Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt) updated for December   Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:42 pm

In the last month or so, I've accumulated several new figures, some of which I wanted to share here.

First, I found this figure on eBay. I've been coveting it for a while. It certainly wasn't cheap, but it was a better deal than what I usually see, so I'm glad I grabbed it when I did. It is the Schleich Condor. And it is so ugly, it is gorgeous.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next, I made a point of looking for some of the Bayala sets that had animals figures I liked, but which could not be found elsewhere. I don't collect the Elves and so, I confess, I've packed away the human figures that came with these animal in my "discard" box. I got the sets that include the porcupine, the panther, and the cheetah. I actually found the panther ("Noctis" set) for very cheap at a run-down store in an out-of-the-way area near Salem. This made me happy. I'm not sure I'd ever have picked it up otherwise.

Pictured here are the Schleich Cheetah ("Liassa" version) and Schleich Panther ("Noctis" version):

Finally, although I don't usually collect Bullyland, these two figures finally became available at TGF and they are excellent figures. I know everyone's seen them, but I'm sharing anyway since they are now among my most treasured Bullyland figures (right next to the Caribou, the English Bulldog, the deluxe Black Rhino, and a little Raccoon I have). They are the Bullyland Asiatic Black Bear (Moon Bear) and the Bullyland Giraffe. (Although they are not pictured, I also picked up their young 'uns.)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Great additions, pictures and presentation, Scott! Very Happy
Although not all Schleich birds of prey are excelent, I think the series is precious, not because they are rare but as a concept. I only have the Bullyland Andean condor but I also would love to have this one if it was not so expensive and hard to get. Very Happy
With precious Yvett's help, I also have the cheetah, I absolutly love the pose of this cat, much more exciting than the 2 cheetahs from Wildlife series. The figure has great legs too. cat I never saw the Bully giraffe in real but looks an amasing figure only the Asian black bear, not being a bad figure, I am still not used with it, I don't know if it is the huge size or any other reason. I just don't feel enthusiasm with the figure. However, that is a very interesting species and there is no many to choose. Congratulations and keep posting your wonderful pictures even when the figures are already known. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Phantastic additions Scott!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Thank you Andreas and Roger!

Roger, I agree with you about the concept of the bird of prey series. I wish they do something like that again (not necessarily a bird of prey series, but something like it -- it's a great idea).

For me, the main thing that is slightly off-putting about the Moon Bear figure is that it is two separate pieces glued together. And somehow, you can tell right away. The head and arms are glued on to the trunk and legs. You can see the line that runs from armpit to armpit.

But still, the head of the bear is very nice, as are its paws.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thank you Andreas and Roger!

Roger, I agree with you about the concept of the bird of prey series. I wish they do something like that again (not necessarily a bird of prey series, but something like it -- it's a great idea).

For me, the main thing that is slightly off-putting about the Moon Bear figure is that it is two separate pieces glued together. And somehow, you can tell right away. The head and arms are glued on to the trunk and legs. You can see the line that runs from armpit to armpit.

But still, the head of the bear is very nice, as are its paws.

Scott, I really also noticed the lines on bear because they are clearly visible in my figure. Sad
About the series I believe Schleich is actually building a kind of birds of prey series but merged in wildlife. They started when they replaced the old bald eagle with spreed wings, gave them a nest with chicks, added a 2nd generation of the peregrine falcon, a snowy owl and this year the griffon vulture. I don't know if they will continue with that strategy but I hope so. The biggest difference is that except the owl, all others have spreed wings. study

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:04 pm

GLORIOUS, Scott cheers

carlysulli

Country/State : United States, North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:36 pm

Beautiful figures! I love the giraffe! Very Happy

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:58 am

Lovely additions and absolutely wonderful photos! sunny sunny Thank You for sharing! And congratulations Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:06 am

They are super dooper additions Scott, congratulations, especially on the condor! I like the old schleich birds, they were so great - most of the new ones have thier wings open.,which I don't really like, but I guess it's more interesting for kids.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Great new additions scott! And thanks for the pics, now I need a few of those myself!
Back to top Go down
Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Congrats Scott! Great additions! cheers

You got lucky with your Bully giraffe! I waited so long for this figure and when I did get mine (also from TGF Toys) she has two large black DOTS on her side.

