Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 My papo collection (updated september 2011)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Arrakai

avatar

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 783

PostSubject: the march adittions   Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:16 pm

A few new papos arrived this month to :)


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This months additions are Ok, no more no less. Not some of the best papos, but I still like most of them. The roosters and squirrle are pretty nice :)

But I´m disapointed about the lynx. you are used to papos cats beeing close to perfect, but not this one No
Some parts of the body looks kind of nice, but I dont know, it looks a little wierd.

And the head Shocked IT`S COMPLETELY FLAT! (sorry for yelling Embarassed )
Not good at all papo, shame on you Evil or Very Mad

But at least I got a good laugh when I opened the package.

Have you ever seen anything this ugly Laughing Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]




Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30827

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Ha, ha, that bull is fun Laughing

Is it PAPO Shocked affraid


Please, please, will you send a close-up picture of that lynx ?

WOW; it is a cute bunch, congratulation flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21818

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:58 pm

Congratulations Anna, so many Papo! Waw! :)
I agree completly with you and it's nice to have not good opinions with our own figures! I don't like this lynx too, is completly bad balanced, has the old stile of Papo and the sizes are completly wrong! Papo is nice in big cats but not in small cats! :) About the farm figures I think that the new bulls and cows are great but I'm not the right person to talk about farm animals!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11292

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:29 pm

Congratulations Anna, I've never seen that bull before Surprised bounce

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

avatar

Country/State : Singapore
Age : 47
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5411

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:53 am

Congratulations Anna! I do own the Charolais Bull and buying this is to match with Schleich Charolais cow. Frankly speaking their early version of cow sculpting was not appealing at all. For 2010 releases is not bad.

the lynx is really bad and would like to suggest them to re-made a new version and completely unacceptable.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
Arrakai

avatar

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:00 pm

Yes ladies and gentlemen, the ugly beige bull is accually Papo Laughing

I will try and post a closer pic of the lynx tomorrow, Susanne, I´m way to tired now Sleep

I agree with you, ken yeo, they should realy do another lynx, and focus a little more on the head.
I honestly dont get it, they are so good at bigger wild cats, why not the smaler scratch
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1650

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:36 am

I recommend a new custom paint job re do for the Charolais Bull : )
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

avatar

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 783

PostSubject: My new papo   Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:22 pm

I managed to find myself some nice new papo last month, as I places a big order at modelpferdeversand.

As always, I have some mixed feelings when it comes to their horses, but the thoroughbreds I realy like, and the black/white shire is in my opinion on of the best papo horses (of the once I have seen)

The limosine cows are realy good, they have gotten much better in making cows, and the brown/white calf is realy cute. Now I only have to get his parents too Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I got some wildlife too, including the magnificent nile crocodile. It is accually a little smaler than I though, but wow, it looks good drunken

I´m accually happy with al the new wild animals I got, like the amazing angry tigress, but my favorites has to be the meerkats. I think these meerkats are the best I have ever seen, the sitting one is soo cool, and they all look very alive, much better than the schleich ones.
So if you like meerkats, and dont have the papo ones, buy them! cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11292

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Oh oh, I really have to get those meerkats they are so real looking! Congratulations Anna cheers the Nile crocodile is a stunner isn't it, I was SO pleased with him when I bought it. bounce

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21818

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:21 pm

It's always a pleasure to see such nice figures in nice hands!
I also want these meercats and of course it is the 2nd best crocodile, I am the absolutly best! drunken tongue
It's curious, I love this crocodile, it's absolutly fantastic and dramatic but it is still not in my collection, very very expensive here! Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14835

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:32 pm

Congratulation Anna Very Happy

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

avatar

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:37 pm

@Harriet; Yes, I can realy recomend the meerkats, they are amazing. And the croc. one word is enough.. wow Very Happy

@Roger; Ha ha, I guess you are right Laughing A while ago at a market, I found a litle plastic croc. when I saw it, I was a little confused. then, after a while it hit me... "Hey, I know that guy!" So I guess, now you are in my collection to Wink

Yes, I can see your problem with the croc. Here in sweden, it costs over 30 euro Shocked
But it was much cheaper at modelpferdeversand, "only" 11,50 euro, so I waited to order it until I places my order there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

avatar

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation Anna Very Happy

Thanx christophe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21818

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:57 pm

Arrakai wrote:
@Harriet; Yes, I can realy recomend the meerkats, they are amazing. And the croc. one word is enough.. wow Very Happy

@Roger; Ha ha, I guess you are right Laughing A while ago at a market, I found a litle plastic croc. when I saw it, I was a little confused. then, after a while it hit me... "Hey, I know that guy!" So I guess, now you are in my collection to Wink

