Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Modern companies Sculptors

Go down 
+3
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
Cyhyraeth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

Modern companies Sculptors Empty
PostSubject: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:32 am

Do you know who are the sculptors that work for Schleich-like brands (Schlich, Bullyland, Safari Ltd, Papo, CollectA, etc)?
I failed to find this info:(

I know that some equines (esp LE) were made by D. McDermott (CollectA), B.Eberl (Bullyland), and few Safari WC figures were sculptured by K.Moody.
But what about the regular runs? Who made all this well known and loved figures?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:38 am

I would also like to know cheers

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:45 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
I would also like to know cheers
Me too!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Famous equine artists in the world of Schleich-like figures   Modern companies Sculptors EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 7:53 pm

There's an interesting tendency in the last few years, I think.
Many equine artists, well known in the world of model horse collectors, begin to sculpt sth for the brands like CollectA, Bullyland, etc.
I believe the first one was K.Moody with her figures for Safari Ltd (but they were regular run). Than we got an equine line from D.McDermott, produced exclusively for CollectA. And now- the second MPV Special Edition figure from B.Eberl (and I hope not the last).

What do you think, should we expect other famous and loved equine artists sculpt sth for Schleich-like brands? And will Schleich themselves ever ask some model horse artist to do any figure for them?

Whose works would you like to see in Special Editions or maybe even regular runs from Schleich, Papo, Safari, etc?

I hope that some day Lynn Fraley, Debbi LerMond and Sarah Mink, Kathi Bogucki would make sth for those brands:)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:16 pm

I think Papo should do this with their horses... They are not so good as Schleich horses.

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 9:43 pm

I personally think that horses series need dedicated sculptors. The differences between breeds are sometimes so subtile that a not equine sculptor can have some troubles to find the correct shape, unless this sculptor is only dedicated to that line and has a lot of time to study them.
We have recently a very good experience, Ana Dobrowolska, even not being a typiccal equine sculptress, gave a fantastic contribute to Mojo Fun line. I only have the Fjord and Appaloosa, and I don't need to be an expert to see that they are much better sculpted than Schleich relatives. The 2 special editions from Bullyland are superb in my opinion and, enjoying or not the style, interest around CollectA horses, increased a lot when Deborah started sculpting them. :)
I think Schleich is a very specific brand, they are more interested in finding a good looking horse figure, with a good dose of cuteness to get the ennthusiasm of those that are finding a horse without caring with what a breed should look like. I understand it, is a brand that wants to be as popular and profitable as Lego or Playmobile, anyway, it would be much more prestigious to introduce special editions with realistic sculptings from famous equine sculptors than repainting molds that we find in regular series. Of course it would be more expensive for the brand but a brand is not only made of money, prestige and quality are also needed.
Papo give us a completely different line, more interested in giving character and introducing a wide range of poses. Still not enough accurate, but Papo should concentrate their efforts in a better manofacturing quality first, although the improvement in last years is evident at this point.
Honestly, I'd loved to see some of the talented artists of this forum working for brands but I am afraid that the cute formula is preferred among toy companies! :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Schelich did it around the turn of the century with the " Artist horses" by Ingo Koblischek Very Happy

Let`s hope they will do something similar again cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 11:51 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Schelich did it around the turn of the century with the " Artist horses" by Ingo Koblischek Very Happy

Let`s hope they will do something similar again cheers

Yes, lets hope! bounce
It was when Schleich was a family brand, made with love. Aren't these really special editions? Wasn't it respectful to collectors? Now the main owners are a kind of capital investment company, using the strong name the brand won while a family company, where the rules are: produce cheap and sell expensive! Sad Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:21 am

MartinH wrote:
I think Papo should do this with their horses... They are not so good as Schleich horses.

I don`t agree. scratch
They are different, yes, but I think the Papo horses have A LOT of charm, action and personality, - I LOVE Papo`s horses.
But of course it could be fun to see some "artist horses" from Papo too Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:46 am

Roger wrote:

It was when Schleich was a family brand, made with love. Aren't these really special editions? Wasn't it respectful to collectors? Now the main owners are a kind of capital investment company, using the strong name the brand won while a family company, where the rules are: produce cheap and sell expensive! Sad Laughing

Actually it is a nice legend, that Schleich was family owned untill recently.

In 1973 old Mr. Schleich sold the company to Mr. Schneider, who used to be CEO at ASS, the playcard-company.
Mr. Schleich's 2nd wife, Linde, kept only a small share percentage after Mr. Schleich passed away.
Also the 2 daughters of Mr. Schleich's first wife only kept small shares.
Mr. Schneider took two associates into the company, who had shares in Schleich: Mr. Köster and Mr. Schwarz - later also Paul Kraut, who is still today Managing Director at Schleich.

So it is Mr Schneider who we must thank for the good, old Schleich models Wink

BUT ! It surely seems that this new British owner, HgCapital Trust plc, is totally focussed on return on their investment ! Sad

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:57 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Actually it is a nice legend, that Schleich was family owned untill recently.

In 1973 old Mr. Schleich sold the company to Mr. Schneider, who used to be CEO at ASS, the playcard-company.
Mr. Schleich's 2nd wife, Linde, kept only a small share percentage after Mr. Schleich passed away.
Also the 2 daughters of Mr. Schleich's first wife only kept small shares.
Mr. Schneider took two associates into the company, who had shares in Schleich: Mr. Köster and Mr. Schwarz - later also Paul Kraut, who is still today Managing Director at Schleich.

So it is Mr Schneider who we must thank for the good, old Schleich models Wink

BUT ! It surely seems that this new British owner, HgCapital Trust plc, is totally focussed on return on their investment ! Sad

Thanks Susanne for your comment. That's the true spirit of a collector, knowledge about what one collects and the ability of recognize what is wrong or correct with what one collects. Very Happy
Though it doesn't represent a changing in my comment, I'm glad that today I learned again something new! cheers Very Happy queen

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:01 pm

SUSANNE
I almost forgot about that series, thank you!
And thanks so much for your comment about Schleich politics, it was really interesting for me:)

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 4:00 am

I know the sculptors of dinosaurs/prehistoric creatures, for the following companies:

Carnegie: Forest Rogers
CollectA: Anthony Beeson
Papo: Some korean bloke called Woon. Not much is known about him, I know he had a blog but I can't find it atm silent
Invicta: I can't remember the names off the top of my head, but I do remember reading an article in Prehistoric Times which showed the story of the line, and how it was created. The sculptor of the Troodon was discussed.
Favorite Oldies: Kazunari Araki
Battat: Greg Wenzel and Dan LoRusso
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:29 am

Mojo horses : Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko cheers
Other Mojos : James Connolly, I think

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:26 am

SUSANNE wrote:

That's right. There is one more sculptor in Mojo, he is from China and his name is Mr Yao Very Happy I hope we all meet together in further or closer future Very Happy bounce

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:38 am

ana wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

That's right. There is one more sculptor in Mojo, he is from China and his name is Mr Yao Very Happy I hope we all meet together in further or closer future Very Happy bounce

WOW! I hope you will be allowed to take pictures and share with us bounce bounce bounce cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 3:40 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
ana wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

WOW! I hope you will be allowed to take pictures and share with us bounce bounce bounce cheers

Nothing happened yet, and there are no any serious plans for it in very close future Sad But IF then of course I will post photos Very Happy Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern companies Sculptors   Modern companies Sculptors Empty

Back to top Go down

Modern companies Sculptors
Page 1 of 1