I was disappointed....but that's the risk of buying online.

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Thank you Roger, Susanne, Carly, Anna, Harriet, Paige, and Kristie! I really appreciate all your comments.

Harriet, I agree about the wings. I like that the Snowy Owl's wings are closed. I wish Schleich had done that with the Peregrine Falcon too. (CollectA did and that is a very nice figure).

Kristie, I'm sorry to hear about the marks on your giraffe! That stinks. I've had that happen too, buying online. That's when I remember that most people are buying these for kids and so they are taking care to send pristine copies. (Even though that doesn't make sense, since when I was a kid, I didn't want defective toys then either.)

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:43 am

I finally got myself the old Schleich Warthog (14145) and I'm really pleased with it. It's a lovely model; more stylized than the newer set. But its head is especially lovely.

Here he is with (just a part of) one of the newer Schleich versions (male or female, I can't recall).

I also picked up the CollectA Skunk (pictured on the right). I like it. But I still like the Mojo Fun Skunk even more (on the left). It's my favorite skunk.

Finally, I received another addition to my Starlux family, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:42 am

Beautyful additions cheers

You surely bring out the beauty in the models, - I have always liked the old warthog better than the newer one, now I see why Very Happy
- even if the newer one is more accurate, the old one has the "it" that I am sure made Schleich the most popular brand in Europe ( the world?)

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:02 am

Congratulations Scott, these are great, I love the warthog very much!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:26 am

Congratulations Scott! Very nice newcomers Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:28 am

Congrats, I like them both but warthog is lovely cheers

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:08 pm

Two more nice figures! I confess I also like little best the Mojo skunk but the CollectA is also very nice! About the warthogs, I never had the old in hands but I think here I like best the newer one which is actually also my favorite warthog and one of the good figures of Schleich from last years. It is only a shame that boar and sow are almost identical. Sleep pig Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:32 pm

Very nice newcomers Scott cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:04 pm

Great newcomers! Every time I see your pics they help me decide if I want a particular figure or not Laughing .
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:13 pm

It is only a shame that boar and sow are almost identical. Sleep pig Very Happy
If you look it the other way - you save some money because of that Wink

carlysulli

Country/State : United States, North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Congrats! Great figures! cheers

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:32 am

It is only a shame that boar and sow are almost identical. Sleep pig Very Happy
If you look it the other way - you save some money because of that Wink

I really do, a single warthog is enough for me. I was only worried because the hungry piglet can mistake them . pig Shocked pale Wink

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:31 am

Thank you everybody! Susanne, Harriet, Anna, Roger, Robert, Andreas, Paige, and Carly, it's great to read all your comments.

I have always liked the old warthog better than the newer one, now I see why Very Happy
- even if the newer one is more accurate, the old one has the "it" that I am sure made Schleich the most popular brand in Europe ( the world?)

I agree Susanne. Sometimes I feel like we can explain what we like about a particular figure, but most of the time, when it comes to Schleich, there's nothing more to say than a model has that special "it" factor. This warthog is a good example for me.

Two more nice figures! I confess I also like little best the Mojo skunk but the CollectA is also very nice! About the warthogs, I never had the old in hands but I think here I like best the newer one which is actually also my favorite warthog and one of the good figures of Schleich from last years. It is only a shame that boar and sow are almost identical. Sleep pig Very Happy

I was noticing that today Roger: the boar and the sow are barely discernible! (You have to turn them upside down to figure out which one is which and other than a faint head-tilt, that's the only difference. ( :) ) But regardless, the newer warthogs are very realistic. They are lovely models.

I agree about that collectA skunk too. It is a great model.

Great newcomers! Every time I see your pics they help me decide if I want a particular figure or not Laughing .
That is so nice of you to say Paige! Thank you so much for your kind comments, both here and about the Papo ducks. sunny Very Happy

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Some new additions with which I'm particularly pleased. No biggie.

First, an awesome Jack Russell Terrier by Breyer. I have only two dogs by Breyer, but they are both excellent. I hope to get more. (Next is the Beagle I think.)

The 2013 Schleich Beaver (which is, I think, a bit more impressive in pictures than in person).

And the Hippopotamus (I posted pictures of this model elsewhere, but I like this shot of it):

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Today at 3:02 am

Back to top Go down

Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next