but it's hard to say, there are other sheep breeds that look similar. study

Yes Harriet. These figures are often made without breed reference. Brands choose a picture with a good looking to make the figure. Of course there is the chance of that picture match a known breed but there are always the last details that can remove some of the original characteristics. It would be interesting to see brands identifiying them like it happens with cattle and horses, I agree.
For example, Mojo ram is based in a Swale dale sheep, but, as you know, the same moulds are working for 2 breeds on Mojo range. :)

Harriet's schleich additions
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15