Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Changing tiger into cougar

Go down 
+14
carlysulli
PeGe
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
Sergey
Roger
Kikimalou
Ana
widukind
tyrantqueen
A-J
SUSANNE
Elros Alvar
Fisva
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

Changing tiger into cougar Empty
PostSubject: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My mother bought me this toy when I was very, very young. I remember that it was one of the first tiger toys available in shops. It was hidden in a bag of old toys for many years, but recently I've found it and I thought if I should customize it. I wasn't sure if I should do it, because it has a sentimental value for me. Nevertheless, I've done it. And because there is no cougar figure available, I've decided to make one. This is what I've done by far:

Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Wow, is fantastic Cool cheers sunny How I can maked that? scratch
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Álvaro/schleich wrote:

Make what? ^^
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 9:27 pm

Fisva wrote:
Álvaro/schleich wrote:

Make what? ^^
Modific the model to make it as realiastic without the dought balls when you make a line. :)
What material do you use to modify it? scratch
Fantatsic modific cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 9:55 pm

Ah! Very Happy I've covered the plastic with Fimo Air Basic and I've made a head with Fimo Air Light. I love both of them. Both of them are cheap, but good, easy to shape and sculpt. The first one is like a ceramic, easy to make a shape after it dries, and the second one is very, very light, like a sponge, great for small elements.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Beautyfully done, I am very impressed !!! Sad(o)):

I think it is/was an old Max Carl-model from DDR, isn`t it ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] study

A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:13 pm

wow, awesome cheers I really love the head I can't wait to see the rest of the process bounce

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Beautyfully done, I am very impressed !!! Sad(o)):

I think it is/was an old Max Carl-model from DDR, isn`t it ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] study

Wow Susanne, you made my day :) The tiger was sold alone, maybe it was just a Chinese copy, but it looks almost the same!
Back to top Go down
tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:18 am

From the photos, it looks like it had that weird flock/fuzzy stuff on it. How did you get it off?

I hope it turns out nice Cool
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:07 am

Very nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:19 am

tyrantqueen wrote:
From the photos, it looks like it had that weird flock/fuzzy stuff on it. How did you get it off?

I hope it turns out nice Cool

See the drops on first picture? Water did work :)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:21 am

Congratulations, great work Very Happy Lovely puma You have now Cool I can't wait to see it painted! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Congratulation Fisva Sad(o)): I can't wait to see it painted Very Happy

Fisva wrote:
Ah! Very Happy I've covered the plastic with Fimo Air Basic and I've made a head with Fimo Air Light. I love both of them. Both of them are cheap, but good, easy to shape and sculpt. The first one is like a ceramic, easy to make a shape after it dries, and the second one is very, very light, like a sponge, great for small elements.

I will try Fimo because I'm not very satisfied with milliput.
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Ok thanks you :)
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:56 am

Woooo, finally Razz Need to correct the eyes a bit.

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:01 pm

Wow, he looks awesome affraid
I love his face drunken

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:15 pm

It is lovely! flower flower
If you want, you can give some dark coloring to the back of the years and mainly on the tip of the tail and it will be even more recognizable as a puma. When will you make an Iberian lynx! Laughing bounce bounce bounce

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Thank you guys for comments cheers Thank you Roger for tips, I will use them for sure :) I wanted to make Possum as a next figure.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:45 pm

A possum? Now you surprised me, for a marsupial a quoll was more expectable from you. study I also confess, while watching your puma, that your next choice would be a caracal. Anyway a possum is a very original idea, mainly if you make a species different from the two we can find on Science & Nature range. Very Happy bounce bounce

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:38 pm

Wow, that model is Awesome Congrats cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:28 pm

Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:41 pm

He's awesome!! I love the paintwork cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:16 am

I love the paint work too!

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Well, I've thought that the head was just ugly, so I've made a new one with completely different technique, I also changed the tail (of course I forgot about the darker ending, lol) and the paintjob. Now I'm going to make a tapir for Roger :) I'm actually happy with the profile of the cougar. I hope he will make a good companion to my incoming Safari Ltd cougar :) (The drops on the legs are from snow :) )

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 3:23 pm

Great! I think it's lot of improvement compared to previous painting, it looks lovely! Beautiful puma, congrats Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing tiger into cougar   Changing tiger into cougar Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing tiger into cougar
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next