Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:17 am

wonderful additions Scott !!! Very impressive and inspiring pics. too Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Thank you Dr Narayanan!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:32 pm

Recently, I received a very wonderful package from Denmark. Susanne had sent me one of the lovely Mojo 2012 Great White Sharks just released. (They are still not easy to find in the US. Susanne was both helpful and amazingly generous!)

Even more generous was a surprise in the package: the Bullyland Topi! Something I've long wanted!

Thank you so much Susanne!!! I feel so lucky to have such wonderful STS friends!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:06 pm

They are wonderful gems Scott!! Big hurray for Susanne cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:02 am

Great shark, Scott! Very Happy
My Bullyland antelope is also a Susanne's gift. I think it is hard to find because she bought all stock. Luckily, she is distributing them with friends of the forum and pleasing us with her generosity! flower

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:23 am

Awesome awesome Sad(o)): My Sussaby is getting ready to depart from Germany any time bounce
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:11 am

Great that they arrived safely cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think it is hard to find because she bought all stock. Luckily, she is distributing them with friends of the forum and... flower

Laughing Laughing That was exactly why I snatched a few when Robert showed me, there were some for sale on Ebay Wink
Even if this model is ( almost? ) impossible to find without paint missing, it is one of my favorite Bullylands.
Only, I wished I had more for everyone What a Face

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:36 am

Great newcomers Scott!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:05 am

Thank you Harriet, Roger, Dr. Narayanan, Paige, and especially Susanne, for your kind comments!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Very nice gifts Scott Very Happy the Topi is a really good addition Sad(o)):

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:17 am

Thank you Christophe!
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:17 am

Nice additions again cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:45 pm

Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt) (with 2013 Safari Wolverine and Favorite Dinosaurs)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:46 am

Sadly, over the last several months I haven't been nearly as active here on the forum as I'd have liked. But I try. (It's this new parenting thing. Who knew that having a child would be require time and attention?)

After [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] some great pictures of the new 2013 Safari Wolverine, I immediately ordered it (from H & H Winner's Circle). I really like the figure and it is definitely the Safari figure I'm most excited about for 2013 (well, not including the Gryposaurus and the Diabloceratops). I should say, however, that I do still prefer the Mojo Fun Wolverine; very much. Nevertheless, the Safari is excellent. The Mojo Fun is much more static, but the sculpt -- the face especially -- is just beautiful.

Here are two pictures of the two together:

2013 Safari Wolverine and 2012 Mojo Wolverine

2012 Mojo Wolverine and 2013 Safari Wolverine

Additionally, I've been collecting Dinosaurs. (Yay! Too much fun.) So here is a sample of some of my recent acquisitions. I ended up splurging on the newer Favorite/Kinto "Soft Model" set. I love it.

2012 Favorite Allosaurus

2012 Favorite Parasaurolophus

2012 Favorite Styracosaurus

Strictly speaking, the dinosaurs are actually for the munchkin, when he's old enough. So I'm taking pictures now, before he chews them to shreds. Thanks for looking!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:04 am

Laughing Is a munchkin a cat? cat
You have a good reason to have less time to enjoy with us, though, I am happy you can find some time to our forum. Very Happy
I agree with you that Mojo's wolverine has a fantastic face, actually hard to reproduce to Safari considering their manufacturing style. However, I love the action on Safari's wolverine and the figure looks correctly proportionated. So we have a great pair. Very Happy
Nice dinosaurs and pictures too! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:00 am

Wow, those dinos are so brightly colored for some reason it makes me think of candy. Embarassed Laughing Great additions, especially that wolverine.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:59 am

Thank you Roger! Good point about Safari: they really don't seem to get the sort of detail that would be needed to recreate the detail on the face of the Mojo wolverine. (It makes me really look forward to some of the upcoming Mojo 2013 models! The Gaur...drool...)

I agree Paige! I'm craving marzipan now.

Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:03 am

Congrats Scott! I think I like the Safari Wolverine more!

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:48 am

These are great! Congratulations, your munchkin will love the dinos I'm sure. How will you keep him from wanting all your others figurines too?

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:41 am

I can`t wait to get that wolverine !!!
Safri has cought exactly the strange gait they have, - he is gorgeous !

I agree Paige! I'm craving marzipan now.

MARZIPAN !!!! affraid Me too bounce bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy

Good that Oliver the Munchkin keeps you on your toes, - just wait till he begins to walk Laughing
I am sure he is a very active, intelligent, and inventive "cat" cheers

Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:34 am

Congratulation Scott Very Happy I agree with Rogério, the MOJÖ FUN wolverine is a masterpiece but the SAFARI Ltd have a very nice pose and it is a very good reason to add it to my collection too.

Your son is very lucky to chew a few KINTO, I don't know a lot of fathers who would buy dinosaurs in Japan and indeed it is an excellent choice. Having the chance to learn about palaeontology and good taste with such things is a very good point for your papoose [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

By the way, I know how a young child can burn our free time but culd you make a walkaround of the allosaurus, I don't have it and maybe it could be on my wishlist Wink

And thank you for the good pics cheers

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:53 pm

Thank you Ken, Harriet, Susanne, and Christophe!

How will you keep him from wanting all your others figurines too?

That is a great question and one that has vexed us both (me and his mom). I may take many of the figures to my office (along with one of the glass vitrines that we also don't want a toddler crashing into). And probably many will be packed away. However, some will end up as toys; I just don't know which ones and how the selection process with work. Some (the recent Schleich Polar Bear, for example) I've earmarked for the munchkin because I just don't treasure them. But I also want him to have some cool toys and not just cast-offs. So it's a dilemma.

Heck this would be an interesting thread topic (though it might have limited appeal): How do you decide which figures end up in your collection and which ones end up as your children's (or niece's or nephew's or godchild's, and so on) toys. I seem to remember that this is something that Anna, and Joan, and Roger, among others, have thought about.

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:54 pm

I just wait till he begins to walk Laughing

I know! it's frightening.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:57 pm

but culd you make a walkaround of the allosaurus, I don't have it and maybe it could be on my wishlist Wink

Absolutely! I'd be delighted to do that. It'll be sometime within the next few days. I can also do some comparison shots with some other Allosaurus (the recent Wild Safari, the small Schleich and the "Replica Saurus" Schleich, and the great Papo figure).

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:45 am

Thank you Ken, Harriet, Susanne, and Christophe!

How will you keep him from wanting all your others figurines too?

That is a great question and one that has vexed us both (me and his mom). I may take many of the figures to my office (along with one of the glass vitrines that we also don't want a toddler crashing into). And probably many will be packed away. However, some will end up as toys; I just don't know which ones and how the selection process with work. Some (the recent Schleich Polar Bear, for example) I've earmarked for the munchkin because I just don't treasure them. But I also want him to have some cool toys and not just cast-offs. So it's a dilemma.

Heck this would be an interesting thread topic (though it might have limited appeal): How do you decide which figures end up in your collection and which ones end up as your children's (or niece's or nephew's or godchild's, and so on) toys. I seem to remember that this is something that Anna, and Joan, and Roger, among others, have thought about.

I asked myself the same questions four years ago and until now the solution is very different from what I imagine first. Most of the time, when Camille found an animal, or have one as a gift, she asked us to put it on a display Laughing. For her, animals are daddy's toys. Even if she has a full box of animals, she plays with a few sometimes but she prefers to play with "her own toys" so... Don't be afraid Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Today at 12:49 am

Back to top Go down

Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next