Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)

Go down 
+29
JonasV
LeeAnn
Bruno C Monteiro
Sergey
Arnaud
skysthelimit
Gabe
Bernyto
landrover
widukind
Vivien
dlfrogman
Philter4
SUSANNE
remowshake
Suebeedo
Kiryuha
zbyszek
aandmkw
Roger
Ana
Nova
Admin
Kikimalou
ken yeo
WILLYBACOMAN
HKHollinstone
stecal
diversity
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
diversity

diversity

Country/State : Germany

diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) Empty
PostSubject: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:48 pm

Hello everybody!  Very Happy

woooow, all your collections are really amazing!  Shocked I have never seen such complex and ample arrangements of animal models, not even in the shops! Very Happy

and all these dioramas and landscapes that some of you have desingned are so brilliant! I'm in the feeling as if I was in a museum for natural history or whatever :Dreally great work! Wink

well, when seeing such enormous collections, I feel rather small among all you guys ^^ my collection includes about 60 figures, all by Schleich. Though the other labels produce some very good models, too, I think I will continue my pure Schleich collection, as it is very hard do find figures by other brands in the shops (except for Bullyland maybe, but I don't like their quality Razz)

so, here I send you an image of my fine collection! I hope you like it and give me some comments Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

....by the way, the figures are arranged in two groups: the ones that are in the current catalogue (lower shelf) and the ones from previous catalogues (upper shelf). But normally I can't resist to arrange them in a new way after a few weeks :DI did already group them by the continents they inhabit and by biological relatedness Wink

Last edited by diversity on Thu May 22, 2014 9:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:50 pm

hi and welcome but unfortenetly the link wouldnt work for me scratch
steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:02 pm

Warm welcome to our forum, from England! I cannot see the link either...
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:23 pm

Hallo, und ein warmes Wilkommen aus Holland auf unserem Forum "Diversität"! cheers
Deine Sammlung mag vielleicht noch nicht so gross sein, dafür hast du aber schon einige ziemlich rare Schleich-Modelle! Cool Wir freuen uns auf deine neuen einträge! Very Happy

Hello, and a warm welcome to our forum from the Netherlands "Diversity" !
Your collection might not be so big yet, but for that, you already have some quit rare retired Schleichs in your collection! Cool
Wir love to see your new entry's to the forum! Very Happy

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Welcome on board! diversity.

Today you might thought of just collecting schleich. Maybe one day you might break this rule ,,, sunny
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:16 pm

After roaming this forum, and see what is all available in this field, i am pretty sure, haha. Wink

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:32 pm

Ah, I can see the picture now. You have a great collection!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Welcome here Diversity and congratulation for your very nice collection Very Happy .

Even if you are already infected by the Schleich drug, this place is dangerous because a lot of us have so many other addictions to share with you Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Welcome here Diversity and congratulation for your very nice collection Very Happy .

Even if you are already infected by the Schleich drug, this place is dangerous because a lot of us have so many other addictions to share with you Laughing

Warning !!! This site is extremly dangerous when you are hooked on animal collecting. affraid
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Nova

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:58 am

Wonderful collection! I can't wait to find a Chamois for mine. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
diversity

diversity

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:37 pm

thank you for your comments! Very Happy

and yes, you are right - I do indeed fear to become addicted to animal figures! xP

I've just visited the Safari Ltd. website and - woow, they do also a great work with so detailled and naturalistic models! Schleich has really strong competitors ^^ what do you think about Safari? woul you recommend me buying some figures by them? but there's just the problem that I've never seen Safari figures in the shops in my town before... I think I should keep my eyes open for Safari :) and what do you know abaut the prices? is Safari as expensive as Schleich or cheaper?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:11 pm

diversity wrote:
thank you for your comments! Very Happy

and yes, you are right - I do indeed fear to become addicted to animal figures! xP

I've just visited the Safari Ltd. website and - woow, they do also a great work with so detailled and naturalistic models! Schleich has really strong competitors ^^ what do you think about Safari? woul you recommend me buying some figures by them? but there's just the problem that I've never seen Safari figures in the shops in my town before... I think I should keep my eyes open for Safari :) and what do you know abaut the prices? is Safari as expensive as Schleich or cheaper?

Keeping your eyes open is a very good idea. It's hard to know about them because this American company is not very widespread in Europa. One of our fellow here, Gab, gaves me the virus and now I'm addicted to the Safari models. The prices are at the same level as Schleich or Papo.
Some I've got are really awesome, like the new Wildlife wonders orang-utan, the anteater, the walrus, the arctic wolf. The Cape buffalo, the Arabian oryx, the reindeer are very fine too.
Have a look at our Sfari section, you can see some of them and I will make some review about Safari animals soon.
These models are often a bit bigger than Schleich and the one I have are perfect with Papo.
If youare thinking about an item, you can always ask before buying it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Welcome on forum "Diversity" Very Happy Your collection is really nice, you have some models which are hard to find Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:00 am

Congratulations Diversity!
Diversity is my favorit theme!
You have a nice collection! But without brand diversity!
I'm only collecting few mounths agos and with this forum I learned that diversity of brands is the best choice unless you want only Schleich itens.
For exemple: Papo has the best cheetah! CollectA the best swan and Safari the biggest diversity!
But are always oppinions and collector's opinions have big diversity!
Thanks Diversity!!!
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 5:15 am

Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here. You have a wonderful collection. Can't wait to see it grow.
Back to top Go down
zbyszek

zbyszek

Country/State : Gliwice,Poland

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:03 pm

Welcome aboard and greetings from Polish. You have a fine collection, in particular, on the top shelf. My children until my eyes lighted up at the sight of so many discontinued models. And only Schleich collection. That's what we started. I had to just be horses. And it's also not too much. And what is there you can see photos of our collection. Speakers are absolutely right. The beginning has already done and in a moment out to get you a very contagious virus and what is worse you will not want to leave.His symptoms of sickness (at least in our case) is more and more. I look around after other brands. What is also suitable for Schleich. Or you do not have Schleich. Or what happened just like that. And the only remedy for limiting growth of this disease is a total lack of space or, worse, lack of money. Which of course I do not wish to anyone. Good luck in the hunt for a new rare species from our planet earth.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:49 pm

You've got a very finely selected collection, Diversity! Selectiveness and high quality requirements - that's the approach to collecting that I share myself. Wink
What's your real name, by the way?

diversity wrote:
...what do you think about Safari? woul you recommend me buying some figures by them? but there's just the problem that I've never seen Safari figures in the shops in my town before...
Safari's Wings of the World lineup (i.e. birds) is worth close attention - when it comes to birds, Safari is #1 at the market today.
As to the other Safari figures - their quality and realism can vary greatly. But here at the forum there are lots of real-life photos with Safari figures that will help you make up your own opinion.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 6:22 pm

Welcome Diversity! cheers You have a wonderful start to your collection and your birds are great! I too have not gone beyond the Schleich figures ~ yet. Thankyou for posting your collection and I look forward to seeing and hearing more from you. If you would like to meet everyone here's a thread in this forum...where if you are comfortable sharing a photo of yourself you can. Again Welcome from Spokane, Washington, USA (I always say I am from Spokane Washington, because I think if I only put Washington others may think I am in the capitol where the president lives -Washington, D.C.) :) ~ Sue
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
diversity

diversity

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 1:21 pm

hey guys Very Happy

you are right, the "wings of the world" by Safari are really awesome! so many exotic and colourful birds! ...maybe I should start a Schleich/Safari bird collection Very Happy

ah, and I've some three new figures in my Schleich-collection:
- the retired sitting bald eagle (cheaply bought at ebay)
- the retired megatherium / giant sloth
- the retired deinosuchus (both found in the sortiment of a shop, their price was reduced, as nobody seemed to like them - but I do Wink )
new fotos will come soon...

and by the way, my real name is frederik, nice to meet you Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:51 am

diversity wrote:
hey guys Very Happy

you are right, the "wings of the world" by Safari are really awesome! so many exotic and colourful birds! ...maybe I should start a Schleich/Safari bird collection Very Happy

ah, and I've some three new figures in my Schleich-collection:
- the retired sitting bald eagle (cheaply bought at ebay)
- the retired megatherium / giant sloth
- the retired deinosuchus (both found in the sortiment of a shop, their price was reduced, as nobody seemed to like them - but I do Wink )
new fotos will come soon...

and by the way, my real name is frederik, nice to meet you Wink

Great aditions Frederik!
Safari birds are very nice and from CollectA you will find some more like peregrin falcon, spoonbill, barn owl, etc.
Back to top Go down
diversity

diversity

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:07 pm

hello everyone Very Happy

ahh it's so wounderful!^^ this week i made myself a beutiful christmas present: 10 Schleich figures, that will be retired next year Very Happy santa
and the best thing is, that i could buy them very cheaply in comparison with the shops in my city, at the shop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy they have very cheap prices there and i really can recommend it to all collectors in Germany and other European states Wink

so, the new figures are:
- deer family
- macrauchenia, glyptodon, cave bear
- octopus and grey whale calf
- dromedary mare and king penguin (this one will remain in its original packing as it is my second one and i plan to sell it once when it has become more valuable Wink)

... and i've just made some new pictures for you, as i promised some time ago. sorry for the quality of the pics, but i'm really not a good photographer Wink

in total i have about 88 figures now, just three not made by Schleich. do you know which ones they are? Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

hope you enjoy them Wink

best greets,
frederik :)
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Really good collection Frederik! cheers

Congratulations by them!
Philip afro

I don't give you the good entrances to our forum, so, welcome! :)

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Your collection looks very good on those shelves, Freredrik!
diversity wrote:
in total i have about 88 figures now, just three not made by Schleich. do you know which ones they are? Wink
Those are Bullyland bearded owl, fox (Collecta?) and squirrel (Collecta or Papo?), right?

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
diversity

diversity

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Those are Bullyland bearded owl, fox (Collecta?) and squirrel (Collecta or Papo?), right?

the owl is right, it's BULLYLAND. it looked so awesome that i couldn't resist Very Happy
but the old red fox and the squirrel are both SCHLEICH. indeed, these two were my very first SCHLEICH-figures. then came the marten and the osprey, later the oryx and the condor and then i was infected and became a collector Wink

so, try again and guess which other two ones are not SCHLEICH Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 5:01 pm

diversity wrote:
Kiryuha wrote:

the owl is right, it's BULLYLAND. it looked so awesome that i couldn't resist Very Happy
but the old red fox and the squirrel are both SCHLEICH. indeed, these two were my very first SCHLEICH-figures. then came the marten and the osprey, later the oryx and the condor and then i was infected and became a collector Wink

so, try again and guess which other two ones are not SCHLEICH Wink Very Happy

You have many retired Schleich that I«d loved to have... that old fox, anteater, armadillo, lot of birds, etc.
I started collecting in 2010 so I'm not an expert but I think the 2 not Schleich are the big croc and sea turttle.Suspect
If not, that will be easy for some of our friends to know it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) Empty

Back to top Go down

diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next