Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:50 pm

Schleich always arrive in Portugal 2nd or 3rd week of January but this year I hasn't see them yet. I am also not in a hurry. Even I'll get only few of them I always enjoy to see them all in real. Maybe I'll have a good surprise as it happened with 2011 kudu, now retired. Very Happy
One of the figures I'm curious is exactly the beaver, it doesn't have the usual Schleich style, actually the body is very massive when compared with the head in opposition to most Schleich figures. However, when I see only the head, I can't see clearly that it is a beaver. Maybe fault is mine and I change my opinion in real. Very Happy
About Breyer, I have some stable mates and a traditional donkey. All of them I find very well sculpted. The proportions are very good in all figures I have. They only don't have the special manufacturing touch that we appreciate in most of major brands like Schleich. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:32 am

Once again great additions Scott! I love the breyer dogs, I don't have any, but if given the chance would take any of them in a heart beat. Great pics of your great new models. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:02 am

Thanks Roger and Paige!

I should have added some comparison pics of the Beaver. So I'm copying the original post and adding them here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

First, an awesome Jack Russell Terrier by Breyer. I have only two dogs by Breyer, but they are both excellent. I hope to get more. (Next is the Beagle I think.)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The 2013 Schleich Beaver (which is, I think, a bit more impressive in pictures than in person).

And the Hippopotamus (I posted pictures of this model elsewhere, but I like this shot of it):

Schleich vs Schleich

Schleich, Mojo, and CollectA

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:43 am

Very wonderful newcomers again Scott cheers Sad(o)): cheers Sad(o)):

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:48 am

Great additions Scott! And thank You for comparison photos Very Happy Funny but Schleich new beaver looks like young one compared to old Schleich Very Happy Nice family and they look very nice also with Mojo one Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:18 pm

I think it's the first time I see the CollectA beaver here! Thank you for showing them together, now the search for the CollectA Beaver begins! Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:33 pm

Scott, thanks for comparison pictures with beavers! Very Happy All of them are nice, these little figures are always very welcome. Though, I promised myself to save some money with them once I have enough already! Laughing
I think Mojo and previous Schleich captured better the animal, they also have some life what is not apparently true for new Schleich beaver. Now I am starting to like the old Schleich but I can't forget what I promised to myself. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:46 am

As i was much to long from this forum, i missed so much! Shocked
So many newcomers Scott, fantastic! cheers
Nice pictures to, i am sure you have a good camera, and what are you using for the background on the pics? question

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:12 am

Thanks all for the kind comments!

Hi Willy! I use construction paper for the background in my pictures--the type of paper one uses for crafts that comes in many different colors.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:16 am

Congratulation Scott Very Happy Thank you for the comparison pics of the beavers. I read all the comments and I ask myself why I like this 2013 beaver on your pics. My complaint n°1 about SCHLEICH models is the wrong proportions so, like the last kudu and Cape buffalo, I appreciate the changes on this beaver. Nevertheless, I will not break my rule: Never buy a SCHLEICH online Laughing

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:56 pm

I agree Christophe, I really like this new Beaver by Schleich.

That's good advice about buying Schleich; I so often get figures by schleich and wish I had seen it in person first.
Back to top Go down
GoldEagle

Country/State : United States/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:26 pm

Very lovely addition you have there Scott!! I especially love your good taste in birds Very Happy
The puma you shared on the first page is certainly a beauty, perhaps I'll have to search him even though I don't collect cats
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:38 am

Congrats Scott! I love the hippo!!

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:26 pm

A belated thank you to Ken and GoldenEagle: Thank you for your comments!

Here is one of the latest additions to my collection, the Female Nyala sculpted and painted by Harriet. Others have of course posted fantastic photos of this piece, so I'm certainly not sharing anything new. But I'm so ridiculously happy with this figure, I felt the need to share a photo of my copy of the figure on this thread.

On at least two other threads, I, and others, have already sung the Nyala's praises. Whatever has been said about it is not enough. Truly. I was astounded when I first saw photos of the model. But seeing it in person, I was (if possible) even more impressed by the workmanship; the details, the accuracy, the paintwork, the pose, and the raw beauty of this model are really more I'm capable of describing. This is easily the prize of my collection. I'm so happy to have it and I'm really looking forward to Anna's male Nyala as well. This was a wonderful project that Harriet and Anna undertook. Huge thanks go to them both.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:50 pm

Big congratulation Lucky Scott, you have indeed a fantastic jewel on your shelves drunken Sad(o)):

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Congratulations Scott for this wonderful antelope cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Congrats Scott! It is exciting to read your impressions about the figure. Very Happy It is surely a masterpiece. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:49 pm

Thanks Scott flower flower cheers I'm really happy you like her cheers
Congatulations on your other additions, I like the breyer Jack Russell alot!!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:00 am

Some recent additions.

This Britains Gaur I fell in love with after Chris posted [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of it.

Thank you Scott for this acknowledgement.

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:02 am

Scott, your additions listed here make for an amazing collection in their own right. Very Happy

They are all fabulous! cheers

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:35 pm

Congrats Scott!
I heard about the project, but didn't saw the models yet!
To quality, as we are used from these girls nowerdays, and before to by the way! cheers

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:11 pm

A belated thank you to Ken and GoldenEagle: Thank you for your comments!

Here is one of the latest additions to my collection, the Female Nyala sculpted and painted by Harriet. Others have of course posted fantastic photos of this piece, so I'm certainly not sharing anything new. But I'm so ridiculously happy with this figure, I felt the need to share a photo of my copy of the figure on this thread.

On at least two other threads, I, and others, have already sung the Nyala's praises. Whatever has been said about it is not enough. Truly. I was astounded when I first saw photos of the model. But seeing it in person, I was (if possible) even more impressed by the workmanship; the details, the accuracy, the paintwork, the pose, and the raw beauty of this model are really more I'm capable of describing. This is easily the prize of my collection. I'm so happy to have it and I'm really looking forward to Anna's male Nyala as well. This was a wonderful project that Harriet and Anna undertook. Huge thanks go to them both.

that is a beautiful figure scott. you have one of the best collection in STS. Sad(o)):
(and you're a nice guy too cheers )
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Thank you Christophe, Andreas, Roger, Harriet, Chris, Willy, and Sauroid for all your comments! I'm very happy about the Nyala!

that is a beautiful figure scott. you have one of the best collection in STS. Sad(o)):
(and you're a nice guy too cheers )

Thank you Sauroid! Your comments are so kind!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Gosh, you all make me so jealous! Just kidding, but this is a great work of art and looks like its actually real. Congrats on your wonderful new figure.

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:14 pm

Thank you Paige!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)   Today at 9:03 pm

Back to top Go down

Latest Additions and Notables (Sc0tt)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next