Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay

Go down 
+8
SyLoBe
HKHollinstone
widukind
SUSANNE
Silver Unicornis
Ana
Cyhyraeth
Mastiffcat
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay Empty
PostSubject: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:26 pm

by some weird fluke of coincidence, two rare Breyers of colossal legendary status are up on ebay at the same time.

Collectors often talk about "grails". For Breyer collectors, The Copenhagen Belgian is The Grail, the one of a kind, whispered, legendary, magical model that most people aren't even sure if they should believe in it or not. It's known to be not merely a rumour because a photo of it standing on a desk at the Breyer headquarters was published in a magazine 25-30 years ago, but the photo was even older, and no one knew where the model was. It had basically disappeared years earlier. And here it is on ebay.

So what are the odds of a Babe the Blue Ox showing up on ebay at the same time?!?! Babe was a special run made in the 1960s for a restaurant in Minnesota, home of Paul Bunyan and Babe his Giant Blue Ox. I don't know if it's even certain how many were made, but it wasn't a lot. This is only the second Babe i've seen on ebay in 15+ years i've been ebaying. I know someone who has one - hers is in pieces, smashed to bits, found at the bottom of a box of junk at a flea sale, and it's still looked upon with awe.

All we need now is for an In-Between Mare to show up to complete the trio of greatest grails.

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:55 pm

I wonder what the final price would be.
The Belgian draft's already $4350, and five more days of the auction are left.

I'm not a fan of decorator models, but it's really interesting to have a look at the home photos of these HTF models.
But.. oh... I like the Ox Rolling Eyes bounce I so desperately like him!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Daria, be careful, please!!!!! affraid affraid affraid lol!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:10 pm

Cyhyraeth wrote:
I wonder what the final price would be.
The Belgian draft's already $4350, and five more days of the auction are left.
Maybe we'll have a new record? That would be insane! What a Face

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:21 pm

WOW Shocked

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Nice prices Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:32 pm

ana wrote:
Daria, be careful, please!!!!! affraid affraid affraid lol!
No-no-no, there's no room for him in my wallet What a Face Very Happy

Mangalarga
AFAIK the most expensive of plastic horse used to be palomino Alborozo. Well this draft horse has all chances to become a leader now, I think;)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Cyhyraeth wrote:
Mangalarga
AFAIK the most expensive of plastic horse used to be palomino Alborozo. Well this draft horse has all chances to become a leader now, I think;)
Plastic, yes, but he wasn't the most expensive model horse ever Wink Victrix painted by Carol Williams still reigns in this matter Laughing

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
Cyhyraeth wrote:
Mangalarga
Plastic, yes, but he wasn't the most expensive model horse ever Wink Victrix painted by Carol Williams still reigns in this matter Laughing
Yes, but Victrix was an artist resin, painted by Liz Shaw:) And I mean a plastic model:)

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:15 pm

I can't Believe the prices affraid

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:24 pm

Just... wow. Insane.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
JackyLovertjex

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:00 pm

Insane..

This one is 5000$ Shocked
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:31 pm

JackyLovertjex wrote:
Insane..

This one is 5000$ Shocked
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
don't worry, that's not likely to happen. People are always asking crazy prices - they see one rare Breyer go for $5000 and think all "rare" Breyers go for $5000 but, they don't know RARE Shocked from "rare" Sleep. I haven't seen signatures add a lot to the price of Breyers.

But i wouldn't be surprized if the Belgian goes for over $10K. I'm just surprised that Babe isn't higher than it is. What's probably happening is people who really really really want the Belgian aren't bidding on Babe because they're stockpiling their $ for the Belgian. I bet if Babe closed after the Belgian, his final price would be higher than closing before, since people who missed out on the horse would go for the bull.

My main feeling though, is THANK GOODNESS I DON'T COLLECT BREYERS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd be dying!!

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:37 pm

I can only say I´m SO glad I don´t like that Breyer haha!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:56 am

Now I don't feel so guilty for what I spent on Lionheart. Very Happy

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:16 am

Kristie wrote:
Now I don't feel so guilty for what I spent on Lionheart. Very Happy

-Kristie
lol!

shane ryan

Country/State : ireland

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:10 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
I can only say I´m SO glad I don´t like that Breyer haha!

same!!! its the most expensive horse make ever!!
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:01 am

Mastiffcat wrote:
But i wouldn't be surprized if the Belgian goes for over $10K. I'm just surprised that Babe isn't higher than it is. What's probably happening is people who really really really want the Belgian aren't bidding on Babe because they're stockpiling their $ for the Belgian. I bet if Babe closed after the Belgian, his final price would be higher than closing before, since people who missed out on the horse would go for the bull.

My main feeling though, is THANK GOODNESS I DON'T COLLECT BREYERS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd be dying!!

HA! i'm good! final price on the Belgian was $11,025!
Babe went for $4,550. one could consider that quite a steal, since if memory serves, the only other Babe sold on ebay went for about $9,000. Poor seller of the bull, too bad they couldn't have pulled the bull and relisted it after the Belgian closed.

and i repeat: THANK GOODNESS I DON'T COLLECT BREYERS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:26 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I would LOVE to be able to spent that ammount on a piece of plastic! Oh my God, that´s absolutely crazy...

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:58 am

Ok, so now I REALLY don't feel guilty for buying Lionheart. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:40 am

Kristie wrote:
Ok, so now I REALLY don't feel guilty for buying Lionheart. :)

-Kristie

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:25 am

Holy crap. I'm so glad I ran across this thread. Carolynn, you called it! over $11K. My goodness. My heart rate goes way up when I'm bidding $40 for a model. I'd have a heart attack bidding for a piece like that.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:39 am

scot(t) wrote:
My heart rate goes way up when I'm bidding $40 for a model. I'd have a heart attack bidding for a piece like that.
Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
shane ryan

shane ryan

Country/State : ireland

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:43 pm

11,000?????????????????? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

who has what money!!!!!!!!!!!! :0

some very serious collector!!
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:55 pm

shane ryan wrote:
some very serious collector!!
Or some very crazy collector Wink Even if I had that money, for 99% I wouldn't pay all of it for ONE model.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay   two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay Empty

Back to top Go down

two of the rarest Breyers ever, up on ebay
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Breyer-
Jump to: