Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breyer horses are like potato chips ...

Go down 
+39
FluffySlipers
Anne from Norway
Jetty
Wilorvise
OptiSailor
LeeAnn
Tarunyada
widukind
SUSANNE
Roger
Night Elf
googie212
costicuba
Bloodrayne
sadie3112
AlphaMareArt
sortepletter
Shanti
NightLioness
ulinuk
Dum_my
Carola
JonasV
MartinH
Cyhyraeth
SyLoBe
Silver Unicornis
lucky luke
Sumo
Kikimalou
ken yeo
landrover
baltimore zoo
HKHollinstone
pipi6
Saarlooswolfhound
Mastiffcat
Elros Alvar
Ana
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

horses - Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   horses - Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 16 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 2:44 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   horses - Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 16 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 3:59 pm

The foal looks really "Appy"! Wink Mare is very beautiful, congratulations! Very Happy

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   horses - Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 16 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 7:27 pm

Thank you, friends! Btw. there were two parcels yesterday. In the second box was one of these "I always wanted it, but will probably never get it". What shall I say - I got it bounce
Ta-daa: Breyer Ringmaster special edition for Breyerfest 2006
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   horses - Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 16 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 7:53 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   horses - Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 16 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Beautiful model. I have the same mold but it's the main character off of the kids movie Spirit.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   horses - Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 16 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 2:36 am

Oh wow! I always loved Ringmaster I love you Just never got around to buying one since he's not the best halter shower and we don't have a lot of collectability classes around here Sad

Funny story, once I was judging a Novice division at a show and one of the kids had a Ringmaster in the paint class (it's amazing the rare/special models you see in Novice nowadays...). Of course, I didn't pin him, there were maybe 15 or so horses in the class, with molds like Roxy, Latigo, Wyatt, Lady Phase, etc.

I always encourage my Novice showers to ask questions and I will gladly tell them what they can do to help their horse place better in the next show, explain why the horse placed as it did, offer a new breed assignment, etc. Heck, it's not uncommon I wait for the owner to pick up their horse and talk to them privately, or call up all the entrants to the ring and go over how the class pinned. As long as everyone is nice and doesn't try to fight with me then I'm glad to help. However, after I called the next class, the mother of the entrant (a young boy, maybe 10 or 11?) stormed up to me with her kid and the model and flipped out on me over not pinning their Ringmaster. I gently explained that the mold was based on a cartoon and that it wasn't very realistic, especially compared to what else was on the table. She kinda just stormed off in a huff and that was that. Looks like a case of "mommy's expensive horsie didn't pin and kiddo is showing her horses" if I've ever seen one! Rolling Eyes

Since that incident I haven't been so quick to offer assistance, especially at that particular show. Most (not trying to paint everyone with the same brush here but most really are that bad) are extremely entitled and stuck up. Sad to see that in today's youth in the hobby, it seems like there are so few that know their manners anymore.

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   horses - Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi LeeAnn,
wow that was really rude! I took part in only one model horse show so far and won nothing, but I'd never get all nasty to the judge. I just decided not to go anymore - been there, done that.
But as there were no pictures for a long time, I took one of my Pony of the Americas-Conga

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   horses - Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 7:25 pm

What a Face What a beautiful collection! cheers
Back to top Go down
Drakulka

Drakulka

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   horses - Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 16 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 8:54 am

I'm so very behind on your collection! I should probably go back to the beginning of the post and re-read it again! But from what I see on this page - WOW! Congrats on great additions. I love the PS Morgan Earl Grey. I have him as well and he's a lovely boy!
Also, fantastic congas! :O

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breyer horses are like potato chips ...   horses - Breyer horses are like potato chips ... - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Breyer horses are like potato chips ...
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16