Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names

Go down 
+39
NMR_Okapi
Birdsage
Numa
WhiteLightning Wolf
sbell
Bowhead Whale
orcagirl26
LorenzoItaly
Tiermann
GoldEagle
phrog
QuollMate
AlopexLagopus
lucky luke
The-Toy-Chest
75senta75
K907
PeGe
bmathison1972
schleich61
Mastiffcat
Duck-Anch-Amun
skysthelimit
jarda
weaselfan93
Wildheart
sphyrna18
STORMnl
quagga
landrover
Joan Milelire
widukind
SommoDracorex
jhudstone
Kikimalou
Roger
SUSANNE
Ana
Froggie
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 4:39 pm

I have a few: the Bowhead Whale, the Sperme Whale, the Blue Whale and the black-and-white salamander (don't remember the nam, I will have to check my toy). The whales were released Under the name "National Geographics". It's the proof that National Geographics really used Playvisions models.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 5:52 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
I have a few: the Bowhead Whale, the Sperme Whale, the Blue Whale and the black-and-white salamander (don't remember the nam, I will have to check my toy). The whales were released Under the name "National Geographics". It's the proof that National Geographics really used Playvisions models.

That is interesting. Sorry for weird question but that is the only way we have to know if these figures were used in more than one set or bulk.
Could you please check these numbers for me?
blue whale is number 4, bowhead whale is number 5, sperm whale is not marked with a number and probably your salamander is number 4.
If yours are different, they belong to different sets from those listed at Toy Animal Wiki. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 5:13 pm

This is not a weird question. I noted the numbers and I will check when I'm home (I use the computers of the Library). I will tell you if the numbers of the whales fit with the original Playvisions use of the molds.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 7:04 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
This is not a weird question. I noted the numbers and I will check when I'm home (I use the computers of the Library). I will tell you if the numbers of the whales fit with the original Playvisions use of the molds.

Thanks in advance! Just take all the time you need and... by the way... it is nice to see you again more active on forum. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 8:18 am

sbell wrote:
I actually have a few to share! It's not really a group I tend to collect...at all. But I have some! Who knew?
Play Visions Gir Forest Gaur
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sean, even among what you do not tend to collect, we always find some really rare figures in your collection. The PV gaur together with the Yowies figure are not even listed on TAI. Shocked
More interesting, and despite PV TAI section seems to be already the most complete online source to the company, we haven't listed yet the Gir Forest set. We have, with some doubts, listed a gaur in Chitwan National Park set but no picture yet to confirm if it is the same of your gaur. What do you know about these two sets, Sean? :)

Last edited by Roger on Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Play Visions Gir Forest   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 8:58 am

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
I actually have a few to share! It's not really a group I tend to collect...at all. But I have some! Who knew?

Sean, even among what you do not tend to collect, we always find some really rare figures in your collection. The PV gaur together with the Yowies figure are not even listed on TAI. Shocked
More interesting, and despite PV TAI section seems to be already the most complete online source to the company, we haven't listed yet the Gir Forest set. We have, with some doubts, listed a gaur in Chitwan National Park set but no picture yet to confirm if it is the same of your gaur. What do you know about these two sets, Sean? :)

I bought some of the Gir Forest set sooooo long ago (~2001). The figures I remember getting being the Gaur, a chital deer, a tiger, an orangutan and a (not very good) jackal. It was, however, a set of 8, probably a gharial and some other reptiles (I was collecting differently back then, so I didn't get a full set). I imagine the set was mostly similar to the Chitwan set.

Unfortunately, I only have the gaur and jackal photographed; the others were let go long ago.

This is the jackal. It is not impressive.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 11:33 am

[quote="sbell"]
Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:

I bought some of the Gir Forest set sooooo long ago (~2001). The figures I remember getting being the Gaur, a chital deer, a tiger, an orangutan and a (not very good) jackal. It was, however, a set of 8, probably a gharial and some other reptiles (I was collecting differently back then, so I didn't get a full set). I imagine the set was mostly similar to the Chitwan set.

Unfortunately, I only have the gaur and jackal photographed; the others were let go long ago.

