Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions

Go down 
+20
MartinH
pm64
christinavanderschouw
SyLoBe
Sumo
JonasV
Sergey
Taylcoel
Ana
PeGe
STORMnl
TugaHunter
HKHollinstone
scot(t)
Kikimalou
Philter4
Roger
Mastiffcat
SUSANNE
paleoferroequine
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

Country/State : USA Missouri

Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions Empty
PostSubject: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:56 pm

These are some more Papo Pachyrhinosaurus conversions that I did a while back. A lot of cutting up and epoxy putty on the heads. I've added belly scales to these and Sinoceratops has quills, which may or may not be accurate. I have about twenty five more conversions, mostly prehistoric mammals. What do people think I should do, show them all in this thread or break them up into separate threads of 4 or 5 or 6? Well, thanks for looking.

First up is Sinoceratops zhuchengensis-Upper Cretaceous Wangshi Group of Zhucheng, Shandong Province, China.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Medusaceratops lokii a chasmosaurine ceratopsian from the Judith River Formation, Montana, 77.5 million years ago

Einiosaurus procurvicornis-Upper Cretaceous Campanian stage of northwestern Montana

Centrosaurus brinkmani-Upper Cretaceous Campanian stage upper Oldman Formation of Alberta, Canada.

Albertaceratops nesmoi- Upper Cretaceous middle Campanian stage Oldman Formation of Alberta, Canada.

Last edited by paleoferroequine on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:46 pm

WOW! WOW! and more WOW !!!! affraid

They are fabulous ! GORGEOUS !!! cheers

I would LOVE to see more here in this thread, so I can scroll up and down and enjoy them in the same thread Very Happy

Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 1:52 am

drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 2:14 am

They are spectacular, artistic, original, fantastic! thanks for showing, you can continue posting here as Susanne suggested! Important is to see more magnificent works from you! cheers

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 3:22 am

Those are incredable, thanks so much for sharing the pictures!!! Most definitely PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE show your prehistoric mammals. I would love to do a prehistoric mammal dio but I have so many ideas I can't do them all and since extant plants are what I have references for that is what I work on.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:56 am

Thanks everybody, I'm happy to share these.

Purussaurus brasiliensis South American caiman, 12 meter long. Lived in Brazil, Peru 12 mya during Miocene. Made from Safari Incredible Creatures Saltwater Crocodile

This Iguanodon was sculpted by me with Sculpey polymer clay. 1/18 scale.

Tetrameryx-an antilocaprid related to proghorns, from Pleistocene 1.8 million years ago until about 11,000 years ago. Known from the southwestern US and from Mexico. Converted from Safai proghorn to running mode and new horns.

Ampelomeryx ginsburgi- family Palaeomerycidae from Miocene west Europe.

Arctodus simus- Giant short face bear. Pleistocene ~3.0 Ma.—11,000 years ago. Claw marks reaching heights of up to 5 m (16 ft) on the cave walls have been found at Riverbluff Cave, Missouri. Constructed from shortened Polar bear body and modified Brown bear head.

It's late, so that's it for now, I need to take more photos. See you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:23 am

paleoferroequine wrote:
What do people think I should do, show them all in this thread or break them up into separate threads of 4 or 5 or 6? Well, thanks for looking.

Hats off cheers Cool , Your customs and pics are really fabulous drunken It's incredible to see so much variation of the PAPOchyrhino Shocked I like also the poetry of your basis.

About the number of topics, I would like two things : As Susanne and Roger suggested you should continue on this topic so we could see your whole customs collection and your new realisation easily.

But I would also like to see separate topics with walkaround review of your favorite ones because one pic of each is not enough, I'm thirsty Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:27 am

These are really lovely! Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:42 am

Your models are incredible !!!! affraid

Imagine, you can even make an iguanodon exiting, - SO much detail, even claw marks on his thigh !

That Ampelomeryx, - it is so beautyful !
Like Kiki says, - there is poetry in your pictures and models, - poetry from ancient times drunken

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:05 am

*gasp* the Iguanodon is stunning! I love your paintwork and detail, fantastic cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:33 pm

I'm back this morning . Very Happy Appreciate the comments, criticism is also welcome since I always need to improve and I never take offense! Laughing

Hyaenodon gigas Made from, surprise!... a Safari hyaena, reworked the body shape, added fifth toe to feet and made a new head. H. gigas was from Late Eocene and Early Oligocene of Asia.

Kypteceras amatorum-family Protoceratidae, endemic to southeastern North America from the Miocene to Early Pliocene epoch 23.03—3.6 Mya. I think from a Safari pronghorn. question

Giraffokeryx punnjabiensis -primitive giraffid that lived in the Miocene age around 27 million years ago in Asia, Europe, and Africa. Converted from Schleich okapi

Barbourofelis fricki-family Barbourofelidae (false saber-tooth cats). The genus was endemic to North America during the Miocene, living from 13.6—5.3 Ma and existing for approximately 8.3 million years. B. fricki was a lion sized nimravid which were examples of convergent evolution to felines which these were not. Possibility that these in fact had common ancestors with dogs has been theorized !! Much like haeynas could possibly be considered cats trying to be dogs, nimravids were dogs trying to be cats!! Rolling Eyes Jaguar body with modified cheetah head.