Yes, I can see your problem with the croc. Here in sweden, it costs over 30 euro Shocked
But it was much cheaper at modelpferdeversand, "only" 11,50 euro, so I waited to order it until I places my order there Very Happy

Oooh! Incredible price this in Sweden! Here it is less than 20 but even expensive for me!
Yes, I am in your collection, I saw it in your huge topic in the bottom corner of a CollectA picture, curiously you haven't pictured me with the prehistoric figures! Thanks! :)
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

avatar

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:18 am

Roger wrote:
Arrakai wrote:
@Harriet; Yes, I can realy recomend the meerkats, they are amazing. And the croc. one word is enough.. wow Very Happy

@Roger; Ha ha, I guess you are right Laughing A while ago at a market, I found a litle plastic croc. when I saw it, I was a little confused. then, after a while it hit me... "Hey, I know that guy!" So I guess, now you are in my collection to Wink

Yes, I can see your problem with the croc. Here in sweden, it costs over 30 euro Shocked
But it was much cheaper at modelpferdeversand, "only" 11,50 euro, so I waited to order it until I places my order there Very Happy

Oooh! Incredible price this in Sweden! Here it is less than 20 but even expensive for me!
Yes, I am in your collection, I saw it in your huge topic in the bottom corner of a CollectA picture, curiously you haven't pictured me with the prehistoric figures! Thanks! :)

Yes, most animal figurines are pretty pricey here in sweden Rolling Eyes

You didnt get in the prehistoric box ´cus I thought you looked more like a "regular" croc than a dinosaur
Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21818

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:25 am

Arrakai wrote:
Roger wrote:
Arrakai wrote:
@Harriet; Yes, I can realy recomend the meerkats, they are amazing. And the croc. one word is enough.. wow Very Happy

@Roger; Ha ha, I guess you are right Laughing A while ago at a market, I found a litle plastic croc. when I saw it, I was a little confused. then, after a while it hit me... "Hey, I know that guy!" So I guess, now you are in my collection to Wink

Yes, I can see your problem with the croc. Here in sweden, it costs over 30 euro Shocked
But it was much cheaper at modelpferdeversand, "only" 11,50 euro, so I waited to order it until I places my order there Very Happy

Oooh! Incredible price this in Sweden! Here it is less than 20 but even expensive for me!
Yes, I am in your collection, I saw it in your huge topic in the bottom corner of a CollectA picture, curiously you haven't pictured me with the prehistoric figures! Thanks! :)

Yes, most animal figurines are pretty pricey here in sweden Rolling Eyes

You didnt get in the prehistoric box ´cus I thought you looked more like a "regular" croc than a dinosaur
Wink Laughing

Plastic surgeries!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2836

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:01 am

The horses look so cool, could you please post some pics showing them in different angles?

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1650

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:23 am

Yes, that black and white Shire, from your photo looks like a very nice figure!
The Nile croc is gorgeous! I love mine! The skin texture and detail is awesome!
I like the meerkats as well, just too big for a savannah scene if placed with other figures.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30827

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:08 am

What a gorgeous batch, Anna cheers

And you got TWO of the old, dark Exmoor-ponies, wow Shocked
Judging from the catalogues they were only made in 2003, then they changed to the bay version Very Happy

I LOVE the older Papo-horses. They are very differnet from other horse models, full of detail and a tiny bit caricatures, stressing what is special about that kind of horse.

Ohh, I must have those meercats I love you drunken
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Wildheart

avatar

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania
Age : 20
Joined : 2010-04-29
Posts : 2176

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:13 am

When my mum bought me the Papo meerkats, they were sold separately by a collector in Greece and she only got 2 of them. Razz I am missing the crouching one.
I wonder how will I get it now.... question
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11292

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Arrakai wrote:
Yes, I can see your problem with the croc. Here in sweden, it costs over 30 euro Shocked
But it was much cheaper at modelpferdeversand, "only" 11,50 euro, so I waited to order it until I places my order there Very Happy
affraid oh my, 30euro?? I paid £9 for mine

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

avatar

Country/State : Singapore
Age : 47
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5411

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:24 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Arrakai wrote:
Yes, I can see your problem with the croc. Here in sweden, it costs over 30 euro Shocked
But it was much cheaper at modelpferdeversand, "only" 11,50 euro, so I waited to order it until I places my order there Very Happy
affraid oh my, 30euro?? I paid £9 for mine

it really too much at 30 euro!!

The black shire horse is nice!!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
Arrakai

avatar

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:21 pm

@Baltimore; The croc sure is great drunken
I agree that the meerkats are a bit big for a display with other animals, but just think how smal they would have to be for them to fit with for example an elephant Shocked

@Susanne; Thanx Very Happy I´m not sure I agree with you on the older papo´s. Sure, they might look a little cute, but most of them only look wired and funny to me Suspect

If any of you have an extra bay color of the old papo pony, I´m happy to trade with one of my dark ones Very Happy

@Wildheart; Ye, that might be tough. I dont know if they are sold seperatly anywhere scratch

@Harriet,ken yeo; At an online shop here in sweden, they sell the nile for 325 sek, and 1euro is about 9sek Rolling Eyes

yes, the shire is realy good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

avatar

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Here are the pics you wanted, sylobe;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

enjoy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30827

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:37 pm

Arrakai wrote:


@Susanne; Thanx Very Happy I´m not sure I agree with you on the older papo´s. Sure, they might look a little cute, but most of them only look wired and funny to me Suspect


My grandad used to say : "Some like the mother, some like the daughter " cheers Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think they are far from cute, I think they are nearly little semi-abstract sculptures drunken
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Arrakai

avatar

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:48 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Arrakai wrote:


@Susanne; Thanx Very Happy I´m not sure I agree with you on the older papo´s. Sure, they might look a little cute, but most of them only look wired and funny to me Suspect


My grandad used to say : "Some like the mother, some like the daughter " cheers Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think they are far from cute, I think they are nearly little semi-abstract sculptures drunken

Ha ha, ye that sounds about right, abstract sculptures Laughing I have to try and think of them that way, then maybe I like them better Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11292

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:14 pm

I love that Shire drunken

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30827

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Arrakai wrote:


Ha ha, ye that sounds about right, abstract sculptures Laughing I have to try and think of them that way, then maybe I like them better Wink

Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2836

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Thanks! The shire and the first one are really amazing!

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Arrakai

avatar

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:20 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
Thanks! The shire and the first one are really amazing!

Your welcome Very Happy Glad you liked them, I think the shire is one of papos best horses (from the ones I have seen), and it accually look like a horse What a Face
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2836

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:47 pm

Arrakai wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:
Thanks! The shire and the first one are really amazing!

Your welcome Very Happy Glad you liked them, I think the shire is one of papos best horses (from the ones I have seen), and it accually look like a horse What a Face

Laughing Yeah, some Papo horses don´t look as horses. But this one is awesome :)

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5972

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Congratulations on your newest Papo's Anna! Very Happy
Some are really great!
My favourites are the awesome crocodile, and the yak, as he can company the lonely Schleich model, when i forget, my Lineol, Hausser Elastolin and Preiser Elastolin models... Laughing Rolling Eyes

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

avatar

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 783

PostSubject: Papo for september   Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:46 pm

Finaly got a few (only three) new 2011 papos; indian elefant with calf and mandrill

The elefants are good, nice colour (not just plain grey al together) and I realy like the little calf´s pose. So cute I love you
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The mandrill. Well, i dont know, it´s good, but it´s something about it that I dont realy like, dont know if it´s the color or something else, but I´m just not very impressed with it scratch
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I also got two of the papo warriors, even if they are in used condition (I think the tiger is missing a sword?) Realy good and with amazing detailes drunken The only thing I can complain about (and of course, I have to), Is that I think the heads are a tiny bit to small, but thats just my opinion.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11292

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:05 pm

I like the elephants too, but I don't think I'll get them because of their size. Congratulations cheers those warriors are just amazingly detailed, I agree the heads could be a little bigger.

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21818

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Congratulations Anna! Remember that that one of the diferences between France and Germany is that the first have small heads while the last have large heads! Laughing I'm talking about Papo, Schleich and Bullyland, of course! santa pale affraid
I think the problem of the mandril is that the really ones are so bizarre and colourful that it is impossible any painting looks realistic, I'm talking about the face, of course. I love the sculpting as well I think the elephants are nice and probably these will replace my ugly Schleich! elephant
Back to top Go down
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2818

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Congratulations Anna! The Tiger-warrior is my one of the lovely model among Papo animal-warriors (because dinamyc pose)! And for sorry your tiger had lost a nice axe! Wink Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

avatar

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Harriet@ Yes, they are a bit small, but if you just keep them with other elephants, you should be fine Laughing

Roger@ Ye, right, your only talking brands Laughing Rolling Eyes I think the lion-warrior would have looked mush better with a big mane! Yes, you are probably right about the mandrill, but I think it would have been better if they had toned down the colors of the body. Now both body and face has to much color for my taste.

