Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Loridena

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Now Im curious about how consequent schleich will be with the braids. Will there be Hippos with braids? Or will there be dogs with funny bows on their heads?
If there would be just one "Show-horse" it would have been ok, even it would have been a bit over the top. But when every horse is supposed to be somehow "special", is there any horse special? I dont think so... Suspect
Back to top Go down
black unicorn

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:48 pm

In my opinion the Shire stallion is gorgeous Laughing , the Appaloosa stallion is looking good also Sad(o)): (The Fell pony mare is also not bad.)

It seems the Appaloosa mare is almost the same mold as the TWH mare. scratch

I think I will buy all the new Schleich horses to have a complete collection, but the Schleich horses miss the spirit and the energy of the Collecta horses Sad .

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:41 am

My favorite is the Shire mare. To me she has charm to her Surprised And the foal and stallion, the stallion reminds me of Angus on Brave :) I can't wait!!!![/font][/font]
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:47 pm

I agree, Im not crazy about the shire mare but like HorseFriendzy said she does have a charm about her. I love the Shire stallion! Its such a beautiful pose and it looks like Im going to have to start collecting horses again! Very Happy Razz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:54 pm

I would love a Schleich hippo with braids. I love you

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:30 pm

First picture I found on google while searching 'appaloosa':
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It seems schleich didn't want to search too long for a reference photo scratch

http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:00 pm

I now understand why they discounted the clydales and brought the shires back in, because it is no point having two horse families that look very much like each other Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

-Kristie

how would that work
Back to top Go down
shane ryan

Country/State : ireland

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:13 pm

oh my god!!!!! thanks soo much :) there lovely !!1 especially the haflinger!!!

thanks again!!
Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:24 am

Has anyone else noticed that the new Lippizaner foal is the old Percheron foal? But with a different mane and tail,maybe a different pose? Suspect
Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:25 am

-Kristie
That would be cute! lol!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:43 am

I noticed that it is very very similar. I do like most of the new models, for different reasons, but many I probably won't end up buying, unless I change my mind when they retire. With the little lippizanner foal, I feel like they just need to stop being lazy (modeling so many "new" figures after past ones) and figure out how to make a model unique. I still feel like they went a little far with introducing so many white horses, and horses with braids. But as I have said before, that is just my opinion, I don't mean to make anyone feel bad, or offend anyone... just so ya know. :)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 am

HorseFriendzy wrote:

-Kristie
That would be cute! lol!

I will love to see it!

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:03 pm

I noticed that it is very very similar. I do like most of the new models, for different reasons, but many I probably won't end up buying, unless I change my mind when they retire. With the little lippizanner foal, I feel like they just need to stop being lazy (modeling so many "new" figures after past ones) and figure out how to make a model unique. I still feel like they went a little far with introducing so many white horses, and horses with braids. But as I have said before, that is just my opinion, I don't mean to make anyone feel bad, or offend anyone... just so ya know. :)
I totally agree with you... It looks like Schleich sculptors are pretty "lazy" in creating new poses...

Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:04 pm

HorseFriendzy wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that the new Lippizaner foal is the old Percheron foal? But with a different mane and tail,maybe a different pose? Suspect

I think they are only very similar. The Perchy foal is looking to its right, this one is looking to its left. But yes, they look very very similar.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:36 am

Oh damn, I just lost my night's sleep now because I found these pictures Razz (it's 2.24 in the morning right now). I'm so so so excited I can't possibly sleep! I really like them all, some more than others but I think the ones I like the least will look better in real life. It often happens.
They've finally realized that the beautiful thing about horses (among other things) is that a big animal can move so elegantly. Out of 14 horses, 9 are in a moving pose, progress yay cheers
My favourites, based on the pictures, are: Shire stallion, Appaloosa mare and Hannover mare. My jaw just dropped when I saw that Shire stallion. I actually like the braids. Free, flowing manes are beautiful of course, but braids are beautiful too. The Lipizzaner mare is my least favourite model (as someone mentioned, what the heck happened to her forelock???) but I like her braid :) The braids on the Haflinger are a bit random though, you wouldn't usually braid a Haflinger as far as I know...
Seems to be a minority opinion here, but I think the Shire mare is adorable Very Happy A bit too slender, but then again the picture might lie. I was really hoping they'd make a white Shire because that's a colour you don't often see, but in Britain they traditionally use white Shires (or grey, to use the correct term) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:38 am

