Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari ltd my realistic animals.

Go down 
+8
lucky luke
ken yeo
Kikimalou
bojan
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
LukaLeon085
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

Safari ltd my realistic animals. Empty
PostSubject: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:41 pm

The company makes animals more realistic than Scheich and Papo. Here are some examples.
1. Best Algolan Lion cub
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2.Best Zebras (of Plain)

3.Best bears (with Papo bear of Pyrenees)
(to be continued)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:20 pm

I agree that the polar bears are magnificent cheers

Schleich has made some very nice zebras, but I like the ones from Safari also.. Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:37 pm

Really nice collection!! Congrats cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:12 pm

I think it is a mistake to think that there is a brand that makes all animals better than all others.
My favorite polar bear is indeed the Safari. Angolan lion is a subspecies so you can hardly compare with others. I think zebras from Schleich are very nicely painted although I don't think they are masterpieces.
About the Papo Pyrennees bear you also cannot use as comparison once Safari don't have that subspecies and grizzlies and European brown bears have relevant differences in shape, coloring, etc.
Anyway I'm curious to see the conttinuation and follow your explanations. :)

LukaLeon085

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:26 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
I agree that the polar bears are magnificent cheers

Schleich has made some very nice zebras, but I like the ones from Safari also.. Very Happy

widukind wrote:

Roger wrote:
I think it is a mistake to think that there is a brand that makes all animals better than all others.
My favorite polar bear is indeed the Safari. Angolan lion is a subspecies so you can hardly compare with others. I think zebras from Schleich are very nicely painted although I don't think they are masterpieces.
About the Papo Pyrennees bear you also cannot use as comparison once Safari don't have that subspecies and grizzlies and European brown bears have relevant differences in shape, coloring, etc.
Anyway I'm curious to see the conttinuation and follow your explanations. :)

thank you Cool Susanne, Cool Widukind, ok Roger tongue !
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:52 pm

I only have the black bear. And it's fine, altough my favorite black bear is the one from Mojo, followed by the retired Schleich and then this Safari model.
I like your polar bears very much, not sure about the zebras (the Schleich grazing zebra is fabulous!) and that horrible fish in grizzly's mouth is the reason that bear didn't enter my collection yet (is the fish removable???)

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 9:30 pm

What I like with SAFARI Ltd is the search for realism, what I often dislike is the paintings.

Nevertheless, as Roger said, no company can hold the "realism cup" for all his models. I have some doubts with the zebras for example Laughing

Bojan wrote:

I like your polar bears very much, not sure about the zebras (the Schleich grazing zebra is fabulous!) and that horrible fish in grizzly's mouth is the reason that bear didn't enter my collection yet (is the fish removable???)

I still can't see what is so horrible in that salmon ?
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:11 am

Congrats LukaLeon085!

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:22 am

Christophe, about the grizzly. I don't see any movement in that figurine, it's just a bear standing there with a dead fish in his mouth. Maybe it's a pet bear in a ZOO, and not the one catching wild salmons in the river.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:11 pm

Bojan wrote:
Christophe, about the grizzly. I don't see any movement in that figurine, it's just a bear standing there with a dead fish in his mouth. Maybe it's a pet bear in a ZOO, and not the one catching wild salmons in the river.

Curiously I like best the figures without food although I believe it has a somewhat educative sense. But, even to make it is needed some life. That is exactly the reason why I like the Papo pelican with fish and think the fish on Schleich pelican looks absolutely silly even the figure is generally good. The Safari Grizzly and Schleich pelican would result more atractive without the fishes but it is also a very personal comment. Very Happy My niece don't like them because she feel sorry about the poor fishes, but that's not how I think once I also don't like the nut on Safari toucan and I don't feel sorry about the nut. Anyway, I would feel terrible if a brand was making a leopard carrying an antelope. geek affraid :)

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Bojan wrote:

Actually, it is not standing, it is walking... And I think the salmon is not the main problem on this bear, it is the painting.

