Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:50 pm

WILDEBEEST!! cheers cheers bounce bounce bounce oh, I love this one and that calf too! This wildebeest calf is much better than Schleich retired one :) These twoo are definitelly on my wishlist :) Also elk and that wonderful WW cheetah :)
Black percheron is waste of new item and I don´t get why is palomino foal so white. But lipizzaner stallion is great :)

Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Airport

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:19 pm

I also like the gastornis and the cambrium toob. I love prehistoric animals after or before the dinosaurs. cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:26 pm

I read this topic for a long time now without posting... You know I like very much SAFARI Ltd spirit. Despite bad paintings, SAFARI ltd is a very innovative company with a wide range of animals, the biggest range among occidental companies. I like a lot most of their sculpting because IMHO SAFARI Ltd care about realism and accuracy, more than SCHLEICH, PAPO or BULLY... I will not speak about COLLECTA or MOJÖ because MOJÖ is a very young company and COLLECTA changed a lot in 2012 and I need to see 2013 to have a more precise idea. Of course I have great hopes about COLLECTA and MOJÖ. Wink

2013 seems more promising for me than 2012. Not the best year but at least I have more pics of models I wish to collect than this year.
Of course there are some very boring things, for me, like the repainted lions, wolves and foxes.

The sea line have a very good addition with the not too big sunfish and a very bad one with the humpback whale, so far from the sumptuous Carnegie model. What a Face
The gnu and calf are not a revelation like the PAPO or the COLLECTA white-tailed one but they can reach the herd.
The fennec is a new specie at last, even if it looks big and toyish on the pic. We will see because maybe the sculpting will be finer on real model.
The Wolverine pose is interesting and will join the family… If PAPO and COLLECTA would make one, wolverine will soon be a very common Toy specie.
The Elk is ok for me, far better than the previous one and still the best elk on market.
The Eastern Screech owl is a little bit big for me and not better than the KAIYODO, but I appreciate to see a less common specie on the market.

I will go for the Gastornis and dimorphodon and forget the repainted ancient brachio (what an idea Rolling Eyes )
The diabloceratops… Maybe…

Cheetah: Great and BIG. If I find enough place, I still have to buy the WW hippo and Baribal.

The toobs ? bof bof bof. I don't know for the birds, I will need closer pics.
The Cambrian toob is a big disappointment. As an extinct species collector, I really wanted this kind of stuff. But no, the colors are so poor, so toyish on the pics. Look at that anomalocaris No . I understand a toob need to be cheap and SAFARI can't reach the level of KAIYODO Cambrian species but we are far here from a decent level. I hope the Miami company will change this.
About the toobs, it is impressive to see how some are big hits and some are completely missed.

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:56 pm

Safari Ltd in its facebook page:

"Humpback is an updated model since other whale was not accurate per experts. Bowhead coming soon "

maybe in the release doc are not all models? or will be in 2014? scratch scratch

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The Cambrian toob is a big disappointment. As an extinct species collector, I really wanted this kind of stuff. But no, the colors are so poor, so toyish on the pics. Look at that anomalocaris No . I understand a toob need to be cheap and SAFARI can't reach the level of KAIYODO Cambrian species but we are far here from a decent level. I hope the Miami company will change this.

Christophe, have you any capture of the original picture of the camprian toob that appeared at the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]? might be interesting for repaintings

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:27 pm

I wanted to ask the same thing, has anyone saved the cambrian toob photo?

Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
Defteros

Country/State : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:33 am

More white lion variants...
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Country/State : Kiev, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:07 pm

I've missed this topic, but now I say that the Backyard Birds Toob is a hit! At least, for me :)
Safari toobs often contain pleasant surprises - very nice small animals that look good near other brands larger species and can become little gems of a display or diorama.
My favorite toob is Exotic Birds Toob with such species as Quetzal and Colibri. Hopefully, Backyard Birds will compete for the first place! :)
I tried to make [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:17 pm

