Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:49 pm

cheers Cool King Arthur with Excalibur Cool cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

:) sunny cheers Álvaro cheers sunny :)

Last edited by Álvaro/schleich on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:52 pm

cheers Cool Sir Lancelot cheers Cool cheers

Last edited by Álvaro/schleich on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Cool Out box. Cool
With anothers models "Sir Percebal" "elf archer" and "dragon knight on horse"

Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Only 2,50 euros Shocked affraid What a Face
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:53 pm

Lion Warrior
Archer
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Nice knights!!  Applause Applause Applause 

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks you Andreas cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:10 pm

widukind wrote:
Nice knights!!  Applause  Applause  Applause 

...Yes! But they are not CollectA! This is brand "Blue Box" http://www.bbicollectible.com/main/gallery.php

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Sergey wrote:
widukind wrote:

...Yes! But they are not CollectA! This is brand "Blue Box" http://www.bbicollectible.com/main/gallery.php

But are made by collcetA and Epixx  scratch
Back to top Go down
hawkins_zh

Country/State : China Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Tue May 20, 2014 8:10 am

They are BBI knights. I love them!

Hawkins Zhang

Last edited by hawkins_zh on Tue May 20, 2014 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hawkins_zh

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Tue May 20, 2014 8:15 am

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Hawkins Zhang
Back to top Go down
hawkins_zh

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Tue May 20, 2014 8:17 am

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Hawkins Zhang
Back to top Go down
hawkins_zh

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Tue May 20, 2014 8:21 am

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Hawkins Zhang
Back to top Go down
hawkins_zh

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Tue May 20, 2014 8:23 am

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]Here are some of my BBI knights. I think they are great and very hard to be found now.

Hawkins Zhang
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Tue May 20, 2014 8:50 am

Fantastic models  cheers 
I am happy this topic has been brought up again  Very Happy 

Elros Alvar wrote:
Sergey wrote:
widukind wrote:

It could be interesting to know what they are marked on the models  Shocked 

As far as I know, most older CollectA/Epixx are marked "Procon"  scratch 

hawkins_zh

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Tue May 20, 2014 8:53 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Fantastic models  cheers 

Elros Alvar wrote:
Sergey wrote:
widukind wrote:

Yes, Susanne, older Collecta is marked Procon.

Hawkins Zhang
Back to top Go down
bigboy

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Wed May 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Hello Alvaro,
very beautiful knights.
I do not collect animals, but knights, romans, fantasy figures, etc. in 90 mm size ( the same size of BBI figures )
I have a special love for BBI knights and romans, because they are very realistic. I have a lot of them...
In one of your photo there is a red knight ( perhaps a crusader ) with poleaxe.
This knight exist as standard on the bbi catalog as a templar knight on horse, that in is white, not in red and it has a lance with a little flag, not a poleaxe
Do you have also the horse of this figure ?
I am very interested about this figure...
Best regards
Stefano.
Back to top Go down
hawkins_zh

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Thu May 22, 2014 6:46 am

bigboy wrote:
Hello Alvaro,
very beautiful knights.
I do not collect animals, but knights, romans, fantasy figures, etc. in 90 mm size ( the same size of BBI figures )
I have a special love for BBI knights and romans, because they are very realistic. I have a lot of them...
In one of your photo there is a red knight ( perhaps a crusader ) with poleaxe.
This knight exist as standard on the bbi catalog as a templar knight on horse, that in is white, not in red and it has a lance with a little flag, not a poleaxe
Do you have also the horse of this figure ?
I am very interested about this figure...
Best regards
Stefano.

Hello Stefano,

I have some other knights with cross and some horses. I don't know if you mean that...Please see my pictures.

Hawkins Zhang
Back to top Go down
hawkins_zh

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Thu May 22, 2014 6:50 am

Hawkins Zhang
Back to top Go down
hawkins_zh

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Thu May 22, 2014 6:59 am

Hawkins Zhang
Back to top Go down
bigboy

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Thu May 22, 2014 8:51 am

Hello Hawkins,
beautiful figures. I have them all and I search others ( they are discontinued ) to enlarge my army.
They are by Schleich and by BBI.
The white knights are all crusaders of the teutonic order, a german religious military order of the middle age. They appear as teutonic crusaders because of the white tunic, gold cross and the crested helm.
The red knight is a french, because of the lily, the simbol of France in the middle age.
The Schleich serie of the lilies knights represent french knights, but I do not know why Schleich made them red, because the tipical colour of french knights was blue ( the flag of france was blue with one or more lilies in gold or other colours ).
The Schleich serie of the lions knights represent english knights, because they have the lion simbol , that was the simbol of England during the middle age. I do not understand why Schleich made them blue and yellow, because the tipical colour of english knights was red or red and Yellow ( the flag of England was red with three yellow lions ).
Lions and lilies are opposite armies, because France and England fighted for more than 100 years ( the 100 years war ).
Best regards
Stefano.
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Thu May 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Wonderful knight hawkins, and yes, bigboy is right with the teutonic order  Very Happy 

