Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pics of fallen Logs.

Go down 
+2
Philter4
Berlinzoo954
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

Country/State : Miami, FL

Pics of fallen Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Pics of fallen Logs.   Pics of fallen Logs. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:40 am

This fallen logs were created for a 1:12 scene, and i wanted to share the pics with you, the costumer who order them allow me to share the pic with you here, in some diorama scenes you need an extra touch of fallen logs and leaves, etc to add that extra bit of realism, the customer who order this fallen trees was extremely happy, and hopefully he shares some pics with us once he places them in his diorama.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Pics of fallen Logs.   Pics of fallen Logs. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:59 am

Nice, I have several stumps that I sculpted out of clay, it just adds more to the realism of the scene. Whom ever they are going to will be very happy.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: Pics of fallen Logs.   Pics of fallen Logs. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:07 am

Yeah Phil, he has not received the pieces yet, but seemed very happy, it is full 1:12 the biggest fallen tree is around 16" inches long, and the others are pretty big as well. He wants an Oak, but that is going to have to wait until after the Baobab is finished.

One recomendation for Asia would be try to find some very small tiny leaves, the smallest the better, i keep a very large collection of them, so i can send some your way anytime, to preserved them you need to refrigerate them for about 48 hours in one of those sip bags will do, take the leaves let them dry, the fridge would have killed all the bacteria, you can then play around and either glue them to the diorama, or leave them around the floor area loose.
Every little touch counts. And especially under the big trees, to have them there would be a very good idea.
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Pics of fallen Logs.   Pics of fallen Logs. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:20 am

I already thought of that, the Japanese kits have several different species of "dead" leaves, they are a mix of yellow and brown and you lay them out as if they have fallen off the tree in the fall. They can be painted, but the problem is they have species like oak and maple, no tropical plants. I have two options, first buy banyon leaves and paint them as dead fall, or just use the oak as the dead leaves, they are small enough that no one will tell when they are laying on the ground. I also am going to use one of the extra bamboo kits for leaves that are yellow and on the ground at the base of the bamboo grove.

A great suggestion, I guess diorama makers think alike.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Pics of fallen Logs.   Pics of fallen Logs. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:04 am

The fallen tree is fantastic, Danny.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Pics of fallen Logs.   Pics of fallen Logs. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:36 pm

Those fallen trees look awesome!
They would look very good in a European forest-diorama, where the tarpan, auerochs and wisent still roam...

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Pics of fallen Logs.   Pics of fallen Logs. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 11:35 pm

Berlinzoo954 wrote:
This fallen logs were created for a 1:12 scene, and i wanted to share the pics with you, the costumer who order them allow me to share the pic with you here, in some diorama scenes you need an extra touch of fallen logs and leaves, etc to add that extra bit of realism, the customer who order this fallen trees was extremely happy, and hopefully he shares some pics with us once he places them in his diorama.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Such beautiful detail!! Congratulations. cheers
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Pics of fallen Logs.   Pics of fallen Logs. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 5:55 pm

The fallen trees are beautiful. They look so real. I hope the buyer will post pictures of their diorama.
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: Pics of fallen Logs.   Pics of fallen Logs. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Thank you aandmkw and marinaneira.
I hope he does as well, i have sent him a couple of hints to join this forum, i had mention the LG to him before, but he never joined, i think maybe the playmobils and other things there did not really fit into his hobby. But this forum from our friend Torben is shaping really nice, mainly animal figures/collections, and a lot of landscape/dioramas and one of personal favorite Photography. I think that the adult collectors will be drawn more to this website than the LG.

There is a lot people that browse thru this forums but have never joined or never posted, i know that was the case in the LG, because i had individuals email me about auctions at times in ebay, and they knew of my post about the zoo and related things from reading in the forum, yet they had never joined the forum. Hopefully they do here.
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: Pics of fallen Logs.   Pics of fallen Logs. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Thank you Willy,
The landscape scene in his diorama is of an North American wooded area, but since the landscape in some regions of North America is similar to that of some places in Europe i'm sure they have a lot in common, since i like the study of landscapes, i have seen a few movies about a forest in Germany, the Black forest i believe, very beautifull,
and France i know has breathtaking landscape as well, i know there are places in the UK that there is a lot wooded areas as well. How about your Country Willy any forests there?
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Pics of fallen Logs.   Pics of fallen Logs. EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:05 am

We do have some forest area's too, but not very much anymore, as our little country is very crowded, specially in the west, where every city goes automaticly over into another.
But in the center part we still do have some bigger parts of forest, although not original as they where long time ago, they are all cultivated more or less.
We do have some parts where animals can live in bigger herds now, but made by man more or less.
In one of those parts lives a big natural herd of konick ponys and Heck cattle(re-breed from the auerochs)
The only original lowland-forest in Europe, is on the border of Poland and Belarus, called Bialowieza.
That is where the last wisents where saved, and the last tarpan and auerochs were shot.
Then there are some parts of taiga-forests in Scadinavia left.
Our country is just too crowded and too little for those big forest areas like in the USA or Canada.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Pics of fallen Logs.   Pics of fallen Logs. EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:10 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
We do have some forest area's too, but not very much anymore, as our little country is very crowded, specially in the west, where every city goes automaticly over into another.
But in the center part we still do have some bigger parts of forest, although not original as they where long time ago, they are all cultivated more or less.
We do have some parts where animals can live in bigger herds now, but made by man more or less.
In one of those parts lives a big natural herd of konick ponys and Heck cattle(re-breed from the auerochs)
The only original lowland-forest in Europe, is on the border of Poland and Belarus, called Bialowieza.
That is where the last wisents where saved, and the last tarpan and auerochs were shot.
Then there are some parts of taiga-forests in Scadinavia left.
Our country is just too crowded and too little for those big forest areas like in the USA or Canada.

Same problem for me, I live in one of the most crowded area of France, so no real forest and no wild life around me... You don't know how lucky you are to live in a such vast country.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Pics of fallen Logs.   Pics of fallen Logs. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:11 am

Haha, and you say that as a Frenchman with such a big country for European standards...
Holland is big as Miami and outer Miami together or so...

Next to that, you have your own jungle at home, with real living creatures, haha. Wink affraid

PostSubject: Re: Pics of fallen Logs.   Pics of fallen Logs. Empty

Back to top Go down

Pics of fallen Logs.
Page 1 of 1