This is the jackal. It is not impressive.
/quote]

Sean, I moved the conversation to this topic. It is always very interesting what you have to share. Very Happy
I added both pictures on TAI and although the jackal is not as impressive as the gaur is, I am impressed of seeing that PV never stops surprising me. Shocked
Do you still have these figures? If you do and if it is not hard for you to find them, it would be great to know year and numbers marked on them. I suspect the jackal is a golden jackal that goes very well to a Gir Forest set. Now we have two National Park sets very similar to complete at the Wiki. It is incredible that we cannot find anything using the web.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 2:59 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Thanks in advance! Just take all the time you need and... by the way... it is nice to see you again more active on forum. Very Happy

Thank you!
This morning, Ichecked my Playvisions animals: you were right. Bowhead Whale is marked "5", Blue Whale and Marbled Salamander are marked "4", while Sperm Whale (for some reason) has no number on it. And despite the fact my PlayVisions whales were carded as 2National Geographics", the label "PV" is visible underneath them.
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Play visions   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Rogerio, I am almost certain that these are both the same set. It is Chitwan not Gir. PV would never release two different sets of Indian wildlife. Perhaps this golden jackal was the only one and there was never a dhole at all. Andreas sent me a photo of the set and it consisted of the elephant, deer, tiger, false gharial, langur, gaur, rhino and jackal. The orangutan does not live in India and was only part of the PV rainforest set. This I am 99% sure of.

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 3:28 pm

Anyway, here are my "National Geographics-PlayVisions" whales and their card.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 3:36 pm

weaselfan93 wrote:
Rogerio, I am almost certain that these are both the same set. It is Chitwan not Gir. PV would never release two different sets of Indian wildlife. Perhaps this golden jackal was the only one and there was never a dhole at all. Andreas sent me a photo of the set and it consisted of the elephant, deer, tiger, false gharial, langur, gaur, rhino and jackal. The orangutan does not live in India and was only part of the PV rainforest set. This I am 99% sure of.

When I bought the set it was called the Gir Forest set, in ~2000/2001 at realcooltoys.com (which is now closed). They might have named it wrong, but it was called that in the Play Visions catalog, and that is the name I always had it in. The real question could be, that since most of the 'Chitwan' set is a TAI mystery--how do we know it is a "Chitwan' set to begin with? There are only two photos on the TAI, and one is my gaur! Feel free to use the jackal one as well!

I think I may have gotten mixed up with what came with--but now that you say it, I remember a rhino and elephant (I doubt I had either). But now I am not sure about where the Orangutan came from. I don't have that anymore either.

And I know for sure that the deer was referred to as a chital deer (same thing as an axis deer).

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 5:10 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

This morning, Ichecked my Playvisions animals: you were right. Bowhead Whale is marked "5", Blue Whale and Marbled Salamander are marked "4", while Sperm Whale (for some reason) has no number on it. And despite the fact my PlayVisions whales were carded as 2National Geographics", the label "PV" is visible underneath them.

Thanks a lot, that is very useful and especially these pictures you uploaded, they show that these figures were sold in an endless number of sets. Shocked I haven't read any reference on card relative to Play Visions but, they are marked PV as you mentioned and we can see some National Geographic Society in the only Play Visions catalogue we know. study

weaselfan93 wrote:

With Play Visions we never know, there are several sets, some with the same thematics, almost the same contents or names. Maybe both existed with a similar content. As you see on bowhead whale's post, whales were sold under National Geographic Society set, there are still other sets with a large figure together with smaller, tubes, blisters, etc. Though, I agree the figure may be the jackal instead of a dhole. :)

sbell wrote:
weaselfan93 wrote:

When I bought the set it was called the Gir Forest set, in ~2000/2001 at realcooltoys.com (which is now closed). They might have named it wrong, but it was called that in the Play Visions catalog, and that is the name I always had it in. The real question could be, that since most of the 'Chitwan' set is a TAI mystery--how do we know it is a "Chitwan' set to begin with? There are only two photos on the TAI, and one is my gaur! Feel free to use the jackal one as well!

