Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!

Go down 
+39
A-J
LukaLeon085
Elros Alvar
black unicorn
Sergey
bojan
alexmotoc
skysthelimit
Mastiffcat
Ana
weaselfan93
MARTINLATIN
MartinH
Wildheart
Saarlooswolfhound
Robert
Bernyto
SommoDracorex
ze_neto
PeGe
trevok4
Sumo
Tiermann
ken yeo
SyLoBe
Joan Milelire
animalluvr6
Steve170
lucky luke
Yurumi
Kikimalou
widukind
HKHollinstone
sauroid
STORMnl
SUSANNE
scot(t)
Kristie
Roger
43 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! Empty
PostSubject: Mojo 2013 Sloth (STS) Project   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 2:42 am

As most of you know Mojo already developed some figures with teams composed of STS members but this time Mojo was brave enough to share the complete development of a figure with all members of the forum.
I think that's an exciting experience and it will be fantastic to follow all the steps neccessary to make an animal replica, exactly what we collect! Very Happy
That's not an easy task, once the species is a Southern two-toed sloth (Choloepus didactylus] - you can read about it in this Wikipedia article. study cheers
Now than the species is known, the next step is to choose a pose that would result in the concept of a modern brand replica.
Although they are almost always in trees, I believe Mojo will not release a sloth attached to a branch, so our participation starts here, showing pictures of this animal in a nice pose for Mojo and for us! Very Happy
I'd loved to see many members participating, even those who doesn't collect these kind of creatures, There is much more than knowledge behind a good figure and that's a tremendous experience to all animal lovers! I love you

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! Wookie199x173
A big thanks to Mojo and to all collectors who will contribute to turn this project in what we want, a wonderful toy! flower

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 3:52 am

What an amazing creature!

I'm having a hard time finding any photos of the sloth that is NOT hanging on a branch. If Mojo can capture the facial expression of the photo you just posted then the pose will be irrelevant to me! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 5:41 am

I'm having the same experience Kristie reported: I can't seem to find a picture of southern two-toed (or pretty much any type of sloth), where it isn't hanging from a tree. I found a video of what I think is two linnaeus's two-toed sloths in those little travel boxes for pets (like cats and such) and even there, they were resting on their backs, holding on to a little bar strung across the top of the box.

(The link is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/carnalcontessa/5561946443/in/set-72157624466744364/

I've found a few pictures of three-toed sloths dragging themselves on the ground and across roads, but they look incredibly awkward and ridiculous. The best one is this one:

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! 00little_sloth_on_ground
Again, this is a three-toed sloth, however.

So is this one, but I like the pose; even though it is in a tree, it seems like something doable.
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! 00sitting_three-toed_sloth_in_tree

Another three-toed, I believe; this time running. I can't imagine this would be what people would want (that is, an uncharacteristically-posed, dynamic, sprinting sloth...)
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! 00running_sloth

And then here is a sitting sloth -- and I'm pretty sure it is a two-toed, but not sure if it is linnaeus's or hoffmann's:
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! 00sitting_sloth1

From the point of view of making a figure though, it's kind of just an amorphous ball.

In terms of a pose, right now I'm leaning towards something along the lines of the pose we see in the second picture above (second from the top), with the animal sitting on the ground instead of in a tree, and its arm stretched out, resting on the ground (instead of clinging to the branch, as it is in the picture).

Last edited by scot(t) on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 9:35 am

That is a really, really brave project , - and a wonderful project !!!! cheers

Only,- isn´t it a bit strange to make a sloth that does not cling to something?
As Scot writes, it is almost impossible to find pictures where they are om the ground.
They are simply not made for it scratch

They look scared and almost pathetic without a branch Rolling Eyes
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! 400x-two-toe-sloth

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! 2-toed-sloth

Here is a link to one more http://www.flickr.com/photos/15016964@N02/3878960184/

But a solution could be to make them so that they can hang on a finger or a stick Very Happy
I found this one . Could it be an inspiration ?

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! Sloth-plastic-326a

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! Sloth-plastic-326b

STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:29 am

now i know for sure

they found the YETI

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 11:27 am

STORMnl wrote:
now i know for sure

they found the YETI

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Thanks to all! I really love some of the suggestions. IT is a hard task as I told and probably we will find a climbing one a more interesting solution. Anyway I already like some of the pictures here posted. Scott and Susanne, your ideas are great! It is natural that they look scared out of branches once they are very vulnerable in that circunstance and they rarely are out of trees. :)
Clicking here you can see in Christophe's website sloths from other brands, none of them is a Southern 2-toed sloth but helps us to have an idea. Idea I mean those aftter Schleich one because previous are prehistoric. :)
I appreciate your help and more suggestions are very welcome! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 3:28 pm

I L-O-V-E the one from Hauser Elastolin cheers

A very good and solid model also Very Happy

sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 6:11 am

i dont mind a sloth figure clinging to a branch. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:19 am

This is wonderful! I find Sloths fascinating.

The Playvisions on Christophe's site is a good pose. Would be great if Mojo could make it sitting or hanging on a branch, that would be fantastic bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:19 am

HKHollinstone wrote:

The Playvisions on Christophe's site is a good pose. Would be great if Mojo could make it sitting or hanging on a branch, that would be fantastic bounce

I agree cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:55 am

HKHollinstone wrote:

The Playvisions on Christophe's site is a good pose.

