Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:56 pm

As we all know, STS is the greatest forum in the world for animal figure collectors. Here, I wanted to share some recent additions to my collection. All of these come very recently from STS forum members. It has been an enormous pleasure to trade with and buy from these amazing people.

First, from Yvette, I purchased several animals. (And as many who have received a package from Yvette have discovered, you might sometimes even find an extra thrown in. In my case I received, among other things, a small bullyland hyena that I adore. Yvette rocks.) Here, I'm just going to show off two of the animals I got from her. They were both very high up on my wishlist and I treasure them.

The Schleich Puma is first:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I passed up lots of opportunities to buy this figure earlier. Most copies I've seen were pretty beat up and frankly there were times I was not convinced I would really like the Schleich Puma all that much. The Safari and the Papo are really great (though in somewhat different ways) and the Mojo, as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], looks extremely promising. So I wasn't sure the schleich could really compete with those figures. But once I had the Schleich in my hands, it predictably worked its Schleich-magic -- it's a real thing, that magic -- and I am extremely fond of this model. Plus, Yvette sent me a version that is in absolutely lovely condition.

Next, also from Yvette, the Schleich Maine Coon:

I don't like saying it, but I'm just not a domestic cat person. I get along with them fine (very well in fact), but I've not collected any except two tiny $1 'made in china' throw-outs. But my wife's family cat is a Maine Coon and she loves them. I couldn't resist. Plus, this Schleich Maine Coon is almost as big as the Puma. I like this in part because I read an article recently in which someone in the US reported seeing a Puma in the neighborhood and it turned out to be just a particularly big Maine Coon. Hilarious.

I also purchased this absolutely stunningly beautiful Schleich Beagle from Joan.

Honestly, I was surprised by how lovely it turned out to be in person. Pictures do not do this figure justice. In the first place, this particular piece is in mint condition. But in person the figure is painted so nicely and it looks great from every angle. Just a nice, classic piece. And as I said, it is much prettier in person than I could ever have know from seeing pictures of this figure for years.

Finally, in a trade with Krista (kristaru), I received the H+M Red River Hog. Very exciting!

I've envied this piece in others' collections for a long time now and even with the recent CollectA release of a Red River Hog, this is an awesome addition.

Also, Krista was so kind and threw in a piece of candy from Finland that I used to eat a long time ago. (During College, I had a Finnish friend who would get it for me and then whom I accompanied on a visit to Finland. But I hadn't had one of these toffees in many many years.) It was delicious and I ate it in about three seconds and forced myself not to eat anything else for a while in order to savor the taste.

Thanks to all these wonderful STS friends!

Perhaps a bit later, I'll use this thread to post some other recent additions, but I wanted to start by showing off some pieces I acquired with the help of this excellent community.
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Wonderful additions Scott!! You found one of my alltime favourites-the K&M red river hog cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:36 pm

Congratulations Scott! Very Happy
I believe these Schleich figures doesn't intend to compete in terms of realism but they are very well finished and really atractive, although sometimes it looks a negative comment it is not, it is indeed a very positive judgement. The puma is easily identifiable, the beagle looks really great and I confess when I started collecting I almost felt tempted to collect Schleich domestic cat series. Then I figured how hard was to find them and when the great friends of the forum started to make me think that when helping each other every dreams are possible, I was not concentrated anymore in collecting domestic figures. I like the cat series! cat I'm eager to see more additions from you! bounce bounce

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:44 pm

WONDERFUL additions, Scott cheers
And absolutely lovely photoes !

You are right, there IS something special about getting one of those retired Schleich in your hand, they had SO much "it" Very Happy

Hurrayyy for STS and all the great friends here bounce bounce cheers

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:05 pm

cONGRTAS cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:39 pm

congrats! thankyou you for sharing the great pics scott.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:00 am

I love that Puma! Congratulations Scott, you got such a lovely bunch here cheers
I'm very fussy about domestic cat models, they have to look like cats or I'm not buying, a lot of models I've seen they haven't captured the cat look. This one you have here is lovely though. cat

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:10 am

Wow I love that maine coon! The others are fantastic too! Great additions.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Thank you for your comments Andreas, Roger, Susanne, Álvaro, Coel, Harriet, and Paige!

Andreas, I'm almost positive I first saw the K+M Red River Hog in one of your posts. I really like it.

Roger, I agree with you about these old Schleich and about the Puma especially. It is not realistic, but so readily identifiable. And so pleasing. It's very characteristic of many Schleich figures.

Susanne and Coel, I'm glad you like the pictures. I hesitate to use filters because I come to the forum to see pictures of animals that give me a better feel for what the model actually looks like, and I don't want to distort that.

Harriet and Paige, I'm glad you like the Maine Coon. It does seem to be hard to find cat figures that really look like domestic cats (rather than looking like pictures out of children's book). But they are great when you do find them.

Thank you everybody!

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Congrats Scott cheers

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:55 pm

Thanks Robert!
Back to top Go down
landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:56 am

K&M Red River Hog is splendid

Congratulations

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:11 am

Congratulation Scott, I like your eclectic choices cheers

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:11 am

Thank you Fernando and Christophe!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:18 am

I was finally able to acquire a retired Safari figure I'd been wanting for a long time. The Big Horn Ram. Even better, it was brand-new, in the package with the original tags, and sold for basically retail on eBay. I feel very lucky. (Now I just need to scrounge up the retired Safari Aardvark.)

I also recently found the California Condor. I was surprised by how much I ended up liking it.

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:58 am

Big congrats Scott!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

You found b2 really phantastic newcomers, the calfornia condor is one favourite for me from Safari ltd. cheers cheers cheers

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:04 pm

very cool new additions Scott.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Congrats Scott

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Congrats Cool Shocked cheers sunny affraid

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:14 am

Congratulations Scott, I also have both and still the only representatives of these species in my collection. I always liked the bighorn and I never got used with the flying pose of California condor. But the fault is mine and I appreciate diversity also in poses. Very Happy
I wish you a lot of luck with the aardvark, you'll love it if you don't care with the size! Laughing

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:57 am

Great additions! I would love it if other companies did more wild sheep too, because I love that ram!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:28 am

Thank you for your comments everybody -- Andreas, sauroid, Robert, Álvaro, Roger, and Paige -- I really appreciate your thoughtful remarks!!

Andreas, I really like the Condor too. It surprised me.

Roger, I had the same reaction you did initially about the Condor pose: I don't generally like flying birds (although I do like the Furuta flying birds on the stands). I hate the way the Condor just lies there on my shelf, but I do like holding it in my hands. It is likely a good model for kids who want to play with it.

And thank you for your encouragement about the Aardvark. I don't usually like big models, but I've decided I could live with that Safari Aardvark. I do like the Safari Raccoon and Opossum, and they are both monsters. :)

I agree about the wild sheep Paige! I'd love to see more of them by different companies!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:45 am

Congratulation Scott for the bighorn and the condor Sad(o)): Still don't have the bird but I guess it i a question of time Laughing

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:20 pm

Great wildlife)
I esp like the puma figure- nice piece :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:47 pm

Thank you Christophe and Daria!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Today at 5:05 am

Back to top Go down

Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next