Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Some recent additions.

The Kaiyodo Crow has been something I've been wanting very badly for a while. But I wasn't willing to shell out the amount of money sellers were asking for it on eBay. Then a new listing popped up recently with the figure selling at a much more reasonable price and I snatched it up. Worth it. It is a really lovely figure.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then I ordered two Mojo pieces and I am very happy with both: The Mojo Bald Eagle is likely my favorite Bald Eagle (I have two Schleichs and a Safari, but this Mojo is the more gorgeous of the four.)

And the Black Bear is fantastic.

This Britains Gaur I fell in love with after Chris posted [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of it.

And finally, the Papo Zorse. I know many have criticized it and expressed skepticism. But I love its "toyish" quality and lovely surface texture.

(that's all for now!)
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Wonderful additions Scott!! Big congratulations!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Especially the gaur- i know i search for him a long time before i got him. Very Happy Very Happy

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Wonderful additions , - WOW! That crow drunken

I am so happy that you also like the much-discussed Zorse Very Happy Very Happy

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Those are great additions! :) I remember you saying that you wanted this crow and nice you found it. :)
Others are also present in my collection, no many gaurs around, Britains is great! Very Happy
Bald eagle is also my favorite and zorce is not on my wishes! Ayway, it doesn't matter how many people like it, important is that you enjoy it and have it in your collection! cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Some recent additions.

The Kaiyodo Crow has been something I've been wanting very badly for a while. But I wasn't willing to shell out the amount of money sellers were asking for it on eBay. Then a new listing popped up recently with the figure selling at a much more reasonable price and I snatched it up. Worth it. It is a really lovely figure.

(that's all for now!)
Oh you got one!!! I'm alien with envy, but I'm so glad you found one! cheers
Congratulations Scott on your latest additions, they're wonderful, the Gaur is super I love you

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Wow, I have managed to completely miss this topic! :O

I didn't even know that Schleich has done a puma!! A really nice one too! Now it's on my wishlist too :D<3

I love the Kaiyodo raven and the Mojö black bear too. The zorse is kinda cute.

Great additions Scott!

Thehee, my red river hog was featured also in this topic! Still very happy you liked it (and the candy bar!)

Last edited by krista on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://zombiebambiraptor.blogspot.com/
Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:19 pm

The crow is very magnificent and lifelike!

The Papo Zorse is not at all like I expected. Not necessarily in a bad way....but not in a good way either. Very Happy

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Thank you Andreas, Susanne, Roger, Harriet, Krista, and Kristie!

My standout favorite are likely the crow and the Gaur. I have been wanting that crow for a long time. (I know you've been looking for it too, Harriet--I am still watching for it and will let you know immediately if I find it.) The Gaur by Anna is clearly the best one "available" (in the sense of being available to more than one person), but I have just assumed it is not longer actually available--a limited series, all of which have been snatched up. The Britains is a good backup, but Anna's is amazing.

Then the Mojos. They are really nice. I always wonder why they smell odd when they come out of the wrapper. Are they made of some sort of odd plastic? Perhaps the paint is different? Anyway, I love them. I love the matte paint quality.

I really do like the Zorse. But, again, it is very toy-ish to me and that's part of what I like about it. It's not everyone's cup of tea, though. I completely understand that.

And thank you again Krista for the Red River Hog and the very very tasty candy!!

Thanks for your comments everybody!

Back to top Go down
Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:06 pm

...I like your new models Scott! cheers (except Papo Zorse of course! Laughing Laughing ) lol!

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Thank you Sergey!
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:53 am

Congrats! Kaiyodo crow is really beautiful!!

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:06 am

Thanks Ken!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:17 am

This arrived recently and I'm very happy with it. It's a Preiser "hunting" Fox. At least that's what the seller said it was called: "hunting fox." It is also listed as 1:25 scale, although it is quite small; smaller than the Kaiyodo Fox. I love the size of the figure, but I'm wondering if it really is correctly categorized as 1:25.

In the pictures, I'll put it next to the most recent Schleich Fox, for a size comparison. (Both photographs were taken under poor artificial light. I apologize for that. They are not very sharp.)

and the Preiser Fox with the Schleich Fox.

(Can this really be 1:25 scale? I have a Preiser horse that is also listed as 1:25 and the fox seems quite small next to it. On the other hand, if I put it up against the Britains Grizzly--which I will suppose for the moment is actually 1:32 scale--it is a bit bigger than it should be. So, it might be safe to say it is larger than a 1:32 scale.

Again, I don't mind the size at all; I love it actually. I'm just curious.)
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:33 am

okay, I take it back. Given the average length of a Red Fox's body and tail, the model should work out to be just under two inches long if it is 1:25 scale and that is in fact exactly what it is, about 1 and 3/4 of an inch. That would make the Schleich Fox about 1:15 scale or larger.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:41 am

What an absolutely lovely little fox I love you drunken

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Congratulation Scott, it is a very fine fox, one of my favorite Sad(o)):

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:21 pm

Congratulations Scott!! A very nice fox!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Wow he is great! And soooo little. Great addition. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Congratulations Scott!

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:18 pm

He's gorgeous Scott! Great catch! A good place to convert scales is this site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I use it all the time.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Scott, scales are cruel sometimes. Some brands made foxes in 1:32 scale but due to its small size they needed to make it a little larger.
Only comparing with the Schleich fox I can see that it is half tall at shoulders than the Schleich figure. As I think the Schleich is about 1:12 scale it means that the little fox is 1:24 that doesn't make difference to 1:25.
That's strange once it means that half the scale represents indeed 8 times smaller in volume. study
Theories apart, I need that red fox... Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:48 am

Thank you Susanne, Christophe, Andreas, Paige, Ken, Harriet, and Roger!!

And soooo little.

He is! thank you paige.

A good place to convert scales is this site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I use it all the time.

Great link Harriet! Thank you!

Scott, scales are cruel sometimes. Some brands made foxes in 1:32 scale but due to its small size they needed to make it a little larger.
Only comparing with the Schleich fox I can see that it is half tall at shoulders than the Schleich figure. As I think the Schleich is about 1:12 scale it means that the little fox is 1:24 that doesn't make difference to 1:25.
That's strange once it means that half the scale represents indeed 8 times smaller in volume. study

I thought the same thing Roger! In particular, I found myself wondering how companies working with the 1:32 scale would be able to make a fox that small and realized--just as you say--that they must need to make it a little larger.

I thought of you when I got the fox. If I find another, I will let you know. (And if you find another Starlux fox, you let me know. Very Happy )

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 am

Scott, I'd loved to find a Starlux fox for you. Very Happy Actually it was Susanne who found mine once I'm not an Ebay man! Very Happy
Anyway, if there is any way to help you it would be a pleasure. cheers

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:46 am

He's gorgeous Scott! Great catch! A good place to convert scales is this site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I use it all the time.

Great site Harriet, I made my own because I never found that on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sad(o)):

I thought the same thing Roger! In particular, I found myself wondering how companies working with the 1:32 scale would be able to make a fox that small and realized--just as you say--that they must need to make it a little larger.

I thought of you when I got the fox. If I find another, I will let you know. (And if you find another Starlux fox, you let me know. Very Happy )

HAUSSER ELASTOLIN made a 1:32 fox family in the 1970's Wink

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Great site Harriet, I made my own because I never found that on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sad(o)):
It is isn't it, Phil(ter4) told me about it first.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Today at 1:07 am

Back to top Go down

Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next