Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:03 am

All new horses have weird long head. I'm 100% sure I won't buy Lipizzaners, Haflinger, I will buy Shire's because I love them. But if they continue to make such ugly figures, I won't buy Schleich anymore. I'm actually very happy with CollectA and they are improving and I will start to buy CollectA instead of Schleich. Schleich is getting worse and worse, and I bet it's all about money as always. They probably noticed the increase in cute figures' sale, so they decided to make it that way. No more realism is a big minus for me, and I'm sorry - one less customer for Schleich.
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:26 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Well, to lighten the mood....speaking of braids and barbie horses, here's my Penny-Pony.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I love you

I guess that's why I like the Shire mare. Very Happy

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I totally agree with you... It looks like Schleich sculptors are pretty "lazy" in creating new poses...

The sculptors don't choose the poses, the creative managers do, so don't blame the artists.

Barricade, at least someone that agrees with me. I also think that it is an intentional decision and not incapacity from the sculptors. I'll call them sculptors and not artists because when someone is subject of managers decisions the sculptor is not making Art.

Of course it is not the fault of the sculptors. However, Roger, according to your definition here, sculptors of any brand could not ever be artists, regardless of brand. Unless, of course, you actually believe that sculptors working for a particular brand are the ones deciding what kind of "style" that brand will manifest in its figurines. That is not an opinion on my part, but merely simple logic. The only possible exception to this would be a very small, fledging brand which is owned by a sculptor.

If you want art, make your own figurines, as Ana, Harriet, and others do here.

Phil, thanks for referring my name in your comment once for a moment I thought you were talking with Barricade once it was him who called artists to the sculptors.
Thanks also for encouraging me to start sculpting. As many sculptresses say on blogs, Schleich are perfect to start customizing, easy to find, relatively cheap and innacurate enough to we don't feel regret of doing it. study
I have a truly huge admiration for the sculptors you referred, they are not only talented as they have a huge respect for their work and for the animals they sculpt.
I also share the same respect for animals but unfortunately not the same talent. I will never be a sculptor, I can easily recognize my limitations, I'm afraid my lack of talent would be not even accepted if barricaded inside of a fortress of a huge brand that wants success at any price, at the point of ridicule such fabulous animals as horses are. I respect when a sculptors fails, but not when a manager publicite realistic toys and give us tacky toys only because the most part of the customers doesn't know what they are buying. You also surely don't like to go to a restaurant, pay a fortune to eat crocodile meat, and at the end someone tell you that it was chicken... ... ...

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:21 am

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:54 am

I totally agree with you... It looks like Schleich sculptors are pretty "lazy" in creating new poses...

The sculptors don't choose the poses, the creative managers do, so don't blame the artists.

Barricade, at least someone that agrees with me. I also think that it is an intentional decision and not incapacity from the sculptors. I'll call them sculptors and not artists because when someone is subject of managers decisions the sculptor is not making Art.

Of course it is not the fault of the sculptors. However, Roger, according to your definition here, sculptors of any brand could not ever be artists, regardless of brand. Unless, of course, you actually believe that sculptors working for a particular brand are the ones deciding what kind of "style" that brand will manifest in its figurines. That is not an opinion on my part, but merely simple logic. The only possible exception to this would be a very small, fledging brand which is owned by a sculptor.

If you want art, make your own figurines, as Ana, Harriet, and others do here.

Phil, thanks for referring my name in your comment once for a moment I thought you were talking with Barricade once it was him who called artists to the sculptors.
Thanks also for encouraging me to start sculpting. As many sculptresses say on blogs, Schleich are perfect to start customizing, easy to find, relatively cheap and innacurate enough to we don't feel regret of doing it. study
I have a truly huge admiration for the sculptors you referred, they are not only talented as they have a huge respect for their work and for the animals they sculpt.
I also share the same respect for animals but unfortunately not the same talent. I will never be a sculptor, I can easily recognize my limitations, I'm afraid my lack of talent would be not even accepted if barricaded inside of a fortress of a huge brand that wants success at any price, at the point of ridicule such fabulous animals as horses are. I respect when a sculptors fails, but not when a manager publicite realistic toys and give us tacky toys only because the most part of the customers doesn't know what they are buying. You also surely don't like to go to a restaurant, pay a fortune to eat crocodile meat, and at the end someone tell you that it was chicken... ... ...

Well, maybe you do have the ability to sculpt and do it really well. I know you know enough and care enough about zoological anatomy of many species, and that indicates a mind with more than enough ability to focus on detail. I'll make you an offer - if you try your hand at sculpting, I will too... Cool

I feel a little sorry for the Schleich sculptors, having to design these "cutesy" horse figurines. At this rate, they will be entering "My Little Pony" territory soon (with apologies to Barbie enthusiasts!). Let's hope that Schleich is sold soon and to an entity that will emphasize realistic yet somewhat "artistic" figurine designs.

By the way, here in the States, it is sometimes but rarely possible to find restaurants that serve alligator (but not crocodile). I haven't ever tried it, but I imagine that it probably tastes like a "gamey" version of chicken. I know from personal experience that frog and rattlesnake taste very much like chicken... Shocked Wink

Laughing I really read several times that thes kind of meat really tastes like chicken and what is curious is that a crocodilian is more related with a chicken than with a snake. :)
Anyway what is important is your offer. Please start sculpting, that's one of the things I enjoy most here is seeing what each one is able of making and see how people developes their talent. Very Happy
It is nice to see each individual interpretation of an animal. I love to see draws of kids representing animals, mainly when drawn from memory. Because of it I understand when Scott commented about stereotips and most designers or managers work a lot with this things to achieve a final result that doesn't have to be realistic when compared with the real thing, but match a kind of generic idea of what a certain animal looks like. I remember drawing parrots with huge heads. Of course they have large heads but in my draws they were almost twice the size. geek Laughing
Back to the subject, it would be great if Schleich called this series of horses something like Junior Line and started presenting a kind of Prestige Line with less commercial replicas and more directed to collectors. Idea

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:50 am

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Well, to lighten the mood....speaking of braids and barbie horses, here's my Penny-Pony.

I love you

I guess that's why I like the Shire mare. Very Happy

-Kristie
What a cute pony! I hear ya about the Shire mare. Hurry up Janurary bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics   Today at 11:33 am

Back to top Go down

Look what I found ! Other 2013 horses pics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4