Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)

Go down 
+29
JonasV
LeeAnn
Bruno C Monteiro
Sergey
Arnaud
skysthelimit
Gabe
Bernyto
landrover
widukind
Vivien
dlfrogman
Philter4
SUSANNE
remowshake
Suebeedo
Kiryuha
zbyszek
aandmkw
Roger
Ana
Nova
Admin
Kikimalou
ken yeo
WILLYBACOMAN
HKHollinstone
stecal
diversity
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
diversity

diversity

Country/State : Germany

diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: :)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:37 pm

hehe, thank you Very Happy
it's nice to see that you other collectors share my love to this pretty collection! :)

@ kiki:
yeahh, the bird are the best, i know! Wink
Back to top Go down
Bernyto

Country/State : Spain

diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:46 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Great collection and very nice pics cheers

I love this one Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I would like to have some of them! Wonderful!!
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:03 pm

I envy you, Frederick! You have so many rare ones!! Surprised

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Oh, beautiful collection Frederick!! Wow you have so many wonderful finds there - I love the Schleich pheasant cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:36 pm

Congratulations Frederik! :)
Beautiful pictures and some nice finds! :)
I hope someday find the armadillo! :)
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 7:25 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

I love this one Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Same here, a lot of flying jewels cheers

Arnaud

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 8:16 pm

Wow ! Beautiful collection and great photos !
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi Frederick! Welcome back! lol! lol! You have a nice birds collection!

Country/State : Brasil/São Paulo

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi Frederick! Your collection is really beautiful, and the display and illumination are amazing. It´s a like a catedral of science. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
diversity

diversity

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 5:28 pm

hello my friends!  Very Happy Very Happy 

it has been a while since my last post and some of you may have even thought i got lost on the way... but now i am back, together with some beautiful new acquisitions of 2013 and 2014 models! :)

here are some pics of my new models :)
i hope to be able to take some new photos of my complete collection in the near future, but for that we have to wait some time... Wink

best regards to all of you,
frederik  cheers 

MOJO Tamandua and MOJO Sloth

MOJO Deinotherium

Elephant Collection: SCHLEICH Asian Elephant Bull, SCHLEICH African Elephant Bull, SAFARI Wolly Mammoth (Carnegie), SAFARI Amebelodon, MOJO Deinotherium

MOJO Emu and COLLECTA Southern Cassowary

MAIA&BORGES Hammerhead Shark and SCHLEICH Sawfish

SCHLEICH Turtle

SAFARI Flamingo, SCHLEICH Blue/Yellow Macaw, SAFARI Atlantic Puffin
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:47 pm

Excellent additions, congratulations!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:50 pm

Congrats! Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 9:08 pm

They're great! Congrats Smile 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:14 am

widukind wrote:
Excellent additions, congratulations!!

cheers  sunny  Cool 

I always expect the Emu and Cassowary bounce bounce bounce Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:58 pm

Delicious-looking shelves! I like the backlighting you've got on them. Sweet new figurines, too - the ambelodon is my favourite. Might you be able to tell me what brand the crocodile in the center foreground in this picture is by, please?

diversity

diversity

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 3:56 pm

thank you, guys for your appreciations! Very Happy

here i have some remarks concerning the emu and the cassowary, which i have eagerly waited for as well! :)

Mojo Fun 7163 Emu: This really is a very nice model! It belongs to my first few MOJO figures and i am happy to have it now. Still, i have some remarks on it, as it seems to be made of a different material than my other MOJO models. this figure is made of a more softer and elastic rubber and has a bit of a glossy shine on its surface. i don't know why MOJO did this model with another material than the rest, but all in all it is still a really good model! :)

CollectA 88651 Cassowary: My first and only CollectA model so far! :) Made of a quite hard and unelastic plastic material, but very nicely coloured. Good job, CollectA! looking forward for my next models! Wink

koniminiatures wrote:
Delicious-looking shelves! I like the backlighting you've got on them. Sweet new figurines, too - the ambelodon is my favourite. Might you be able to tell me what brand the crocodile in the center foreground in this picture is by, please?
This is the SCHLEICH 14181 Mississippi Alligator which was retired in 2005. I was lucky to buy it when it was still on sale Very Happy

best wishes,
Frederik  cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 5:48 pm

beautiful new figures and welcome back. Smile 
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:07 pm

diversity wrote:

koniminiatures wrote:
This is the SCHLEICH 14181 Mississippi Alligator which was retired in 2005. I was lucky to buy it when it was still on sale Very Happy

Ah, thanks for the info!