I think I may have gotten mixed up with what came with--but now that you say it, I remember a rhino and elephant (I doubt I had either). But now I am not sure about where the Orangutan came from. I don't have that anymore either.

And I know for sure that the deer was referred to as a chital deer (same thing as an axis deer).

We used to call that set Asian Animals set, I believe it was sold under different names and why not both National Park sets with the same animals? Thanks! Very Happy

By the way, I updated the whole first topic with everything as it is listed now on TAI. Rolling Eyes

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 8:04 am

No dhole??? Shocked cheers Sad cheers affraid Rolling Eyes

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 8:17 am

hm, this Asian animals matter seems to be very complicate. Maybe the changed the name, when they realized that at least the False Gharial is no Indian animal? Same maybe with the javan(?) rhino.

reminded me I should have placed the picture of the the nudibranch set here, too, not only on TAI:

I fear there are missing much more pictures here. I will try to update them on the first page during the next days.  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 8:54 am

Froggie wrote:

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 10:04 am

Froggie wrote:
hm, this Asian animals matter seems to be very complicate. Maybe the changed the name, when they realized that at least the False Gharial is no Indian animal? Same maybe with the javan(?) rhino.

reminded me I should have placed the picture of the the nudibranch set here, too, not only on TAI:

False gharial and Javan rhino don't work to any of these sets, I guess. As I lost some info during the end of last year, I am not sure about which evidences we had that the Javan rhino is not an Indian rhino instead and the false gharial another croc species. A marsh crocodile could work perfectly or even a gharial could be better.
I have made on forum and TAI a common list to the Asian National Park sets, changed the Javan rhino on forum to Indian rhino, though it is untouched on TAI and called the axis deer, chital deer instead although they mean the same.
Beatrice, your work on TAI is being priceless, so it is normal that you can't find time enough to update the topic. That's the reason why I updated the first post myself. Very Happy

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 10:36 am

Interesting nudibranch set .

very coloured and great variety.

thanks for sharing cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 8:13 pm

OK , I want only to informe that in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] there is a list of figures whose pictures are still missing at Toy Animal Wiki. Maybe you have any of them and may want to contribute to the Wiki. :)

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Roger wrote:
OK , I want only to informe that in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] there is a list of figures whose pictures are still missing at Toy Animal Wiki. Maybe you have any of them and may want to contribute to the Wiki. :)

Will you use the pictures of my National Geographics card? Just by curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 5:19 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

First I need your permission to use it, then, I need to start editing that section of blister cards to give a good use to it. Though, these card pictures are also very interesting to collectors, they help us to know what we are searching. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 10:39 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

First I need your permission to use it, then, I need to start editing that section of blister cards to give a good use to it. Though, these card pictures are also very interesting to collectors, they help us to know what we are searching. Very Happy

You certainly have my permission.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 3:49 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks Vallerie! Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 12:37 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

The only thing I ask in return is credit for the pictures I provide. You know, something like: curtesy of Valerie Lahaie or thanks to... something like that.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 1:01 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

The only thing I ask in return is credit for the pictures I provide. You know, something like: curtesy of Valerie Lahaie or thanks to... something like that.

Surely, Valerie, credits will be given.
I am just trying to open a page to these National Geographic 3 pieces blistercards but I have some doubts.
The card makes reference to 5 blisters (Dolphins, Predators, Reptiles, Sharks and Whales)
Though, I see only 3 pictured and the 3rd is not in that list. I believe those are Predators (grizzly, brown bear and polar bear), Sharks (not sure, great white, hammerhead and what?), and what is called the 3rd? Rainforest? (Boa constrictor, orangutan and red-eyed tree frog). OK, whales we already know (blue whale, bowhead whale and sperm whale).
Could you help please?

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 1:17 pm

I had one set 20 years ago that had a large tiger shark, plus a plstic tooth necklace. There was also one with a large angel shark plus a couple of small sharks. And I remember Walmart selling predators carded sets of 3 bears, 3 wild cats and 3 wild dogs (and sometimes the paint jobs differed from the 'normal--like a red coyote, or a darker cougar). In other words, there were a lot of variations in what the cards had on them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next