Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

My Primate Collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My Primate Collection   Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Do you have some walk around shots of the new Schleich male gorilla?

I only took these few photos today, but I will try and take a few more of the gorilla for you when I get a chance.... might not be for a few days though.

I had enough time those days and I made a SCHLEICH male Gorilla walkaround. You can watch it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

I also add some comparison pics with PAPO and SAFARI Ltd [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]...

sebillba

Country/State : Southsea, UK

PostSubject: Re: My Primate Collection   Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:40 pm

I had enough time those days and I made a SCHLEICH male Gorilla walkaround. You can watch it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

I also add some comparison pics with PAPO and SAFARI Ltd [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]...

Thanks for saving me the job! Very Happy Superb photos, much better than I could've taken. cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My Primate Collection   Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:32 pm

My pleasure... :)

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Primate Collection   Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:53 pm

Sebillba, it is very nice that you decided to post your collection! Very Happy
I am eager to see it growing here! affraid monkey Laughing
I understand what you feel with the large Safari figure, I think the best ape I know is the Safari WW orangutan and it is too big for me! Crying or Very sad
I live with them even not in scale but there are some limits for me. study
The Papo orangutan is a little large but a funny and nice creature, the SOL90 gorilla is not as good as others but as a lot of King Kong personlaity and you can [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] My pics are not good but you can have an idea and it is the same size and matterial than others. The Nayab apes are cheap but not bad at all and I love the Chap Mei squirrel monkey that is a small figure what is good once it is a small monkey. A lot to collect, I love thematic collections! Congratulations for yours! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sebillba

PostSubject: Re: My Primate Collection   Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Thanks for your comments Roger, and for the link to your SOL90 gorilla, it's very impressive! cheers I added to my gorilla family yesterday with the Papo male, thanks to Christophe's photos. I'm sure you will see my collection growing.... I only originally intended to get the Schleich chimps, gorillas and orangs, three of each, but you can see how that has already spiralled in just a couple of weeks!

I received two of the Bullyland chimps yesterday, will share more photos when I have the full family. :) Again, they were bigger than I expected! Not as large as the marmoset, but still a very different scale to most of my others. I would definitely like to get more small monkeys, really wish Schleich would make more species! I've just googled the Chap Mei squirrel monkey, and he's gone straight to the top of my wants list! This make seem to do a few nice monkeys, I also like their Lion-tailed Macaque - just not sure where I can buy them, can't find any on ebay, but I'll keep searching! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Country/State : Kiev, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: My Primate Collection   Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:05 pm

I've had 3 Schleich chimps for a few years, but recently decided to create my own "Monkey World"...
This is a very good idea!
Will you make any kind of "forest" to accommodate your primates? Schleich acacia and Collecta Cycad tree would be appropriate for it, I think. Some natural tree branches would fit well too.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
sebillba

PostSubject: Re: My Primate Collection   Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, I've been wondering about the best way to display them, and some trees would certainly set them off very well. Cool I also need to find more space.... I'm an avid collector of all sorts of other things as well (mainly Star Wars figures - I have over 1500 of them!), so display space is always an issue for me. I really shouldn't keep starting new collections, but I just can't help myself! Embarassed Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My Primate Collection   Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, I've been wondering about the best way to display them, and some trees would certainly set them off very well. Cool I also need to find more space.... I'm an avid collector of all sorts of other things as well (mainly Star Wars figures - I have over 1500 of them!), so display space is always an issue for me...
Space is always an issue...
For example, I've accommodated my animals on 4 bookshelves ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Asia, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) and decorated them a bit with artificial plants, stones and handmade "mountain ridges".
It's simple and cost-effective, but will not fit for perfectionists who prefer making entire handmade dioramas...

sebillba

PostSubject: Re: My Primate Collection   Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:09 pm

Sounds like a really nice idea, I'd like to see your displays, do you have links to any photos? cheers bounce

Edit: don't worry, I've just found your African display thread - very impressive! I do really like those trees you suggested, will have to look out for them at a reasonable price. :)
Back to top Go down
sebillba

PostSubject: Re: My Primate Collection   Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:03 pm

There's a new family joined my chimp troop:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've posted some more pics here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My Primate Collection   Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Sounds like a really nice idea, I'd like to see your displays, do you have links to any photos? cheers bounce
Edit: don't worry, I've just found your African display thread - very impressive! I do really like those trees you suggested, will have to look out for them at a reasonable price. :)
I'm glad you like it!
Here are the other links:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And here are some photo sessions from my alreday dismantled diplays - maybe they'll be useful for you as a source of ideas:

sebillba

PostSubject: Re: My Primate Collection   Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Thanks for all the links! :) I really enjoyed looking at your diaramas, and seeing the progress in building them, they've given me lots of ideas, I just need to find a space to set something up. I also thought your stories were great (especially the chimp one of course, that was brilliant!! monkey ) - I bet your kids love these, they're very lucky to have such an imaginative dad!

The only danger for me in looking at these, is the temptation of all those other lovely animals! I collect so many different things already, that I just want to stick to primates in this range.... but I know I could far too easily be led astray into collecting others, particularly the big cats. Very Happy cheers bounce cat
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My Primate Collection   Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:31 pm

Thanks for appreciation, Sebillba!
Hope to see your primates display soon.

tyrantqueen

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: My Primate Collection   Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Nice collection...although you forgot humans lol!

Just kidding flower

PostSubject: Re: My Primate Collection   Today at 7:15 pm

Back to top Go down

My Primate Collection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2