Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clouded Leopard

Go down 
+13
scot(t)
ezhilan
animalluvr6
HKHollinstone
PeGe
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
lucky luke
SUSANNE
Ana
A-J
widukind
Fisva
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Clouded Leopard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clouded Leopard   Clouded Leopard - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:20 am

Cute clouded leopard Very Happy A really nice work Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Clouded Leopard   Clouded Leopard - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:09 am

Here are some better pics:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And the comparison with Schleich lynx:
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Clouded Leopard   Clouded Leopard - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:18 pm

That's a great work and clouded leopards are wonderful animals. Maybe the most beautiful cat that was never released among Schleich like brands. Very Happy
As you know Schleich cats are not in scale with each others but clouded leopards are very small, smaller indeed than a Eurasian lynx, so I think the size choice is very good. You did a great work with painting, anyway the first version, although not as rich as last one, is clearly indicative of a continental clouded leopard while the 2nd version, much richer and beautiful mix a little the characteristics of 2 species in my opinion. Anyway, clearly not a Sunda clouded leopard but again the continental species.
The pictures are great and the feline has a lovely expression, congratulations! cheers
I like specially the dark strips, you got them very well! Very Happy

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Clouded Leopard   Clouded Leopard - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:25 pm

Wow, thank you Roger for that comment, I didn't know there is a division of clouded leopards, I can always fix the pattern once again :) I also didn't know about the scale of Schleich cats. Thank you for such information cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Clouded Leopard   Clouded Leopard - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:51 am

Fisva wrote:
Wow, thank you Roger for that comment, I didn't know there is a division of clouded leopards, I can always fix the pattern once again :) I also didn't know about the scale of Schleich cats. Thank you for such information cheers

You're welcome. The division is very recent, it is normal not know about it. I think that with your age I don't even knew about clouded leopards. I remember very well talking with friends about snow leopards instead.Also it is still being studied once insular species present both patternations. Very Happy
I think your paintwork don't need to be changed. It is indeed very good, mainly considering how many markings you were able of of painting in such a small figure. Very Happy
The continental species, better known, has large clouds partially outlined while the Borneo species is darker with more and darker spots.
I enjoy a lot your figure also because you gave a somewhat Schleich style to it. That's a very interesting thing. flower
Borneo Clouded Leopard

Pony

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Clouded Leopard   Clouded Leopard - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:13 am

Beautiful! I do not collect big cats but I would swipe that up any day! Wink

AlvinCK

AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: Clouded Leopard   Clouded Leopard - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 5:42 am

Beautiful sculpt it is Fisva, and sharp paintwork of the markings too!! Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clouded Leopard   Clouded Leopard - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Clouded Leopard
Page 1 of 1