It is always hard to comment these kind of toys! Kids love them, find them everywhere, children are usually very attached to brands and it is obvious the enthusiasm among them. Schleich is turning like a bad music that is only a hit because we hear it everywhere. bom
That's natural, I don't think Schleich sculptors are lazy, I am even more convinced that they make figures only thinking how appealing they are for kids and consequently for older collectors. I see that here, those that work with horses and know perfectly how they are, can see clearly that these horses are not made to be realistic. Sad
The large heads, chubby legs, fantasied eyes continue, this year even more with all these overdose of braids. I understand, anytime I go to a Schleich shop, the Andalusian mare is the horse that gives more enthusiasm to kids and their mothers. But this is exagerated and looks very unnatural.
I'm not knowledgeable about horses. I don't want to say that the Shire foal looks ridiculous because I have a huge respect for those who sculpt them, but Schleich is a brand that says that is educational and that makes the figures to be realistic, isn't it?
I'm sure the Shire mare will be a big success but that is not almost a Barbie horse, that is really a Barbie horse, withe or grey if you prefer, with these braids and even some eyeliner to highlight the eyes. geek It makes me feel how far feminine goes the design of this brand and makes me think how would feel a boy showing its new Shire mare to his friends.
The Shire stallion has a nice pose, very common in other brands, but the head is larger than the neck and not all the movement of the horse is coerent.Is it because of these heads that they are considered heavy horses? Wink
Appies are not appaloosas, only in color, that's evident even for me and the Lipizanner is the first Lippy that I see that is very ugly. In this case, the appealing design doesn't worked.
The Haflinger even looks to have the left leg longer than the right leg but it is surely the picture.
I understand why kids love them but nothing to learn with these figures, only some more for a world of fantasy. I only hope that Wildlife is not so childish. I still believe Schleich is a brand of animal replicas and not one more brand of plastic toys.
Sorry also for my long and late comment but it only means that the brand still deserves some attention from me.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Barricade

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:45 am

I totally agree with you... It looks like Schleich sculptors are pretty "lazy" in creating new poses...

The sculptors don't choose the poses, the creative managers do, so don't blame the artists.
Back to top Go down
MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:04 pm

The sculptors don't choose the poses, the creative managers do, so don't blame the artists.
OK so I blame creative managers...

Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:46 pm

But sculptors are responsible for conformational correctness - and majority of new Schleich horses lack it, IMO.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Barricade, at least someone that agrees with me. I also think that it is an intentional decision and not incapacity from the sculptors. I'll call them sculptors and not artists because when someone is subject of managers decisionsthe sculptor is not making Art.
I know you are someone very close to the brand and mainly a collector of fantasy figures. Anyway, you can see, in this figure, one of the most appreciated here, that it couldn't be the work of an artist. Who decided to make such a large head in this horse? To me it looks a donkey head. Who decided to make such huge eyes and nostrils? Doesn't it look more toyish with these characteristics? And the chest, who decided to narrow and misrepresent it when in the real animal you can see that it gives the all the strength and nobility to the horse? I'll not talk about the lack of movement on tail, weird feathers, short body, etc. I'll let it to experts.
Who decided? The extra creative managers....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:09 pm

I think the hair of the head and tail is the problem. Rolling Eyes
is so unreal. Crying or Very sad
Nostrils are well made. sunny
But who made this model is not creative Evil or Very Mad brand pays for copying the idea of a member of this forum. Wink
I do not seem very creative to see an image of a fantastic horse and manufacture modele as in the photo. Suspect scratch
Not very creative. Neutral
I hope Bilara is something different from what I draw. Razz
Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Think of it as art work,it doesn't have to be perfect :).I am very happy about the new horses.But when someone points out whats wrong with em you're kind of like "Oh " pale .And I know the Shire mare isn't all that great, but she looks like she's going to be loaded into the trailer for a show or somethin' with all them braids Wink. And the rest of the horses for 2013 look great .It's better than last year :), cause the Icelandic stallion looks kinda weird cyclops.And you don't have to buy them just to keep up on your collection,that would be a big waste of money Wink.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:12 pm

-Kristie
lol!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Well, even though new Schleich horses are rather freaky, and all of us hope they'd become better the next year, nothing would change, I guess Rolling Eyes Why should they produce better molds while people still get even these horses, anyway? They may not like them, but many of them will but the figures in any occasion (to complete the collection, for ex.) And some collectors are even satisfied with the quality and the design of these new Schleich figures. Our Russian youngest horsegirls cannot wait to buy them! Rolling Eyes
So there's no need for Schleich to change the strategy Suspect

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Today at 7:27 pm

Back to top Go down

Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next