Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us your Customised/Repainted models !

Go down 
+59
Joliezac
tonihan24
pipsxlch
RtasVadumee
Burgerenby
Bonnie
Caracal
spacelab
Giulia
Pardofelis
kessan
barracudacat
zirkoon
Dum_my
Noémi
koniminiatures
JonasV
ulinuk
Chris Sweetman
Bloodrayne
Dorkan
Steve170
GoldEagle
Melekh
AlvinCK
carlysulli
Yurumi
weaselfan93
lucky luke
Roger
SeanieP
Gulogulo76
shane ryan
SyLoBe
Regy
scot(t)
sortepletter
krista
skysthelimit
Saarlooswolfhound
Katty
PeGe
Sumo
ken yeo
Deseo
JackyLovertjex
STORMnl
animalluvr6
Elros Alvar
A-J
widukind
Ana
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Cyhyraeth
MartinH
HKHollinstone
Pluisje1998
Rio
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 8:56 pm

WOW !!! There is no end to your talents affraid cheers
I really, really love your repaints, - they are just wonderful bounce Applause

Bloodrayne wrote:
"SOMEONE GIVE THOSE DINOS A BATH ROBE!
THEY ARE NAKED!!!!!"  Embarassed Laughing Laughing

Uhhhh, yes !!!! Brrrrrr.. and it is still winter ! pale lol!

barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 11:05 pm

These are amazing repaints! I especially love your take on the CollecA rex. If he was actually colored like that, I'd definitely want him a lot more. He looks a lot more naturalistic.

zirkoon

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 11:11 am

my Pronghorns/Gabelböcke from Mojo and Safari Ltd.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and the Papo Impala
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Great repaints! Wonderful works Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 1:02 am

Great work, with your consistent repaints, these two pronghorns look perfect together. Nice work with the impala too! Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 7:55 am

great repaints Zirkoon Applause it's the first time I like Papo Impala, the manufactory paintins ruined the model IMHO. You give it justice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zirkoon

zirkoon

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 12:43 pm

Thankyou for you kind comments!
You're right the manufactory paintins of the papo Impala
ruined this Model.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 9:03 pm

Beautyful repaints  cheers

zirkoon wrote:
..... the papo Impala ruined this Model.

Yours is much nicer, but I still love the old one, he is just a black-faced impala Rolling Eyes Laughing

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 10:42 pm

Sometimes a little subtle retouch is enough for make a figure much more realistic.

CollectA's striped hyena: grey background turned tan, even stripes ending at same level near backline turned uneven and more tapered, secondary black stripes added on belly, zebra-like stripes on legs turned into more mottled appareance

Papo snow leopard: many of you know that this figure comes with plain black spots and a gaudy-like design of stripes on tail. I corrected both things a bit to look like more as in the very different and much more realistic promo image. Also added a bit of additional black dots in face/muzzle

Mojo Fun iberian links: face repainted, inner part of legs added dots, some slight touches on body spots and tail, black added as separation between toes and as claws
Original and customized:

Repaint of Mojo Fun quagga: white stripes made more realistic, repainted mane, white and black border in hooves adjusted
Original:

Customized:

Nayab genet:
Original:

Customized:

I think that I should customize even more for delete these bad traces of old painting such as the blurry body spots.

Safari LTD Toob Chinstrap penguin. Very bad painting flares corrected: black-white border in the head put into place, strap on the chin put into place, black of the bill extended/restrained to the bill, eyes painted. Black "skirt" turned white. White foot turned pink, white claws sharpened and turned black, bill sharpened, hind border of flippers retouched white.

Original:

Customized:

And from behind:

Happy Kin strap-toothed whale: tusks separated from muzzle with a cutter, transition from white to black around dorsal fin made more gradual.

Schleich tiger: painted backside of ears, teeth separation remarked with fine black lines, whisker black dot bases added instead continuous black lines, tapering of some of the body and leg stripes, added some stripes near neck and legs

Schleich sloth bear: sharpened claws, corrected black around eyes, painted black inside nose holes for make them looks deeper

Safari LTD harp seal: originally dark marks are pure silvery, with a steel tune. Painted black over them.

