Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA

Go down 
+20
bojan
Mastiffcat
MartinH
Silver Unicornis
Kikimalou
Ana
skysthelimit
landrover
animalluvr6
Sumo
HKHollinstone
Pluisje1998
scot(t)
Elros Alvar
Numa
Rio
SUSANNE
Roger
Cyhyraeth
SyLoBe
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012 - 22:45

yikes! how scary that the horses are so lame! (pun intended). my Waterbuck has a tweaked horn, but i figured that was just the usual horn bending that happens under pressure.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012 - 11:48

I got the waterbuck last week ( YESSS!!!! cheers ), and the horns were very well packed in cardboard....but the poor thing can`t stand. I have to but blue tack under his fees to keep him upright Laughing

bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012 - 17:10

I got the latest bunch of Collecta's from MPV and they're all fine, horns, legs...everything is perfect. Collecta is close to become the #1 brand for me! :)

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012 - 20:46

Well, recently I got Sable antelope female and legs are quite curved but she still can stand by her own Rolling Eyes Shocked scratch I like her anyway :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Oct 2012 - 4:24

does any piece from the prehistoric line have similar problems also!? affraid
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Oct 2012 - 5:26

Bowhead Whale wrote:
does any piece from the prehistoric line have similar problems also!? affraid

I only have a few and they have no bending problems. It seems even with a model, you can find hard or soft PVC scratch
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2012 - 19:39

I've received CollectA Okapi today and I must admit that I was very happy at first - beautifully packed and painted, the belly and face was hard, but later I've noticed legs... a bit astraddle, definitely too soft. But it stands, fortunately. Still, it is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
black unicorn

black unicorn

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 19:11

I have lots of Collecta horses, the Barock Pinto Stallion had a bended leg at once, and the TWH Stallion Bay Pinto can't stand anymore, but the Schleich Lusitano Stallion (Original Painting) can't stand anymore by himself either Crying or Very sad . Maybe it's just a matter of the temperature inside the glass cabinet the figure is stored in. Rolling Eyes

Andrea
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 20:13

So, it seems that only the figures with thin legs have this bending problem?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 20:51

Well, my beautyful gander with the wings spread out can`t stand at all Crying or Very sad

Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012 - 22:26

Almost all CollectA's hooved animals have thin legs, which can be easily cambered, and it is also a matter of all thin parts of a figure like horns, tails etc. Lets take the Schleich gnu for example - I can hardly move its legs. It's a huge difference between the material; CollectA animals are bigger, but even that their legs are softer.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012 - 20:43

Fisva wrote:
Almost all CollectA's hooved animals have thin legs, which can be easily cambered, and it is also a matter of all thin parts of a figure like horns, tails etc. Lets take the Schleich gnu for example - I can hardly move its legs. It's a huge difference between the material; CollectA animals are bigger, but even that their legs are softer.

There are always two sides on a medal: harder materials also means more breakable. Like the two Schleich horses I found broken in the store that was selling them... silent
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012 - 21:05

Bowhead Whale wrote:

There are always two sides on a medal: harder materials also means more breakable. Like the two Schleich horses I found broken in the store that was selling them... silent

Yeah, darned medals Mad Laughing

I wonder what has happened with Schleich, - perhaps it is because they must not use PVC and phalates any more.
I too have experienced new Schleich breaking, while the ones that are 30 - 40 years old don`t break Rolling Eyes

Well, I must say I prefer a broken leg on a model over putting poison in toys Wink

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptyThu 25 Oct 2012 - 2:39

SUSANNE wrote:

Well, I must say I prefer a broken leg on a model over putting poison in toys Wink

Right Susanne! Safety's first.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptyFri 26 Oct 2012 - 22:48

SUSANNE wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Yeah, darned medals Mad Laughing

I wonder what has happened with Schleich, - perhaps it is because they must not use PVC and phalates any more.
I too have experienced new Schleich breaking, while the ones that are 30 - 40 years old don`t break Rolling Eyes

Is PVs THAT poisonous? I have lots of toys with phtalates and PVC in them; and I'm still here to write in this forum... scratch
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Oct 2012 - 9:22

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Is PVs THAT poisonous? I have lots of toys with phtalates and PVC in them; and I'm still here to write in this forum... scratch

Very shortly :

Phalates are one of the reasons for the growing problems with infertility and in boys ( when they grow up), - not to mention the harm it probably does in nature, affecting the wild animals.

PVC is strongly suspected of causing cancer. Esp small children are at risk.
When incinerated it emits acetic acid, which kills our woods.

Yes, you are so right...we didn`t know ! What a Face
I remember when we used something called "Vita Wrap", which was made from PVC .
Among other things we wrapped chese in it, - and Fat dissolves PVC, so we probably ate a lot of PVC pale

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA   I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I don´t think I´ll buy more CollectA
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3