Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions

Go down 
+20
MartinH
pm64
christinavanderschouw
SyLoBe
Sumo
JonasV
Sergey
Taylcoel
Ana
PeGe
STORMnl
TugaHunter
HKHollinstone
scot(t)
Kikimalou
Philter4
Roger
Mastiffcat
SUSANNE
paleoferroequine
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:53 pm

paleoferroequine wrote:
Another installment. Very Happy

Barylambda faberi-pantodont mammal from the middle to late Paleocene. Started life as a black bear.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...What was a brand of black bear? I did,nt identify... scratch

PS BTW - and what is your real name Master? :)

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Wow! Very nice work! Congrats! cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 pm

These are so awesome! cheers You have a real eye for seeing the potential in these models, and you manage to make them look so natural. So what's next? Any borhyaenidae or toxodonts in the works? Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

Country/State : USA Missouri

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Sergey wrote:
paleoferroequine wrote:
Another installment. Very Happy

Barylambda faberi-pantodont mammal from the middle to late Paleocene. Started life as a black bear.

...What was a brand of black bear? I did,nt identify... scratch

PS BTW - and what is your real name Master? :)

It's the old Safari black bear now retired but still available. I selected it because of the leg proportions which were wrong for a bear but a closer match for the Barylambda. I plan to do things like toxodon, various deer maybe marsupials. Main problem is time.
My name is Ken Trossen from Rolla, Missouri USA

A few more.

Homotherium serum-Lion sized , occurred from the latest Pliocene until the latest Pleistocene. Remains have been found at various sites between Alaska and Texas. This is the CollectA lioness with alterations to the leg proportions and added fur. The head was narrowed and the jaws lengthened and re sculpt of fur on the face.

Muskox Ovibos moschatus-Pleistocene period to Holocene. Papo yak body with modified Schleich African buffalo head.
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:52 pm

They are stunning!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
christinavanderschouw

christinavanderschouw

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:00 pm

wow, they are absolutely beautifull. I mostly love the ancient deers!!! I've always admired them!!!

Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:19 pm

amazing Ken,,wel done

all are must haves

Martien

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Golly Shocked Shocked Shocked
This is awesome Shocked

Those models are just so fantastic !!!!

And thankyou for taking the time to describe both the animals and what you made them from , it is very, very interesting as well as beautyful to see sunny flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:07 am

Two more wonderful works! Very Happy
So you have a woodland muskox and a tundra muskox, I'm glad not all of them are extinct! :)
The CollectA lioness has a somewhat prehistoric looking, curious seeing that you and Robert used this mold. study

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:43 am

Roger wrote:
Two more wonderful works! Very Happy
So you have a woodland muskox and a tundra muskox, I'm glad not all of them are extinct! :)
The CollectA lioness has a somewhat prehistoric looking, curious seeing that you and Robert used this mold. study
Yes, I was surprised to see his also. I guess we think alike. Very Happy
For now here are the last of my conversions Crying or Very sad

Syncerus(Pelorovis) antiquus-disappeared around 12,000 years ago from southern and eastern Africa.Close reletiave of modern African buffalo. These were made from Papo, CollectA and Safari African buffalos.

Stegotetrabelodon-extinct genus of elephant or gomphothere from N. Africa and Arabia. Lived around 6-8 million years ago at the end of the Miocene period Converted from Ambelodon.

Sinomegaceros pachyosteus- giant chinese deer from the pleistocene of northern china. this giant deer became extinct 11,500 years ago. it has cousins distributed throughout eurasia, including china and japan. Not sure what deer I made this from. Rolling Eyes -edit- Ah, it's a Schleich Red deer figure, guess it's retired, too bad!

Stegodon-Stegodonts were present from 11.6 mya to 4,100 years ago. They lived in large parts of Asia during the Pliocene and Pleistocene, and locally in Indonesia into the Holocene epoch. From Safari Ambelodon.

Livyatan melvillei- extinct species of physeteroid whale, which lived during the Miocene epoch, approximately 12-13 million years ago.Measured 13.5 to 17.5 metres. L. melvillei would have been a top predator of its time along with the giant shark, C. megalodon, which was contemporaneous with L. melvillei in the same region. A new head was made for the Schleich sperm whale and since the species was named for Herman Melville, I painted it as an albino in honor of the real life Mocha Dick, the inspiration for Moby Dick.

THE END.

Last edited by paleoferroequine on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:24 am

Quite an impressive range of species, and the remodelling is wonderful!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:11 am

WOW. amazing. remodels. really amazing!
Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Dear Ken,

you are a great artist indeed and thanks for letting us know various species, to me unknown, and others very far away in my memories( I remember a very old drawing of BARILAMBDA and TELEOCERAS ), simply great! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:56 pm

amazing those new models

martien

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Wow!! This is yust AMAZING!!! Shocked
I love your Muskox!!!

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:20 pm

I've read about your Czech link! Laughing
It is great the way you used the 3 different poses of the buffalos to make a fantastic trio of prehitoric cattle. I also don't remember seeing these antlers before in my unexpertised readings about prehistoric creatures. I think it is the recently retired Schleich red deer, isn't it? scratch
I see your preference for impressive creatures but seeing a whale I'll suggest the very known ambulocetos, if you have time of course. That's a very important link in whales evolution what turns the creature very interesting. I hope the end was only a question of time and that we will have the chance of seeing more wonderful works from you. Preferrably if you can share with us all the process as Christophe suggested. It stimulates other members to start making their customs as it is also useful for those that are already more or less used with it. Very Happy

STORMnl

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:57 pm

as Roger said

Preferrably if you can share with us all the process as Christophe suggested. It stimulates other members to start making their customs as it is also useful for those that are already more or less used with it.

yes that woud be an intresting serie
i like to see how you made those great mammals

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:17 pm

wow, very nice models with great poses, very realistic!!! affraid affraid cheers Very Happy

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:30 pm

I am completely baffled with how realistic they are! These figures are incredible! Great work and keep them coming! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:13 pm

A big, big thanks from everyone, I appreciate it. Very Happy
And now, for something completely ....uh..well, I give up?? affraid It's what happens when there is too little sleep!! No, actually it's way I am normally. Really! Very Happy Very Happy

Frankentherium chimerii- Size ranged from 10 cm to three meters in height, lived in area covering modern Pottsylvania and Moronica. Early Paleocene to Holocene, it survived until the advent of modern human civilization whereupon it promptly disappeared in a puff of logic! clown
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:55 pm

lol! Wink
Some criativity is always welcome! With so many parts left from other figures I think you did well making your own Paleonthology project! The only thing that scares me is that brands are very imamginative, mainly Schleich and Papo, and they start using parts of animals to make a puzzletherium or so. Is it a Schleich grizzly with Papo moose antlers and a trunk? Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:57 pm

cheers bounce drunken cheers bounce drunken cheers bounce drunken cheers bounce drunken cheers bounce drunken
My favorite ever cheers It si not extinxt, no no no Very Happy , Willy told me he saw it several time late at night. It seems it is acclimated to bar and pub and have a very nocturnal life Laughing

Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:55 pm

haha

we found a new prehistoric mammal

martien

Country/State : PA, US

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:21 pm

paleoferroequine wrote:
[i]
Nice work. I have been waiting for him since the beginning of the thread. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:29 am

I love your work! Such talent you have to create these cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions   Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Paleoferroequine's ceratopsian/prehistoric mammal conversions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next