Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:52 am

Thank you Florien, 4U, and Susanne!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

How large are they ? 

And you already got the raven !!! Are the new Safarios already available in the US ?

PS, I hope you all are ok in the snowstorm ?  pale

Susanne, the dinosaurs are small, like the other Kaiyodo figures. In this case they are about 2 inches (5 cm) long.

Safari apparently made a few of the 2014 figures available this month. I saw the Raven, the Suchomimus, one of the whales, and the Dachshund. There are probably more, but those are the ones I noticed.

The storm seems pretty mild and, thankfully, we don't have to go anywhere and are hunkered down at home (with power; thank goodness). So we're doing fine so far! Thank you so much for asking!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:20 am

Congratulation for your new additions Scott  Applause The two Kaiyodo ceratopsians are also on my shelves and I'm happy we are sharing again the same feelings for the same models  Very Happy 

I hope the storm will stop soon without too much damages for you and your neighbours.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:19 am

Wonderful newcomers Scott!! cheers cheers cheers cheers 

I hope the storm is over now. Last week we had a lso a big storm in europe and this storm killed a lot a seals, mostly in Great Britain

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:22 am

Safari makes some very nice birds indeed  Surprised 

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:28 am

Amazing new dinosaurs Scott! And raven is very cool too! Congratulations! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:12 pm

Wow, that raven does look nicer than in the catalogue. And congrats on your newbies!
Also, I do hope you will be ok in that snow storm heading your way, bundle up please!  pale 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:20 am

Thank you Christophe, Andreas, Carola, Anna, and Paige for all your comments and kind thoughts during the storm. It was not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:29 am

These are really great additions Scott! The Raven is super.
Wow, a snow storm, makes me feel cold!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Thank you so much Harriet!

(You must get snow where you live. Do you get blizzards?)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:58 pm

You must get snow where you live. Do you get blizzards?
Mostly it rains (!) or we have frosts.  When it does snow, it usually doesn't last very long. We do have blizzards, perhaps not as bad as your's though.

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:27 pm

It rains in England? I don't recall any damp weather from the Jane Austen novels I've read.

Wink kidding of course.  Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Congratulations Scott! Very Happy It is exciting that you can already see some Safari. I hope to get the raven too! Very Happy
It is great that snow storm was not so bad. I don't have them here. Actually, I only remember seeing snow once in Lisbon and flakes melted immediatly. So, no real snow effect. It was not a long time ago and people was so excited about it that mobile networks locked with the avalanche of mobile phone calls. santa
I checked your profile to see why you're not receiving allerts but everything is correct in your preferences. As you know, you receive these allerts on your e-mail address you're using on forum and you only receive a new allert anytime you visit this thread logged in. If it has, for example, 10 new posts between your visits, you'll only receive a single allert. Also you can check if your e-mail service is not considering it spam. Idea Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Oh, those ceratopsians. I'm very pleased with the direction Kaiyodo seem to be moving in - the technical quality of their models seems to have taken a great leap forward in their recent releases. Great additions!

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: New additions   Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:20 am

Awesome raven, Scott! I am getting these mojo figures for Christmas
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:08 am

Oh, those ceratopsians. I'm very pleased with the direction Kaiyodo seem to be moving in - the technical quality of their models seems to have taken a great leap forward in their recent releases. Great additions!

I agree KAIYODO models improved a lot this year, I guess the new material is the motor of this evolution  Applause 

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:27 pm

Thank you for looking into that Roger. I only meant that for some reason, this thread never shows us in the "Topics You Are Watching" section under my profile. I don't know why. All the others I follow do show up. But it's not a big deal and I'm not worried about it.

Thank you for your comments Lance and Lea!

Christophe, do you have the other members of the Ceratopsian set? I bought only the Diabloceratops and the Kosmoceratops. But now I'm thinking of getting the Triceratops (or one of them). If you have all of them, can you tell me whether the Triceratops is larger than the other two? or the same size?

(I would have thought they'd just make them the same size, but they include the little man for scale, so I thought perhaps they made the Triceratops larger.)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Thank you for looking into that Roger. I only meant that for some reason, this thread never shows us in the "Topics You Are Watching" section under my profile. I don't know why. All the others I follow do show up. But it's not a big deal and I'm not worried about it.

