Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ?????

Go down 
+4
sauroid
SUSANNE
Ana
Dr.Narayanan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? Empty
PostSubject: How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ?????   How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi all , I meet some real difficulties with finding space to my ever growing additions . scratch Rolling Eyes

How do you people manage once your display shelves are jam packed ?

How do you manage even when your storage spaces are fully occupied ?

Do you people trade or sell your older stuffs ?

Please give me your guidance and suggestions . I would like to know your experiences .
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ?????   How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 7:24 pm

For the current moment I don't have a space problem, most of my collection stay in Poland, in my parents' house in boxes. In Holland I started almost completely new collection. I have only about 60 figures now here, but collected only within 6 months Shocked I guess next year I will have serious problem with displaying them. And what if I take my bigger collection from Poland Shocked I'm thinking about trading my cows and pigs later, this is less favorite part of my collection perhaps scratch

Doc, for me there are only questions here scratch I guess You need more shelves and more boxes and many of us also Very Happy Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ?????   How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Gosh ! I took some pictures, but I won`t show them...I have models and boxes of models everywhere Rolling Eyes geek Laughing Laughing

Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ?????   How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:10 pm

Ana and Susanne , these are the pics. I took just now , showing some shelves tightly packed and crowded with my new arrivals and older ones.

As a collector , I always want my vitrines to be madly crowded . Yes, I do enjoy it Laughing

How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? DSC02874
How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? DSC02877
How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? DSC02888

I have 3 broad vitrines in my hall and out of these, 1 vitrine was full of unbranded china animals displayed for nearly 7 years. Few months back , I repacked the unbranded ones and displayed animals of mixed brands in that place . One vitrine is exceptionally dedicated to Schleich . And one more vitrine is displaying Schleich and other brands , souvenirs , Disney figurines and other miniatures .

This is the pic. of my unbranded china birds displayed a year back . [ are n't they beautiful ? cheers ]. With toughest mind , I had to dismantle them and store them in my boxes . Sad
How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? Collections135
How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? Collections137
How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? Collections136
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ?????   How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 5:01 pm

hi Doc. i'd like to revive your thread because i now am currently having the same dilemma as you. to all the STS collectors: how/where do you store your figures (other than the ones on display/vitrines/shelves)? i am running out of closet/room corner space, and im afraid i might have to occupy the next unoccupied room to use as storage room... affraid
Back to top Go down
tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ?????   How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 5:54 pm

I have this dilemma too. I try to cram as many figures together as possible, and I'm always re-organising displays to find creative ways of getting as much space as possible out of my bookshelf Mad

I am hoping to be able to move into my elder sister's old room once she moves out though, maybe that will help with the space problem.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ?????   How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:11 am

sauroid wrote:
hi Doc. i'd like to revive your thread because i now am currently having the same dilemma as you. to all the STS collectors: how/where do you store your figures (other than the ones on display/vitrines/shelves)? i am running out of closet/room corner space, and im afraid i might have to occupy the next unoccupied room to use as storage room... affraid

Sauroid , answer to your Q ;

my house is a cosy sweet apartment , 850 sq ft. around . I have 3 deeply spaced lofts , one for the hall and the rest for the 2 rooms . Luckily , I am making the best use of these lofts as my storage rooms Laughing

3/4 th of my animals are impatiently waiting in storage boxes , for display asap .

I have stored my animals in huge cardboard boxes , in layers , with sheets of newspapers in between , to avoid rubs and scratches . This is the scenario at present .
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ?????   How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:05 pm

After seing the funny pictures from you, I just discovered these on one of my dino-shelves Laughing Laughing

Bullyland Plateosaurus standing on his hind legs to get a look over the crowds Very Happy
How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? Plateohead

SNATCH !!!!!
How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? Haps

( Sorry for all the dust Rolling Eyes Embarassed )

Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ?????   How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 4:01 am

Susanne , DUST is the all time headache for me too Mad . You can't help it esp. in tropical countries like India . I wonder how you get dust in such cold places like Denmark Rolling Eyes

How do you manage dust ? How often do you clean it ?

Does dry dust fade out the animals paint in long run ? Any experiences from you please .
Back to top Go down
pipi6

pipi6

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ?????   How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 4:10 am

i recently bought green cabnets but... my wildlife i think i have to sell... I have no more room and I think it would be good to pass them on to some one whom would love them! I think its bad just to have them in a box when there are people whom would love to have them! soo... I do a spring and fall cleaning and sell my doubles and less desiarable ones!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ?????   How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:07 am

Place is soon or later a problem in every collector's life What a Face

And I'm afraid there is no real solutions: Opening a museum ? Buying storage boxes ? Changing our ways of collecting ? stop your collection ? confused

The place we want to give to our addiction and the place our family could agree is important. I have several displays(click HERE to watch them in july) and I always buy THE LAST ONE... until I find a new and decide my wife to buy another one Laughing Now I guess I reached thenew displays limits.

I had several storage boxes but now nearly all my collection is in displays because I think Sergey is right when he say that our collections have to be everyday pleasure.

I don't have enough money to buy all the models or open a museum and I don't want to let my toys in storage boxes again. The only solution for me is to choose carefully the new additions and to leave the models I love less. I did this in my whole collector's life because it is important for me to not collect everything. The models I have need to be my favorites but, even like that my collection is slowly growing and I'm afarid I will have to make more choices in 2013.
Back to top Go down
Isabeau

Isabeau

Country/State : Gotham City

PostSubject: Re: How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ?????   How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:59 am

There was a time when my collection fit on the shelf of my desk. That time was long ago...

Now I am afraid I must clear my bookshelf of books to make way for all of my creatures. Only one shelf of books, the ones I love most, will remain. All else will become animals! Twisted Evil

lol! Susanne! It looks like the dinos are fighting for space now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48412602@N04/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ?????   How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ????? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you manage the SPACE CONSTRAINT ?????
Page 1 of 1