Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around Empty
PostSubject: A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around   A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around EmptySun 16 Sep 2012 - 12:01

I've got a question concerning the author's rights.
I have a resin horse from Horsing Around, sculptured by James Richmond. I'd like to re-sculpt his hind legs and back a little, as I don't like them. But AFAIK in some cases you may need a personal permission of the author to add some major changers to the model's shape (esp if you want to show off your model later).
Does anyone know who has the author's rights to Horsing Around models? The sculptor himself or someone in HA?
Or maybe I do not need to ask at all in this case?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around   A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around EmptySun 16 Sep 2012 - 16:22

what an interesting question! i have no idea. If there is nothing on their website, perhaps email them to ask?

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around   A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around EmptySun 16 Sep 2012 - 16:24

Mastiffcat wrote:
what an interesting question! i have no idea. If there is nothing on their website, perhaps email them to ask?
I would probably do this. I just wanted to ask here first in case someone may knows))

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around   A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around EmptySun 16 Sep 2012 - 16:29

Some time ago I've read something about it on Deborah's website. If I remember good it is not allowed to change sculpt work if You are willing to sell the model lately scratch But, it's better to ask of course. :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around   A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around EmptySun 16 Sep 2012 - 16:39

Re-doing for sale ( at a larger scale Wink ) is certainly a violation of copyrights.
And you must always make it clear that it is a re-paint, of course.

But that is only my gut-feeling, - it would be VERY interesting to hear more !!!
Are there no lawyers among our members ? bounce bounce

Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around   A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around EmptySun 16 Sep 2012 - 17:14

Well, I'm not willing to re-sell this horse right now, but I'm not sure if it would stay in my collection forever. Something may make me part with it one day. And I do not want to have any difficulties while trying to sell it:)
As well as I don't want to face any problems right now, after sharing the pics of the re-sculptured horse:)

I know that Lynn Fraley, for ex, allows to change the horse's mane and tale, but not the shape of the horse itself:)

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around   A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around Empty

Back to top Go down

A question about the author's rights in Horsing Around
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: