Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting

Go down 
+11
ken yeo
lucky luke
HKHollinstone
scot(t)
krista
SUSANNE
Sergey
skysthelimit
Ana
widukind
Kikimalou
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting Empty
PostSubject: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:06 pm

A few days ago I put my hands on the COLLECTA new Brown bear. As I already said, this odd model is also very attractive and deliciously made.

I guess it is a good reason to organize a meeting between a few Modern brown bears.

My COLLECTA invited the 2004 SCHLEICH Grizzly, the 2005 PAPO Pyrenean Bear and the 2005 SAFARI Ltd Grizzly.

But first, pics of my new COLLECTA  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The meeting !

A few portraits ?
SCHLEICH, PAPO
SAFARI LTd and COLLECTA.

They decide to meet their LINEOL Grand'pa cheers

Last edited by Kikimalou on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:49 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Many phantastic bears cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Very nice comparison photos Kiki! Thank You for that!!! cheers
My fav are Lineol, Papo and Schleich Very Happy
New collecta has nice face and details but I will probably never get use to his strange silhuette and micro head Shocked Rolling Eyes
But he has nice coloration and fur texture and good eyes, I like it Very Happy Congratulations for Your newcomer Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:19 pm

ana wrote:

New collecta has nice face and details but I will probably never get use to his strange silhuette and micro head Shocked Rolling Eyes
But he has nice coloration and fur texture and good eyes, I like it Very Happy
I have almost the same opinion, congrats Christophe cheers

Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:46 pm

...I very like your post Kiki! (I,ve made some copies!) Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Thank you Anna, Robert and Sergey  Very Happy

ana wrote:
Very nice comparison photos Kiki! Thank You for that!!! cheers
New collecta has nice face and details but I will probably never get use to his strange silhuette and micro head Shocked  Rolling Eyes  
But he has nice coloration and fur texture and good eyes, I like it Very Happy Congratulations for Your newcomer Wink

skysthelimit wrote:
I have almost the same opinion, congrats Christophe  cheers

Actually my favorite are the PAPO and COLLECTA. The SCHLEICH have a too big head as usual and the SAFARI Ltd need to encounter a good painter  Wink .
The LINEOL is out of this competition of course  Wink
Having them four in hands, I don't think the COLLECTA is oddest than the SCHLEICH or SAFARI Ltd, I'm sure you would get use to it because I thought like you first  Laughing

SCHLEICH

PAPO

SAFARI Ltd

And COLLECTA  Very Happy

And now it's time for MOJÖ or BULLYLAND to make this one  cheers

Last edited by Kikimalou on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:52 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:06 pm

...and one more... the candidate for Willy! Wink Laughing

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:26 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you Anna, Robert and Sergey Very Happy

ana wrote:

skysthelimit wrote:
I have almost the same opinion, congrats Christophe cheers

Actually my favorite are the PAPO and COLLECTA.
I wrote ALMOST the same opinion as Anna, because I don't like Schleich's Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:30 pm

skysthelimit wrote:

I wrote ALMOST the same opinion as Anna, because I don't like Schleich's Very Happy

Laughing So I almost agree with you !
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:33 pm

As long as we agree, ALMOST is just a word - easy to ignore Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 5:41 pm

WONDERFUL comparison, Christophe !!!! Sad(o)):

Thankyou very much, - and for the comparisons to pictures of living bears, too Very Happy
It shows how different they can look dependant on age, time of the year, gender etc... Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Kiki, thank You for the photos of real bears to show how different they can be. That's true, even one bear can look differently in Spring and in Autumn Very Happy
I already knew the photo which was probably reference for CollectA. And I still think the head of the real bear is bigger and neck shorter as well as the hump is smaller but I appreciate the nicely sculpted head and good paws :) Oh well, I haven't seen he figure personally and I guess it may be much nicer in reality. :)

About Schleich, yes perhaps this one is also quite odd, head is bigger than it should be indeed scratch (Maybe CollectA and Schleich bears could exchange their heads??? Laughing ) We will see the new one soon, hopefully better than Schleich 2012 polar bear Suspect

So, my favorites are Papo (wow I love the photo of "real Papo" that You found, wonderful) and Lineol now :) I also like my Tipple Topple cutie cat

Last edited by ana on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:30 pm

The Papo one is so pretty! I kinda want it now *_*

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:31 am

Even though there's something slightly odd about the Schleich, I quite like it. More than the others, it somehow fits the mental stereotype I have for a Grizzly specifically. (I think that's part of what Schleich does well: they fit stereotypes, even when those stereotypes don't fit reality.)

