Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions

Go down 
+21
SyLoBe
LeeAnn
Dum_my
Geospiza fortis
arafan
JonasV
ulinuk
Wildheart
Philter4
Kikimalou
Roger
Taylcoel
Elros Alvar
Taos
ken yeo
Ana
widukind
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Mastiffcat
paleoferroequine
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

Country/State : USA Missouri

Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions Empty
PostSubject: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 4:43 am

Hi, I'm new here and I wanted to show some of my mammal conversions.
First up is a correction to the CollectA Paraceratherium. All work is with epoxy putty. The four toes are wrong so I changed it to three hooves. Then the neck was slightly shortened along with removing the Joe Camel look by moving the eyes more to the side of the head. More changes included repositiong the ears and some contour work with the head.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This is Bootherium bombifrons or Harlan's muskox, a Pleistocene relative of the tundra musk ox. This is a modified Highland bull.
Pelorovis oldowayensis occurred in sub-Saharan Africa and disappeared 800,000 years ago. The modified head came from a Papo yak on a african buffalo with longer legs.
Stephanorhinus kirchbergensis, Merck's rhino. Modified Safari Indian rhino.
And now for something completely different. A dinosaur. Rubeosaurus ovatus to be exact. This is a massive rebuild of the Papo Pachyrhinosaurus. Something of whimsy I guess since it's doubtful that a dino could do this.  But I think it looks neat and it's one of my favorites.
That's it for now.  I'll post more tomorrow. Enjoy and thank you.
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:14 am

Un-be-liev-a-ble!!!!
Those are awesome! Thanks for sharing, and MORE MORE MORE!

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:09 am

Wow!! I remember these from DTF but they are so amazing! I love the first one and the Pachyrhinosaurus is fantastic cheers Welcome to the forum Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:07 am

They are fabulous cheers
Martien will surely almost have a fit when he sees them Laughing

It is wonderful to see such great models of extinct mammals here. (I always give up finding anything on DTF Embarassed )

I am totally in love with that muskox drunken

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:21 am

Wonderful job!! Absolutly wow!! Congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am

Beautiful, fantastic works! Thank You for sharing! And big congratulations cheers

This time my favorite has to be this superb dino in very unusual pose Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy What a great idea! drunken

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:48 pm

Papo Pachyrhinosaurus really stunning and very sharp photos.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:50 pm

Fantastic models-especially like the Musk Ox!
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:51 pm

The firsth photo is great cheers
The dinosaur scratching their heads is fabulous! affraid
Back to top Go down
Taylcoel

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:54 pm

wow! affraid you have such an amzaing collection, they look sop realistic! cheers cheers

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:33 pm

I'm impressed! What a Face I was already with the paraceratherium but your artistic vein is patent in the dino. cheers
I also love specially the great work you performed transforming a ordinary bull in a woodland musk ox, very beautiful! Very Happy
Curious also your Merck's rhino, I suppose he need some fur? See here this Hausser Elastolin "Indian rhino" from Kikimalou's collection! If we remove the folding... study ... Maybe they wanted to make a Merck's rhino too? scratch Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:01 pm

Welcome here Paleoferroequine cheers Your customs are beautiful Cool

The rubeosaurus is very impressive, as Roger said, we can see how artistic and talented you are with this one Very Happy

I like very much the Merck's rhino too, because it has no furs Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:18 pm

Fantastic job, love the choices of species and your remodels are great, thanks for the photos!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:21 pm

They are great! I've seen some of them on the D.TF

paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Paleo's new custom prehistoric mammals, page 3 Sivatherium giganteum Nov 17 2014   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Haven't shown much for awhile, just busy in the store and stuff. But here are a few new conversions.
First up is
Megacerops kuwagatarhinus  1/35 scale made from Mojo Brontotherium. Lived in North America in late Eocene (38–33.9 mya). 3m tall. Enlarged the zygomatic arches(behind the eyes) which I did on all my brontothere conversions. Also reworked the horns and head position.

Titanotylopus nebraskensis   1/35 scale  endemic to North America from the Miocene through Pleistocene 10.3 mya—300,000 years ago.  Converted from Papo Bactrian camel. 3.5m tall

Indohyus major   1/9 scale. There is an unknown deer in here somewhere. Rolling Eyes

This is an extinct digitigrade artiodactyl known from Eocene fossils in Asia. About 18 inches (45cm) tall. It belongs to the raoellids which may be a sister group to whales (Cetacea). However not all agree, some paleontologists place Indohyus with the group including the entelodonts and Andrewsarchus. Andrewsarchus itself is problematic since only a skull and a few fragments have been recovered and it's appearance is unknown.

Embolotherium grangeri   1/35 scale brontothere that lived in Mongolia during the late Eocene period. Mojo brontotherium. 3m in height.

Last edited by paleoferroequine on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:43 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 10:13 pm

Very nice cheers

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Great job! This girl looks nice also Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 10:43 pm

Ken, it is just great that you decided to show some of your works again. Although those you made from Mojo brontotherium are more impressive and more expectable to see as replicas. I enjoy particularly, as an idea, the Indohyus, just an unusual creature! cheers

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 10:43 pm

I'm not really a fan of prehistoric animals but these look incredible! Shocked

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 11:20 pm

arafan wrote:
I'm not really a fan of prehistoric animals but these look incredible! Shocked
   Well, maybe you should become a fan of these prehistoric mammals! Very Happy
Thank you everybody for the comments. Tomorrow I will post some more.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 12:12 am

Beautiful work. Congrats! Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 12:41 am

Very nice conversions. I'm happy to see your work again. Applause
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 10:35 am

Great customs here Applause Alghouth the Indohyus is more a homemade model than a custom I guess Very Happy

Moooore pics please bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 2:10 pm

Bey beautifull they should offer you a job in a disigner room for schleich papo ore somethin else because its look so great with the nice colors and all Very Happy Wauw

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 2:18 pm

Beautiful remakes! Fascinating creatures indeed. I just love the Indohyus sunny Great works !!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions Empty

Back to top Go down

Paleoferroequine prehistoric mammal conversions
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next