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 9:12 pm

Hi there  cheers 

You have a beautiful collection  Very Happy 

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 12:49 am

diversity wrote:
thank you, guys for your appreciations! Very Happy

here i have some remarks concerning the emu and the cassowary, which i have eagerly waited for as well! :)

Mojo Fun 7163 Emu: This really is a very nice model! It belongs to my first few MOJO figures and i am happy to have it now. Still, i have some remarks on it, as it seems to be made of a different material than my other MOJO models. this figure is made of a more softer and elastic rubber and has a bit of a glossy shine on its surface. i don't know why MOJO did this model with another material than the rest, but all in all it is still a really good model! :)

Mojo had some manufacturing problems with that figure and they belated it a year. I believe they decided to use this kind of plastic to prevent that the figure break easily, legs won't be a problem once it has a base but maybe the neck could cause some difficulties. Very Happy
Honestly, I have that figure and it doesn't disturb me, it doesn't give a cheap feeling to it and I confess it gives an interesting touch experience, mainly on feathered area. CollectA also uses these softer material in some dinosaurs with spikes allowing them to be delicate what is great! Very Happy

diversity

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:42 pm

cheers New Year - New Collectibles! Very Happy

Hi collectors! :)

I just received my first package with new additions to my animal figure collection! Very Happy

For the future I'm still planning to take new photos of my whole collection in its current status, but I have to find some time and maybe a better camera for close-ups for this! ^^ So stay tuned for some more nice collection pics this year... Wink

My latest additions are (in photo and with comments):

SCHLEICH 14674 White Stork & PAPO 50159 White Stork with chick
I like the Schleich Stork really a lot, the area around the eye is coloured much more exact and lively than I remember it from seeing it in the shops Very Happy Also the Papo Stork is very nice with its chick, though the adult stork is a bit more cartoonish than the Schleich one. But still a nice Stork family!

SCHLEICH 14738 Eagle Owl
This is a nice addition to my small owl collection! I was also thinking about the Safari Great Horned Owl, but I decided for this one first. It's cool to see a owl with an open beak, just if it was defending its nesting grounds! Also the feathers of the wings are verry detailled and naturalistically modelled.

CollectA 88569 Walrus
Ohh, I love this one! I saw a walrus in a zoo last summer, and its face has really a very natural expression! Much better than the other model by Schleich/Maia&Borges/Papo (did they all use the same model?? Surprised  )

MOJO FUN 387174 Pangolin
I think this is really a rare species to be made as a toy figure! But very nice job though! Mojo starts to surprise me with their sense for exotic and rarely seen figures and also their increasing detailled quality! Very Happy

PAPO 50160 Snow Leopard
Hmm... I fear this is the most disappointing figure of this order.  Sad  It seems to differ a lot from the official Papo catalogue pictues, as for example the fur colour is more dirty whitish than greyish-blue and also the details of the spots on the fur (I mean those dark black fringes of the brownish spots) are not visible in the model. Had expected more of Papo...

SCHLEICH 14714 American Bison
Nicely modelled, but maybe a bit small?  scratch  Aren't yaks smaller then bisons? With the Schleich figures, it seems to be the other way round Very Happy

Best wishes to all of you,
Frederik Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:43 pm

Nice additions,  congratulations :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 6:32 pm

Great additions Frederik and welcome to the pangolin club! cheers
Owl looks nice and I can confirm that is a very nice walrus. Also you're right about M&B, Papo and Schleich walruses, they are all the same, originally from Maia & Borges. Again youre right about the American bison, that is a very small figure when compared with most of the other Schleich figures but never expect correct scale in major brands. Very Happy

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 7:08 pm

So nice additions! cheers Storks are my favorites of them all I love you

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)   diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

diversity's collection - growing focus on birds and paleo mammals ;)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3