My favorite is definitely the Lineol, but putting that aside...I probably like the Papo the most, then the Schleich and CollectA. From there, it's a bit of a drop to the Safari. It is so poorly painted and I confess I have a personal preference against the fish in the mouth. It's really disappointing because I feel like Safari ought to have an amazing Grizzly sculpt.

Kikimalou wrote:

And now it's time for MOJÖ or BULLYLAND to make this one cheers

Ha! Laughing Laughing too funny. Definitely Bullyland-style.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:06 am

Great review Christophe bounce are the legs of the Collecta quite far apart?

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:56 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Great review Christophe bounce are the legs of the Collecta quite far apart?

Not as far as a PAPO Laughing i will make some pics...
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:31 pm

...And what do you think Christophe about first (2007-2009) Procon-CollectA bear (grizzly) models? scratch I think new CollectA bears are more better! Wink

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Sergey wrote:
...And what do you think Christophe about first (2007-2009) Procon-CollectA bear (grizzly) models? scratch I think new CollectA bears are more better! Wink

I don't have this bear and never saw one for real but I must say the new COLLECTA brown bear is more and more precious for me, maybe not my 2012 favorite but at least the best surprise for 2012. Cool
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Thank you Christophe cheers Sad(o)): study
comparisons for these beautiful Cool
and his images always fantstiques! Wink
Thank you to the others for their different point of view! bounce
For my part I have no favorite all its qualities and blemish but collected a inabituelle a pose and make good on my bookshelves and photo! Cool cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 7:37 am

For me, I will prefer Papo & Collecta. For schleich, I have to admit the head is a too big. But is cute!!

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 3:41 pm

My bear had only black dots as eyes, and a squint... I was very upset when I've received her  Mad I've repaired her eyes a bit but still looks weird...
Back to top Go down
Vondan

Vondan

Country/State : USA / Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Some one should make a Model of the Pizzly the Grizzly and Polar bear Hybrid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:54 pm

The topic I'm needing! Curiously the brown bear of my collection is the SOL90, of course not because it is the best but only because I was curious about the brand and decided to choose this one.
I'm geting used with the CollectA, I and my niece rejected the Safari because of the fish, anyway I think the salmon thing is very interesting and the Schleich was always in doubt. I like it, that's a good figure for a grizzly in my opinion, the expression is good, the hump looks correctly pronounced and the painting interesting. I never liked the Papo, the face has a sweet expression and that is all for me. I want to remember that there is a lot of diversity among Ursus arctos, grizzlies are very different from European subspecies and Papo is a Pyrenees bear, not a grizzly. It turns also hard to make a choice. I think the CollectA is also not a grizzly. I'll wait for next generation of Schleich grizzlies, I hope it is not smiling and with unexpressive body and strange texture of the 2012 polar bear. If it is as good as previous with a somewhat smaller head, it would be enough for me. I also hope the adultes are in proportion and in different poses. bounce
Thanks for great work again, Christophe! cheers

scot(t) wrote:
Even though there's something slightly odd about the Schleich, I quite like it. More than the others, it somehow fits the mental stereotype I have for a Grizzly specifically. (I think that's part of what Schleich does well: they fit stereotypes, even when those stereotypes don't fit reality.)

Scott,, Stereotype, that's it! Why I never thought in that word before while describing Schleich style? scratch
That's perfect!! Very Happy

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:12 pm

1. CollectA
2. Papo
3. Safari
4. Schleich.................... tongue

tyrantqueen

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:07 am

Vondan wrote:
Some one should make a Model of the Pizzly the Grizzly and Polar bear Hybrid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A Grolar bear would be awesome Very Happy Hybrid animals need more love.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting   papo - Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

Ursus arctos : The COLLECTA, SCHLEICH, PAPO and SAFARI Brown bears meeting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next