Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Britains and Invicta collections

Go down 
+2
widukind
Ian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian

Ian

Country/State : Canberra, Australia

My Britains and Invicta collections Empty
PostSubject: My Britains and Invicta collections   My Britains and Invicta collections EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 8:55 am

Hi everyone!

My introductory post under 'Welcome on STS forum !' shows my best animal models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

After taking the models out for those photos they're all back in position in my wall unit, as shown below (with my shell collection, on the bottom shelf). To quote my favourite German expression, 'alles ist in Ordnung' - 'everything is in order'!

Cheers Very Happy

Ian

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Britains and Invicta collections   My Britains and Invicta collections EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Nice collection!! Congratulations Ian!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Britains and Invicta collections   My Britains and Invicta collections EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 12:48 pm

GREAT collection cheers

I like Britains very much, and I LOVE the museum- dinoes .

And your shell collection is awesome, - WOW
Ohh, to be able to touch them !
And some of them even have grown little frogs Wink Very Happy

Thankyou for sharing flower

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My Britains and Invicta collections   My Britains and Invicta collections EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 1:01 pm

Nice collection!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: My Britains and Invicta collections   My Britains and Invicta collections EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 1:06 pm

Great collection! Congratulations! cheers cheers
You have some best models from Britains, I see gaur bull, Sable antelope, springbok, running rhino, zebra and panda, I think they are very lovely Very Happy Do You have Your very favorite?

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
ken yeo

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: My Britains and Invicta collections   My Britains and Invicta collections EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 4:55 pm

Is Britain and Invicta in scale?

Thanks
Ken

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My Britains and Invicta collections   My Britains and Invicta collections EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 5:13 pm

wow! nice collection, how long did it take you to colelct all those?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
Ian

Ian

Country/State : Canberra, Australia

PostSubject: Re: My Britains and Invicta collections   My Britains and Invicta collections EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
GREAT collection cheers

I like Britains very much, and I LOVE the museum- dinoes .

And your shell collection is awesome, - WOW
Ohh, to be able to touch them !
And some of them even have grown little frogs Wink Very Happy

Thankyou for sharing flower
Hi Susanne - I was wondering if anyone would notice the frogs - well spotted! To me they look a lot like frogs on Christophe's website. I don't know my frogs' brand - they're just marked 'W.N. Made in China'.

ana wrote:
Great collection! Congratulations! cheers cheers
You have some best models from Britains, I see gaur bull, Sable antelope, springbok, running rhino, zebra and panda, I think they are very lovely Very Happy Do You have Your very favorite?
Hi Ana - hmmm, it's hard to choose... - I guess it's a toss-up between the black rhino and the big hippo - they're both very impressive and they balance each other nicely.

ken yeo wrote:
Is Britain and Invicta in scale?

Thanks
Ken
Hi Ken - No, they're not in scale. The Britains models are 1:32, according to Rogério's reply to my introductory post (thanks Rogério!) and other sources on the Internet. The Invicta models were advertised as 1:45 but according to some collectors they were actually about 1:55 to 1:65. (If my sources were wrong I'm happy to be corrected by any of the experts on this forum!)

Taylcoel wrote:
wow! nice collection, how long did it take you to colelct all those?
Hi Coel - I collected them over a long period but without much effort. Whenever I saw a Britains model in very good condition at a garage sale or 'Trash-n-Treasure' market I would buy it. Many of them I bought in one visit to Hamley's toy shop in London in 1991. The rest are just from my childhood collection. Even when I was about six or seven I was attracted to good quality, realistic animal models.

This is so cool, having people appreciate my animal models! I'm used to visitors to my house saying things like "Why do you have toys in your wall unit?" To me they've always been like little sculptures, of my favourite artistic subject! cheers cheers cheers

Ian Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: My Britains and Invicta collections   My Britains and Invicta collections EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Thanks Ian!

PostSubject: Re: My Britains and Invicta collections   My Britains and Invicta collections Empty

Back to top Go down

My Britains and Invicta collections
Page 1 of 1