Cervalces latifrons-Pleistocene from Eurasia, largest deer known to have ever existed, standing more than 2.1 meters tall at the shoulders. Papo moose and new head/antlers.
Back to top Go down
TugaHunter

TugaHunter

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:22 pm

MOTHER OF ANIMAL REPLICAS affraid
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:09 pm

this are must haves,,indeed

very very nice models,,
a must have for every prehistoric mammal collector

martien

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:47 pm

Another installment. Very Happy

Barylambda faberi-pantodont mammal from the middle to late Paleocene. Started life as a black bear.

Megaloceros giganteus-Also known as the Irish Elk (not an elk but a giant deer) Eurasia, from Ireland to east of Lake Baikal, during the Late Pleistocene. Papo stag conversion.

Megacerops coloradensis- family Brontotheriidae endemic to North America during the Late Eocene epoch (38–33.9 mya), existing for approximately 4.1 million years. Not related to modern rhinos. Used to be known as Brontotherium and Brontops. Papo black rhino conversion. Moved eyes, re sculpted head and 4 hooves on front feet.

Coelodonta antiquitatis-The woolly rhinoceros. Common throughout Europe and northern Asia during the Pleistocene. Schleich black rhino.

Deinotherium-Middle Miocene and continued until the Early Pleistocene. Europe, Africa and India. Safari Indian elephant.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].jpg[/IMG]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:31 pm

Thank you very much again for sharing !

I bought a few weeks ago a PAPO red deer to make a megaloceros during holidays and didn't find enough time Sleep

I will try to do one before 2013 Wink

Back to top Go down
TugaHunter

TugaHunter

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:54 pm

paleoferroequine wrote:
Another installment. Very Happy

Barylambda faberi-pantodont mammal from the middle to late Paleocene. Started life as a black bear.

Megaloceros giganteus-Also known as the Irish Elk (not an elk but a giant deer) Eurasia, from Ireland to east of Lake Baikal, during the Late Pleistocene. Papo stag conversion.

Megacerops coloradensis- family Brontotheriidae endemic to North America during the Late Eocene epoch (38–33.9 mya), existing for approximately 4.1 million years. Not related to modern rhinos. Used to be known as Brontotherium and Brontops. Papo black rhino conversion. Moved eyes, re sculpted head and 4 hooves on front feet.

Coelodonta antiquitatis-The woolly rhinoceros. Common throughout Europe and northern Asia during the Pleistocene. Schleich black rhino.

Deinotherium-Middle Miocene and continued until the Early Pleistocene. Europe, Africa and India. Safari Indian elephant.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].jpg[/IMG]

WOW! Those are amazing, if I'm right, isn't Megaloceros the largest deer that ever existed (till now)?
And the Coelodonta antiquitatis becomed one of my favorite extincted mammals (tough I have many, many favorites).
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:50 am

Visiting this topic is like to visit a fantastic Natural History Museum, so many nice and extraordinary creatures and so nicely done. It is obvious that your talent is supreme and again I must confess that I'm invaded for your artistic sensibility! Shocked affraid
The details, the bases, the poses and even the pictures and light! cheers
Barylambda is completely unknown for me, the figure is spectacular now I need to read some more about the order. study Thanks!!!

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:31 am

Well, I'm glad people enjoy these, I also enjoy making them. Wish I had more time. Yeah, Barylambda isn't that well known but there so many Paleocene mammals I want to do, it's not at all well represented in figures. Now to continue with more. :)

Elasmotherium sibiricum- giant rhinoceros from Eurasia during the Late Pliocene through the Pleistocene, documented from 2.6 Ma to as late as 50,000 years ago. This was another Papo black rhino conversion.

Libralces gallicus-genus of Eurasian deer that lived during the Pliocene period.

Embolotherium andrewsi- genus of brontothere that lived in Mongolia during the late Eocene period. Safari white rhino was the basis, head was re sculpted and some conjectural hair was added and again four toes on the front feet.

Primelephas gompotheroides-existed during the Miocene and Pliocene epochs. These primitive elephantids are hypothesised to be the common ancestor of Mammuthus, the mammoths, and the closely allied genera Elephas and Loxodonta, the African and Eurasian elephants, diverging some four to six million years ago.

Teleoceras major-grazing rhinoceros that lived in North America during the Miocene epoch, which ended about 5.3 million years ago, all the way to the early Pliocene epoch. Mash up of hippo and rhino parts.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:56 am

Congratulation again, I enjoy seeing all those ancient mammals bring back to life.

What is your future custom ? Could you take pics and share a making of, it could be very interesting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:04 am

wow amazing

they are all must haves,,
you are a master in costom mammals,

incredible

martien

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:56 pm

....you rock!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:38 pm

Great works!!! cheers cheers Congratulations! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Taylcoel

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:41 pm

congrats, also very nice work, you are very talented in customizing! cheers cheers Very Happy

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:53 pm

exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:47 pm

An elasmotherium! I like that creature! I don't know why modern brands don't make them. They are impressive. I don't believe the huge size or huge horn are good excuses. Well, you have a beautiful one as there are other figures! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions Empty

Back to top Go down

Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next