Hmmmm, does a sloth ever stand like that ? scratch

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:38 am

SUSANNE wrote:
I L-O-V-E the one from Hauser Elastolin cheers

A very good and solid model also Very Happy

HKHollinstone wrote:

I agree of course, PLAYVISIONS and HAUSSER are excellent sloths Cool I'm very proud of them. Nevertheless, I must say I prefer the HAUSSER, not because of an artistic superiority (they are both excellent) but because of the branch and realistic pose.

A modern sloth replica must be realistic and a sloth without a branch is a little bit like a flying reindeer, a Santa creature Laughing

I agree the " ground walking" pose is really odd... But what about the " erected arm" pose ? Like those one

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! Sloth-plastic-326b

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! Paresseux-5

Have a look at the web and you will find more "ground walking" pics than "erected arm" ones. It is definitively not modern for me, odd too, something like : We don't want to make a branch so... We find a half realistic and half fantasy pose.

IMHO, the Japanese manufacturers are very modern indeed, it's time for Western manufacturer to be so. If an animal is living on a branch, the replica too Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:12 am

Kikimalou wrote:

If an animal is living on a branch, the replica too Wink

cheers cheers

Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 2:21 pm

A very interesting :) but also difficult scratch project...
...I can only agree with Christophe. If a sitting posture with raised arms, then only
with tree branches.
A sloth must hang or sit in a tree branch, I think.
A natural pose without branches in my opinion would be just sitting and then usually sleeping or on the floor possible, which I'm with Susanne's opinion, that it seems a bit strange and not an attractive pose is for sale to customers.
One possibility would be for example a sloth with a removable tree branch that can be used simultaneously as a game environment.
I have been to many sloths in zoos seen and photographed, a proposal might still be with a baby? Is surely very appealing, too for the sale. Wink

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Good news folks!
For my part I find interesting compromise between PLAYVISION 1999; And the idea of ​​Yurumi with a young on their backs!
We need the claws are well curved Technical Info to have the choice to do it move on land or hang from a branch

cheers bounce drunken sunny study
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 3:13 pm

Here are some photos with Linnaeus's two-toed sloth baby. I hope you enjoy it.
Halle Zoo:
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! IMG_8254_Baby_Sloth02

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! IMG_8259_Baby_Sloth01

Here is an possible unusual pose:
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! IMG_8040_hang_on_Sloth Laughing lol!

Chemnitz Animal Park:
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! IMG_7035_Sloth_baby03

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! IMG_7069_Sloth_w_baby02

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! IMG_7085_Sloth_w_baby04

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! IMG_7071_Sloth_w_baby01
BG

lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 3:43 pm

That is what I think?? study
I did a quick installation with previous images! Wink

here is the result ..... Very Happy

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! Sts_sl10

lol!
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 6:06 pm

First, I want to say thank you to Mojo, It's great that they appreciate collectors input and it's a very exciting prospect!!

For me, a sloth must be hanging on a branch.

I think the Hausser pose is the pose to work around. But I assume if Mojo don't want to have a branch then this will be because of the extra materials used?

Even so, for me, a sloth must be hanging off a branch :)

Yurumi

Yurumi

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 6:46 pm

lucky luke wrote:
That is what I think?? study
I did a quick installation with previous images! Wink

here is the result ..... Very Happy

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! Sts_sl10

lol!

Hey Luke,
very nice work, I just believe that sloth babies hold on more on the belly of the mother, than on the back...or scratch scratch scratch ???

animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Such a fantastic idea! Its so nice of Mojo to listen to the collectors ideas and wants! Very Happy
As far as the position of the sloth, it does seem awkward to have a sloth on the ground. Maybe they should just make a removeable branch like Yurumi said. Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Ralf thank you for this clarification!
I had not seen your pictures cheers Wink farao

study

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! Sts_sl11
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:28 pm

lucky luke wrote:
Ralf thank you for this clarification!
I had not seen your pictures cheers Wink farao

study

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! Sts_sl11

Yes Luke, it´s fantastic so. cheers

Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Hello friends.

Firt of all a big thank you to Mojo and to Roger cheers it's very very nice that brands ask to collectors for that questions.
I think I'm being late to say something because I'm totally agreed with somebody who posted before:

Kikimalou wrote:
If an animal is living on a branch, the replica too Wink

But as Ralf says:

Yurumi wrote:
One possibility would be for example a sloth with a removable tree branch (...)

I want to say anything else (now without "quotes" Laughing ): one important thing for me (and for other collectors) is the scale (yes I now, that question). I hope the replica will be a smaller figure than the wild republic sloth What a Face A half of wild republic's one size maybe?

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:09 pm

I want again say thanks to all, I'm following all of your comments and good ideas! Idea
I'm very proud of the members of this forum and as soon as I have some feedback from Mojo I'll let you know.
You can of course give ideas of sloths in branches, I only told that I believe Mojo will make it without branch but that's only a thought. scratch Looking forward to see more suggestions and ideas! bounce

Kikimalou wrote:

A modern sloth replica must be realistic and a sloth without a branch is a little bit like a flying reindeer, a Santa creature Laughing
IMHO, the Japanese manufacturers are very modern indeed, it's time for Western manufacturer to be so. If an animal is living on a branch, the replica too Wink

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! Coal1

Koalas spend almost as much time in trees than sloths and I'm glad Mojo hasn't released it without branches. Lik some monkeys too! monkey Very Happy
I think Christophe that you mean that sloths in the ground don't look confortable not even apealing. scratch
Also we are collectors and we love to see the figures in shelves and a sloth in a branch looks much better than dragging. We don't mind with the playability of a figure But, we are collectors and Mojo wants our opinion so we are going in the correct way, I guess. Wink monkey

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next