Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)

Go down 
+29
Steve170
bmathison1972
jarda
NightLioness
Tove
Wilorvise
landrover
lucky luke
Tarunyada
Taos
Florian
JonasV
teardrop
carlysulli
animalluvr6
Roger
Gulogulo76
castlerigg
krista
Wildheart
Ana
SUSANNE
ken yeo
scot(t)
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
HKHollinstone
weaselfan93
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 4:52 pm

Subfamilies Taxidiinae, Mellivorinae, and Melinae (badgers)
1. American badger, Taxidea taxus (Safari Ltd.)
2. honey badger, Mellivora capensis (Mojo Fun)
I had bought the Safari figure late last year when it first came out, but after much deliberation I decided it was too big (compared to other miscellaneous carnivorans). So, I recently replaced it with the Mojo male figure. I might get his mate someday.
3. European badger, Meles meles (Schleich)
I was lucky to find this on eBay in the US; it is the better than others still readily available!

Note: The Kaiyodo Japanese badger (Meles anakuma) was available, but it just didn't grab me. Normally a Kaiyodo figure is a given if it is in a good size for my needs, but something about this figure came across as a little too cartoony for me. Maybe it was a bad publicity photo. I still may end up getting in later some day.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Subfamily Guloninae (martens and wolverine)
1. wolverine, Gulo gulo (Safari Ltd.)
At first I had planned to get the Mojo Fun figure, but when I went to buy this species, it was no longer available from my go-to sources. I bought the Safari one instead and now that I have it, I really really like it!
2. Japanese marten, Martes melampus (Kaiyodo)
3. sable, Martes zibellina (Kaiyodo)

Subfamily Lutrinae (otters)
1. sea otter, Enhydra lutris (Kaiyodo)
I wish one of the Safari MBA figures was readily available. Finding a good sea otter at a decent size is surprisingly challenging. This Kaiyodo figure is nice, just wish it didn't have the false-flat bottom.
2. North American river otter, Lontra canadensis (Safari Ltd.)
I almost passed on this figure, due to its size, but there just are not really any other good options readily available for the North American species.
3. Eurasian otter, Lutra lutra (Kaiyodo)
This figure undoubtedly represents the extinct Japanese subspecies, †L. l. whiteleyi, but because the status of that taxon is still a matter of debate, I will use this figure as a stand-in for the species overall. If I end up getting the type subspecies some day, there are plenty of options (the recent Papo one is nice).
4. giant otter, Pteronura brasiliensis (Yowie Group)
Wish it was a little bigger, but Yowies are small figures.

Note: I have the Kaiyodo Wild Rush 04 Asian small-clawed otter (Aonyx cinerea) on reserve!

Subfamily Mustelinae (weasels and minks). As I researched this group, I was suprised to come up with six species of Mustela (and I am sure there are more to get!).
1. ermine, Mustela erminea (Mojo Fun)
Mojo produced this figure in both the winter (ermine) and summer (stoat) forms. I decided to just get the winter form, to add variety to my figures! The repaint of the 'stoat' form that is generally available now is not as good as the original...
2. long-tailed weasel, Mustela fraterna (Safari Ltd)
I am happy this figure was announced and released just in time for me to cover this group! It might be a bit big next to its cousins here, but not overwhelmingly so (and besides, it is a unique species!).
3. Japanese weasel, Mustela itatsi (Kaiyodo)
4. black-footed ferret, Mustela nigripes (Yowie Group)
5. least weasel, Mustela nivalis (Kaiyodo)
This is another figure that was released in both summer and winter forms. I actually did not buy this figure. It was thrown in as a 'freebie' in a small lot I bought on Mercari (much to my suprise, as it was not in the seller's pics). The figure was intended to have its left front foot on a rock and as such, has a small peg under its foot. Mine came without the rock (probably why it was included for free) but luckily I was able to easily cut off the small peg and the figure stands just fine! The sculpt is nice, so while my figure is not 'complete', I nevertheless now have a nice least weasel figure! Had I not received this figure, I would have hunted down the summer version of the same sculpt. So, I still got what I wanted, just the winter form without a rock (which is fine). Who knows, maybe someday I will hunt down a complete figure, but this serves my needs for now.
6. domestic ferret, Mustela putorius furo (Kaiyodo)
This was sold in a pair, the other being the albino form. I retained only this figure, which exhibits the wild type color of the European polecat (M. p. putorius). If someone wanted, they could keep both and have this figure represent the wild type and the albino figure the domestic type. However, since this figure was sold as part of the Chocoegg Pet series, I will assume it is to represent the domestic subspecies. Besides, I never liked albino animals for some reason.

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 5:05 pm

Many variety in this mustelids.

Kaiyodo is the great manufacturer of these . cheers cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 3:33 pm

Great

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 2:54 pm

Congratulations on these great animals and thanks for the knowledge alongside

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 3:18 pm

Colorata

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 5:57 pm

Little black otter Laughing

Looks cute Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 5:57 pm

Thank you :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 6:25 pm

newcomer

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 6:50 pm

On my wishlist and I nice new species to add to my collection

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:24 pm

newcomers

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 11:37 pm

I love you cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 8:20 am

Thanks

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 10:13 am

Sweet weasels! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 6:43 pm

Thanks

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 6:48 pm

K&M

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 6:50 pm

Another wonderful figure! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 7:35 pm

Thank you again

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 9:16 pm

Very rare figure, congrats. cheers

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 11:44 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 5:21 am

Many thanks friends

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 6:28 pm

What species/breed?

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 6:33 pm

Advicot wrote:
What species/breed?

A ferret

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 9:24 pm

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 1:55 pm

newcomer

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 3:33 pm

fine otter! cheers which brand please?..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)   Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us Yours- Weasel Family (Mustelidae)
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next