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Fri May 23, 2014 4:58 am

bigboy wrote:
Hello Hawkins,
beautiful figures. I have them all and I search others ( they are discontinued ) to enlarge my army.
They are by Schleich and by BBI.
The white knights are all crusaders of the teutonic order, a german religious military order of the middle age. They appear as teutonic crusaders because of the white tunic, gold cross and the crested helm.
The red knight is a french, because of the lily, the simbol of France in the middle age.
The Schleich serie of the lilies knights represent french knights, but I do not know why Schleich made them red, because the tipical colour of french knights was blue ( the flag of france was blue with one or more lilies in gold or other colours ).
The Schleich serie of the lions knights represent english knights, because they have the lion simbol , that was the simbol of England during the middle age. I do not understand why Schleich made them blue and yellow, because the tipical colour of english knights was red or red and Yellow ( the flag of England was red with three yellow lions ).
Lions and lilies are opposite armies, because France and England fighted for more than 100 years ( the 100 years war ).
Best regards
Stefano.

Woo, you are very professional about knights. Thank your for your explanations.

Hawkins Zhang
Back to top Go down
hawkins_zh

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Fri May 23, 2014 5:00 am

widukind wrote:
Wonderful knight hawkins, and yes, bigboy is right with the teutonic order  Very Happy 

Thank you. Yes, bigboy is expert of knights.  Very Happy 

Hawkins Zhang
Back to top Go down
bigboy

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Fri May 23, 2014 7:39 am

I love knights because I like middleage history of Europe.
Stefano.
Back to top Go down
bigboy

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:02 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Fantastic models  cheers 

Elros Alvar wrote:
Sergey wrote:
widukind wrote:

Hello Suzanne and all,
the situation is not clear at all.
In Europe they were sold as Epixx by Revell. When these figures were available, the Revell web site had a section dedicated to them.
In USA they were sold by Blue Box Toys as BBI. Some of the figures are also today in the BlueBox Toys web catalog.
Years ago I saw on the web some figure card market Comansi ( + BBI, if I remember well ).
If I remember well, the majority of the figures I bought ( here in Europe ) had the card marked BBI ( when I buy a new figure, the first thing I do is to unbox it and to put the box in the garbage...).
Examining some of my knight figures, some are not marked at all, some are marked under the feet ( made in China and BBI ).
To complicate the things, Blue Box Toys sold only on the american market some special colours french and english knights, that were not available on the european market. I have only two of them and I need a lot of them to complete my english and french armies of the 100 years war...
The official production ended some years ago, but an italian firm continues a limited production of the romans and of the knights ( not the whole original ranges, but there is not an official catalog to exactly know).
Best regards
Stefano.
Note: if someone want to sell his / her roman, knight and fantasy figures by BBI / Epixx I will be very happy to recruite them for my ever expanding armies...

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:59 am

What a confuse story, thanks Stefano for additional information! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bigboy

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:46 am

Hello boys and girls,
I have two new chapters about this argument.

The first is that there are some out of catalog BBI figures, that are colour variations. To my knowledge:
n.3 fantasy figures
n.1 knight ( the red crusader of the image by Alvaro ).
The fantasy figures are / were sold in italian shops under the trademark BBI and the name of the distributor ( Energy Toys - Rome - Italy ) stamped on the box.
I purchased two and I wait to purchase the third, that is the ork in red version. This figure is wonderfull, as his "twin", the standard green one.
The knight is a crusader with a red tunic and yellow cross on the shield, that you can see in an image posted in this topic by Alvaro.
In the Alvaro' s image this knight is on foot.This figure can stay as on foot as on a horse ( like Papo knights ).
BBI sold it in sets with other standard colour figures. I think these sets were for the US market, I have never seen them if not on the web. The knight has his horse with tunic in the same colours. The weapon is a lance with a little red flag, instead of a hellbard, as in Alvaro' s image.

The second is that some weeks ago I discovered BBI knights copies in an italian shop. I purchsed three.
They are cheap. I payed them 3 € each, instead of the normal price of the original BBIs, that here in Italy costs 5-8 € each ( foot figures ).
The box is similar to the BBI one, but without the name of the producer stamped on and an adhesive with the name of the italian importer.
The figures seems to be the exactly the same of the BBIs, also about the colours, but made with a very low quality plastic and badly Painted. Something to avoid to purchase. I wasted my money, but I was curious to "study" these copies.

Best wishes
Stefano.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:55 am

WOW!! Stefano, this is a whole detective novel affraid

Thankyou VERY much for all the info, - if it is ok, I will copy this to a document and save it in my computer ? bounce bounce

I am sure that after half a yoear I can't remember whare you wrote this info geek

bigboy

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi Susanne,
no problems for me: they are not government secrets ! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Best wishes
Stefano.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:30 pm

bigboy wrote:
Hi Susanne,
no problems for me: they are not government secrets ! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Best wishes
Stefano.

lol! lol! Thankyou Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)   

Back to top Go down

Epixx by CollectA Medievals and fantasy Knights :)
Page 1 of 1