With my Schleich harbour seal turned into a Ribbon seal:

Colorata Skipjack tuna: I bought a metallic blue pen only for customize it. Blue shade in upper parts for correct the abrupt ending of blue at operculum, the strange series of blue spots in caudal peduncle and the strange arrowhead pattern of the black lines of body.

Original:

Customized:

CollectA red river hog: white designs added in the original black face, more white bordering ears and ear tufts, white line on the back prolonged forwards, some scarce white suffusion added on legs

(original as in this image from Kikimalou: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

CollectA diana monkey: white fur around face delimited, crazy eyes looking into different directions corrected, white on arms mare more suffused, white band on tights widened, black and red fur behind said white like made more contrasted

Original:

Customized:

And the face:

CollectA's Blainville's beaked whale: White dots reduced in size and made more horizontal tendency, shade of transition between white and grey on flanks, white dots added in said transition zone, white dots on tail fluke deleted, scars on body reinforced with very thin white lines, scars on tail fluke added, separation of greyish white and dark grey in the face reshaped

Original:

Customized:

CollectA Tasmanian devil: rosy maroon added on muzzle and feet, rosy maroon mark on cheeks added, rosy maroon pont over the eyes added, white bands on chest and rump made more solid, widened at center and tapered at extremes

Original:

Customized:

Safari LTD Good Lucks Minis, "bat" repainted into a Pied Bat:

There are many more figures in my collection with added subtle touches, for example the Schleich gemsbok, Mojo Fun gaur and African buffalo and CollectA springbok all have sharpened horns, the later also was a bit repainted. But with these critters that I shown in the thread is more than enough :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 1:55 pm

Very interesting post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! It is perfect when you show the original and the final result and it is also very useful htat you point all changes. Some, despite the subtle differences, improved a lot what shows that a little retouch make all the difference. Obviously I like especially the Iberian lynx. Very Happy

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 12:15 am

The original face of your Diana monkey almost made me spit out my drink.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 1:02 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 8:28 pm

Pardofelis wrote:

Nayab genet:
Original:

Customized:

I think that I should customize even more for delete these bad traces of old painting such as the blurry body spots.

Which finally I did! :)

Back to top Go down
Giulia

Giulia

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 8:47 pm

Awesome repainting! cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 11:05 pm

Version 3.0 is even more beautiful. What you've done with that figure is really great!

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 12:49 pm

CollectA:

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 1:04 pm

great job with the zebra!
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 1:26 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 7:05 pm

Pardofelis, You made a great job, especially with the Grévy’s zebra Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 9:03 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 10:42 am

I did'nt have yet the courage to do like you did with the Grevy zebra, but looking at your wonderful result, I could try soon! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 11:54 am

I agree with previous comments and your work is amazing, especially what you did with that zebra.

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 5:31 pm

Papo black rhinoceros:

Original:

First painted the eyes darker. Much after, I added paste to the horn for make it sharper.

Caracal suggested me to smooth the horn surface for avoid these bumps with more paste. Well, instead I did it with a file in the frontal part. But the big improvement is to have changed the yellowish coat by a much more grey one:

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 6:11 pm

Amazing transformation, it now looks so realistic! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 12:37 pm

A recent conversation with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] made me realize how inaccurate the paintjob of the face of Bullyland Asiatic black bear (Ursus thibetanus) was. The face is all tan, and only the muzzle should be. So I corrected it today, as well as did a more eye-pleasing shaped crescent on the chest.

And as I was customizing bears, I also took my Mojo Fun sun bear (Helarctos malayanus), this time the face have the perfect hues but the crescent of chest is very bad: very simplistic, too thin, just a wide open U. It should be more polygonal, wider and more closed. Many individuals even have it completely closed, leaving an isolated black spot in the middle. So I took my acrylics and did that:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us your Customised/Repainted models !
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next