SAFARI Ltd tried to make some unusual models, we can discuss to know if they succeed, but I like to see birds on a Cape buffalo or Salmon with a grizzly, it is more brave than making the same walking bear everytime Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:06 pm

widukind wrote:

Thank you Widukind cheers

Bojan wrote:
I only have the black bear. And it's fine, altough my favorite black bear is the one from Mojo, followed by the retired Schleich and then this Safari model.

I think the fish isn't removable. I don't try to remove it Razz

ken yeo wrote:
Congrats LukaLeon085!

Thank you Ken Yeo ! cheers

I like it because it Safari makes educational models. You learn things from animal models. I'm sorry that does not attack more tag information.
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

PostSubject: part II   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 pm

My antelopes: the Lesser Kudu, Thomson's gazelle (Schleich), Arabian Oryx and the Black Antelope..

the Lycaon and her puppies, as in reality:

The chimp with puppy, as in reality:
the mother's face is dark
TO BE CONTINUED
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:31 pm

Congrats again!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:16 pm

They are all very good. Antelopes are excelent, mainly Arabian oryx, Common sable and Lesser kudu! Very Happy
The gazelle is also nice but not as good as Mojo Thomson's gazelle but you can pair them once the Schleich is a female.
Older chimps have usually darker faces and that's very good that the brand got it. Congratulations! Very Happy

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:43 am

Very nice wild dog pup herds!!

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:46 am

ken yeo wrote:
Very nice wild dog pup herds!!

Cool Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:43 pm

widukind wrote:
Congrats again!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Roger wrote:
They are all very good. Antelopes are excelent, mainly Arabian oryx, Common sable and Lesser kudu! Very Happy
The gazelle is also nice but not as good as Mojo Thomson's gazelle but you can pair them once the Schleich is a female.
Older chimps have usually darker faces and that's very good that the brand got it. Congratulations! Very Happy

Thank Widukind What a Face
Thank Roger for Mojo info geek
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Roger wrote:
Bojan wrote:
My niece don't like them because she feel sorry about the poor fishes, but that's not how I think once I also don't like the nut on Safari toucan and I don't feel sorry about the nut. Anyway, I would feel terrible if a brand was making a leopard carrying an antelope. geek affraid :)

..and why? i'd really like to see a leopard doing leopard things and not just posing wild or looking like a piece of bubblegum,....
It'll also be a chance to see a proper leopard figurine one day,.... Very Happy it's nature! a leopard with a nut in his mouth would be curious,..i'd feel sorry for the leopard then!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:07 pm

PeGe wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bojan wrote:
My niece don't like them because she feel sorry about the poor fishes, but that's not how I think once I also don't like the nut on Safari toucan and I don't feel sorry about the nut. Anyway, I would feel terrible if a brand was making a leopard carrying an antelope. geek affraid :)

..and why? i'd really like to see a leopard doing leopard things and not just posing wild or looking like a piece of bubblegum,....
It'll also be a chance to see a proper leopard figurine one day,.... Very Happy it's nature! a leopard with a nut in his mouth would be curious,..i'd feel sorry for the leopard then!

Philipp, .. and what about a bonobo making bonobo things? pale Laughing

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Roger wrote:
PeGe wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bojan wrote:

eating a monkey?;-p

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:22 pm

PeGe wrote:
Roger wrote:
PeGe wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bojan wrote:

eating a monkey?;-p

No, socializing and exercising procreation! tongue

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Roger wrote:

Laughing
i as wondering short after posting whether Bonobos also hunt monkeys or if it's just a tradition of some "regular" chimp populations,.... scratch

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:39 pm

PeGe wrote:
Roger wrote:

Laughing
i as wondering short after posting whether Bonobos also hunt monkeys or if it's just a tradition of some "regular" chimp populations,.... scratch

It looks more a chimp than a bonobo thing but bonobos also hunt flying squirrels, bats and this kind of animals. :)
Leopards usually hunt monkeys, you surely remember Lagadema? Anyway I don't feel very confortable talking about monkeys, apes and macaques. monkey Wink

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:38 pm

yay monkeys cheers Sad(o)): Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd my realistic animals.   Safari ltd my realistic animals. Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari ltd my realistic animals.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next