I Totally agree with you: Safari toobs can bring pleasant surprises. The quetzal is, by far, my favorite. I got excited with the backyard birds as well!
I've missed this topic, but now I say that the Backyard Birds Toob is a hit! At least, for me :)
Safari toobs often contain pleasant surprises - very nice small animals that look good near other brands larger species and can become little gems of a display or diorama.
My favorite toob is Exotic Birds Toob with such species as Quetzal and Colibri. Hopefully, Backyard Birds will compete for the first place! :)
I tried to make [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:38 pm

...Hey friends! You already know about those 2013 prehistoric guys? scratch scratch

concavenator, Safari, Carnegie collection_2013
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

diabloceratops, Safari, wildsafari series_2013

dimorphodon, Safari, wildsafari series_2013

elasmosaurus, Safari, wildsafari series_2013

gastornis, Safari, wildsafari series_2013

gryposaurus, Safari, wildsafari series_2013

cambrian_toob_2013

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:06 pm

...And poorest 2013 WildLife collection (wild animals) on present... Sad Sad Economic Crisis in USA? Crying or Very sad

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:07 pm

...Hey friends! You already know about those 2013 prehistoric guys? scratch scratch

Of course we know since a few weeks now cheers Thank you to be here Sleep Wink

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:40 pm

... Laughing Laughing Laughing Sad(o)): But I did,nt see pics here earlier! Cool

Last edited by Sergey on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:33 pm

... Laughing Laughing Laughing Sad(o)): But I did,nt see pics here early! Cool

All right you did the job Laughing Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

By the way, I will probably buy two or three of these Wink

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:07 am

Thanks for the link...I haven't been on properly for a while!

Wow...Lots of great and new animals there. I'll hopefully be getting the backyard birds tube...I like the blue jay a lot.

almisi43

Country/State : españa

PostSubject: news for 2013!!   Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Apparently they are to scale.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Tyler Loew

Country/State : U.S.A. Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:19 am

NO NEW FARM ANIMALS exclamation exclamation exclamation Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Gulogulo76

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:13 am

There's a few new Safari Ltd models I'm looking forward to. The wolverine, of course! Also the black wolf and black fox. I realize they are simply re-paints, but I love wild canids, so yays! Can't wait for the Townsend's big-eared bat and the Eastern screech owl. I even like the "Halloween Tube" (it has a black cat!) and, of course, the backyard birds are a must! The minis, dragons, and glow-in-the-darks will have to wait and see for now. I don't know.
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: weasels   Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:53 pm

There's a few new Safari Ltd models I'm looking forward to. The wolverine, of course! Also the black wolf and black fox. I realize they are simply re-paints, but I love wild canids, so yays! Can't wait for the Townsend's big-eared bat and the Eastern screech owl. I even like the "Halloween Tube" (it has a black cat!) and, of course, the backyard birds are a must! The minis, dragons, and glow-in-the-darks will have to wait and see for now. I don't know.

i love weasels cheers they are my favorite. Very Happy i would love for Safari to make one. the wolverine will be a nice one to have even though there are a few others out there..... if you love mustelidae like me there is a topic in the "Show us yours" section to post your weasel family models. and welcome to the forum! cheers

-Lance
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 pm

I´ll get at least 2 models: the black pegasus and the foal. The other 2 new horse molds look awesome too! And I also like the Percheron. I´m not sure if I will be able to resist them!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 pm

Will someone please send me the link to the pics? I do not collect many safari, but I am still excited to see their contribution to the model world. :)
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:04 am

Will someone please send me the link to the pics? I do not collect many safari, but I am still excited to see their contribution to the model world. :)

here ya go!

Country/State : USA, OR

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:02 pm

This Weedy Seadragon is listed as "new" on Safari's new website:

How is that? This exact figure is sitting on a shelf behind me. Same figure, same color scheme.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:50 am

This Weedy Seadragon is listed as "new" on Safari's new website:

How is that? This exact figure is sitting on a shelf behind me. Same figure, same color scheme.

Very strange indeed scratch It was even not a new model in the 2010 catalogue Laughing

Seijun

Country/State : USA, OR

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:59 am

I bought mine a year or two ago, the website still has them for sale

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!   Today at 10:53 pm

Back to top Go down

Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next