I also don't know, those are automatically generated lists and they doesn't work always in a very accurate way. :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:40 am

I can't help Scott, I only bought the Diabloceratops and the Kosmoceratops. My wallet is far smaller than last year and I had to make choices  Wink 

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:25 am

I also don't know, those are automatically generated lists and they doesn't work always in a very accurate way. :)

No worries at all Roger. It's really not a big deal. Thank you for your help!

I can't help Scott, I only bought the Diabloceratops and the Kosmoceratops. My wallet is far smaller than last year and I had to make choices  Wink 

I'm in exactly the same situation Christophe: I only bought those two and I have been buy a lot less this year.
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Thanks Scott for taking the time to post your new additions. You have collected very nice models.

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi Scott, I really like the Capsule Q triceratops. Can you make a comparison of one with a schleich human or a kitan techni colour animal? What's the size exactly?

http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:16 am

Hi Scott, I really like the Capsule Q triceratops. Can you make a comparison of one with a schleich human or a kitan techni colour animal? What's the size exactly?

Florian, I'm so sorry! I never saw this request. I apologize and hope you didn't think I just ignored it.

The Capsule Q Triceratops is pretty small. About an inch/inch and a half high and two or three inches long. (A tiny bit longer than my thumb and about as thick.)

The Triceratops is the same size as the other Ceratopsians in this series (the Kosmoceratops and the Diabloceratops) even though those were smaller than Triceratops in real life. Kaiyodo captures this fact by providing a little man with the model for scale -- a little man that is smaller than the little men provided with the Kosmoceratops and Diabloceratops.

I will try to take a comparison picture when I get a chance. (By "schleich human" did you mean the little humans that come with the Schleich Replica Saurus models? or a normal Schleich human? Just curious.)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:14 am

It rains in England? I don't recall any damp weather from the Jane Austen novels I've read.

Wink kidding of course.  Very Happy )
 Laughing 

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:29 pm

It's been ages since I've posted on this thread. I've added lots of animals to my collection, but what with chasing around a toddler and making a move to a new city (not too far away from the old one -- actually just moved closer to work), I haven't been as active on the forum … and not just the forum, really everything takes a backseat to the munchkin.

But I thought it might be nice to dig up some pictures of a couple of my additions from the last six months, additions of which I'm particular fond (and also have pictures of -- the fact is that nearly all my animals are packed away, from the move, and so there are figures I've acquired that I adore, but just can't share right now. I'd love to share a picture of the new CollectA Carcharodontosaurus, for example, but that's not going to happen anytime soon).

First, I know this is old news, but I have to share pictures of a couple of CollectA's first-round of 2014 figures. They are just great. But also, I've been waiting for several years for one of the major companies (not counting Britains) to release an Asian Water Buffalo. Finally, CollectA obliged and I'm so happy about it. I'd still love to see Papo do one as well. I'm greedy. Seriously, though, this is a big deal for me. The Water Buffalo was literally at the top of my list of animals I most wanted to see made by a major company -- it was number 1. And CollectA made one.

(Sorry, I know these aren't the best pictures.)

CollectA Wild Asian Water Buffalo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Tasmanian Devil and Cassowary are great too.

And some of the Kaiyodo Dinotales Dinosaurs I've acquired are particularly pleasing to me.

The Therizinosaurus, which despite being a bit too naked and unfeathered for my taste, is wonderful to look at.

Apatosaurus
(Sorry, I know I've posted some of these pictures elsewhere on the forum. Hopefully not too many.)

and Brachiosaurus

Last, I completely splurged a couple months ago and finally purchased a couple of Battat dinosaurs. I was fortunate to get two of my three or four favorites from the Battat set (the Triceratops is one of my favorites, but it's just too far out of my price range; I can't even think about getting the Tyrannosaurus or Acrocanthosaurus or, god forbid, the Apatosaurus -- way too expensive).

The Edmontonia (my single favorite Battat dinosaur):

and Ouranosaurus (which, like some of the others above, including the Edmontonia, I think I've already shared somewhere on the forum).

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Really fantastic additions, Scott!  Applause 

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Today at 5:05 am

Back to top Go down

Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next