Sergey@ Ye, I thought something was missing Laughing Oh, that pic is just.. Jummy! drunken
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1650

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:07 am

Even though I love the figure, I'll still be re-painting my mandrills more of a brownish color(Because they shouldn't be blue grey). As you all know, elephant too small for my taste and since it has a baby figure(Means it's supposed to be an adult female), it shouldn't have large external tusks.
Back to top Go down
Kristie

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 45
Joined : 2011-01-18
Posts : 2915

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:07 am

Congrats! The elephants are adorable! :) Mandrill, not so much. But still a very nice figure! Wink

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

avatar

Country/State : Singapore
Age : 47
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5411

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:33 am

Congratulations Anna! Indian elephant and baby should be their best of the year! For mandrill I like the pose and maybe colour needs to be enhance.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11292

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:11 am

Arrakai wrote:
Harriet@ Yes, they are a bit small, but if you just keep them with other elephants, you should be fine Laughing
Don't tempt me! Shocked Laughing

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30827

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:33 am

Ohhh, those elefants are lovely cheers elephant

I love the mandrill also, I think he looks cool Wink
But Harriet is right, it must be difficult to make a realistic mandrill monkey
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26249

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:01 pm

Also congratulation here!!! Nice figurines!!!! cheers cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

avatar

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:51 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Even though I love the figure, I'll still be re-painting my mandrills more of a brownish color(Because they shouldn't be blue grey). As you all know, elephant too small for my taste and since it has a baby figure(Means it's supposed to be an adult female), it shouldn't have large external tusks.

Mandrills can accually be both brownish, blue-grey, brown-grey, brown-black and other variants, but it would be realy great to see the result of your re-paint Very Happy

You are absolutly right about the elephants, I didnt even think about it befor.
But looking at the figurine, it seems to be a male (a kastrated male by the looks of it) Rolling Eyes
Why couldn´t they just make a female scratch
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

avatar

Country/State : Singapore
Age : 47
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5411

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:30 am

Arrakai wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:
Even though I love the figure, I'll still be re-painting my mandrills more of a brownish color(Because they shouldn't be blue grey). As you all know, elephant too small for my taste and since it has a baby figure(Means it's supposed to be an adult female), it shouldn't have large external tusks.

Mandrills can accually be both brownish, blue-grey, brown-grey, brown-black and other variants, but it would be realy great to see the result of your re-paint Very Happy

You are absolutly right about the elephants, I didnt even think about it befor.
But looking at the figurine, it seems to be a male (a kastrated male by the looks of it) Rolling Eyes
Why couldn´t they just make a female scratch

I find it funny too! that baby elephant following the father and not the mother.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1650

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:59 am

Like I always say do it right or don't do it all! Meaning...correct color of a figure, "relative proportion" for a figure line, and correct anatomical differences between animals that are sexually dimorphic (Female Asian elephants don't have large external tusks etc.).
Because they made an Asian baby elephant, you and I know the adult Asian is supposed to be a female! Even CollectA copied Papo and made a female Asian with tusks and a baby! Two wrongs don't make it right!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21818

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:52 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Like I always say do it right or don't do it all! Meaning...correct color of a figure, "relative proportion" for a figure line, and correct anatomical differences between animals that are sexually dimorphic (Female Asian elephants don't have large external tusks etc.).
Because they made an Asian baby elephant, you and I know the adult Asian is supposed to be a female! Even CollectA copied Papo and made a female Asian with tusks and a baby! Two wrongs don't make it right!


How do you know CollectA copied Papo and not Papo copied CollectA? They were released in the same year. I'm very curious, could you please explain me since you look experienced in this kind of things! elephant
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1650

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:56 am

Pardon my mistake, I don't know which one came out first. It's just that since I saw the Papo elephants first, I thought they came out before the Bullyland. So please excuse me for not researching the correct information(Do you know?). But either way, BOTH companies messed up and there was definitely some copy-catting...!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21818

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:44 pm

I was only curious! I believe it is possible to copy figures even when they are released in the same year. All factories are in China and the most part of the development is developed there. I'm not disagreeing with you and there's nothing wrong being wrong, it happens with all of us.
In some points I agree with you, I have the Papo yak in my hands, it was launched one year later than the Schleich and it is incredible that Papo used exactly the same pose and scale, only slightly better in morphology and with a different colouring! What a Face
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5972

PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:52 pm

Congrats on these 3 great Papo's Anna, i do still need these 3 to... Laughing

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My papo collection (updated september 2011)   

Back to top Go down
 
My papo collection (updated september 2011)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Yu-Gi-Oh!! My Karakuri machine deck september 2011 banlist
» Cerechan's other anime/MLP Collection UPDATED 6/14/13
» My papo cattle updated november 30th
» German shepherd/Alsacian Papo came in for September 2011...
» Rallying Warriors

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: