Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Is this really Elastolin?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

Is this really Elastolin? Empty
PostSubject: Is this really Elastolin?   Is this really Elastolin? EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 5:33 pm

After buying the nice resting Elastolin horse I got some more so-called Elastolin animals off ebay. They are really disappointing. Tiny, not made of 'Masse' (composition) but out of a sort of rubbery plastic with bendy legs. Are they really Elastolin? I know the Preiser animals, but they are made of a hard plastic and are hollow. These are massive, but not too well made, for instance it's clear to see, where they fused both halves together. Are they really Elastolin?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Is this really Elastolin?   Is this really Elastolin? EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 5:47 pm

I don`t know a lot about Elastolin, but the ones I have are not hollow scratch
Aren`t you thinking about Marx ?

The two largest zebras look very elastolin-ish to me, - they are wonderful cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Is this really Elastolin?   Is this really Elastolin? EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 5:50 pm

I cant help but a nice find cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Is this really Elastolin?   Is this really Elastolin? EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 6:04 pm

They are really HAUSSER ELASTOLIN from the softplastic 54mm line.

HAUSSER made BIG Composition models until the 1960's.
Then all the brands began to use plastic material.
In the 1960's and 70's HAUSSER made two different lines, the 54mmm and 70mm in softplastic. The 54mm was made to fit with the other European markets like UK and France were the 1:32 scale (54mm) was the standart.
In the eighties, HAUSSER collapsed and PREISER bought the 70mm molds which are still used nowadays.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Is this really Elastolin?   Is this really Elastolin? EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 6:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

In the 1960's and 70's HAUSSER made two different lines, the 54mmm and 70mm in softplastic. The 54mm was made to fit with the other European markets like UK and France were the 1:32 scale (54mm) was the standart.
In the eighties, HAUSSER collapsed and PREISER bought the 70mm molds which are still used nowadays.

HURRAAAY for the crazy Macaque, who is not so crazy as he says Laughing Laughing Laughing

sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Is this really Elastolin?   Is this really Elastolin? EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 6:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Thank you very much! Next time I'll ask you first, before buying expensive things on ebay that are not what they seem ... As they are too small for my collection, I'm gonna sell them off again. But thank you for your expert help! cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Is this really Elastolin?   Is this really Elastolin? EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 6:49 pm

You are welcome cheers

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Is this really Elastolin?   Is this really Elastolin? EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:32 am

They do have more value then your bigger models, i wouldn't sell them if i were you... Cool
They belonged to my most precious models in my collection, and they still are today.
Christophe told the story already, so i can't add to much to that.
Only that thet scratch easily, and then the bare colour of the mould comes through which would be a shame for the classics! farao

PostSubject: Re: Is this really Elastolin?   Is this really Elastolin? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this really Elastolin?
Page 1 of 1