Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Building

Go down 
+42
resti
pm64
Soki
Master_Cat
xfoxx
scot(t)
Tylosaurus
Mastiffcat
Tiermann
75senta75
schleich61
lucky luke
Gabe
SyLoBe
Bernyto
incha
twilighter
atabini
Roger
landrover
widukind
skysthelimit
Rio
cheyenna
Kristie
zbyszek
remowshake
ken yeo
Kikimalou
remrock02
Philter4
WILLYBACOMAN
stecal
SUSANNE
MartinH
Kiryuha
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
Suebeedo
Nova
Sergey
aandmkw
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

Country/State : Dirksland, The Netherlands

My Building - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:14 pm

haha nice collection there cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

But one thing, sorry but uhm there is something that should not belong with this collection as Carnegie goes affraid
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Schleich Ceratosaurus more like some abomination if you'd ask me :X
It didn't score well either, which is understandable:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sad Face seeing it under a Carnegie collection, sorry but this was painful to see xDD lol! lol!
For the rest yeah you have some true beauties there !!! Also saw the Carnegie Mosasaurus from 1991 cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Always love seeing those xDDDDDDD

aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Here are a few random photos from my building. Please excuse the mess. It is still way under construction or organizing.

My previous horse shelf. These will all move to the horse shelf and this shelf will be used for my custom painted animals.

Schliech shelf. I am thinking about putting all the dogs and maybe some of the smaller animals on this shelf. Haven't completely decided yet.

These are all waiting for me to be able to get to them and put them in their place.

That was just a quick teaser. I am sure the next time you see all these shelves and the previous ones they will not look anything like these pictures.
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks Andreas, Susanne and Tylo. I am glad you enjoyed the sneak peak into my building.

Tylo, I actually have 4 of the display mountains. 2 of them, the second one pictured and another one that I haven't taken pictures of yet, both have the animals glued onto them. They were both displays at a store and they apparently didn't want to sell those particular models. The one with the Schleich on it are not glued down and they will eventually make it to the glass shelf with the rest of the Schleich. I will most likely end up putting all Safari on the Safari displays, but that will be way down the line. I'm not too sure about the ceratosaurus either, but I had to have it.
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:50 pm

aandmkw wrote:
Thanks Andreas, Susanne and Tylo. I am glad you enjoyed the sneak peak into my building.

Tylo, I actually have 4 of the display mountains. 2 of them, the second one pictured and another one that I haven't taken pictures of yet, both have the animals glued onto them. They were both displays at a store and they apparently didn't want to sell those particular models. The one with the Schleich on it are not glued down and they will eventually make it to the glass shelf with the rest of the Schleich. I will most likely end up putting all Safari on the Safari displays, but that will be way down the line. I'm not too sure about the ceratosaurus either, but I had to have it.
Hmm I know the idea hehe I had that with a few StarWars Starfighters even that the Incom T-47 Snow Speeder didn't do me much, it also had to be here, but yeah a very understandable situation indeed Cool

MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:11 pm

OK... I have to catch my breath first!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
I´m totally in love with your collection! I can imagine myself sitting in the middle of your builging looking around for hours and hours and feel how heaven tastes!! This is stunning! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
aandmkw

aandmkw

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Thanks Martin. I am so glad you like my collection. I hope you will really love the small selection I sent as soon as you see them. I can sit in there for hours and always notice something different. Now you know why it has taken me so long to sort and set up my collection and that's not even all of it.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:06 pm

holy moly. that's amazing.

amy, what are the brands of the wild piglets in the schleich rack shelves, just to the right of the schleich wild piglets. are they collecta? Just curious.

Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:19 pm

scot(t) wrote:
holy moly. that's amazing.

amy, what are the brands of the wild piglets in the schleich rack shelves, just to the right of the schleich wild piglets. are they collecta? Just curious.

I think you are talking about the old Schleich baby boars, item numbers 14226 and 14227. They are on the grey rack. Glad you like them.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:11 am

ah hah! that makes sense. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:37 am

Wow! I love seeing photos of your collection! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:07 am

What a nice place Cool Thank you for sharing Amy. I understand you spent so much time... Shocked

I will often come back and enjoy your pics Wink Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:21 am

That's the biggest "Figure-Museum" I've ever seen... Shocked
Wonderful! cheers

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:49 am

aandmkw wrote:
Thanks Martin. I am so glad you like my collection. I hope you will really love the small selection I sent as soon as you see them. I can sit in there for hours and always notice something different. Now you know why it has taken me so long to sort and set up my collection and that's not even all of it.
I´m so excited :) Your collection is really unbelievable!!

xfoxx

xfoxx

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:50 am

Wow, that's amazing! drunken
Thanks for showing the photos, I'm sure I'll come back to this thread many times to look more closely.

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:21 pm

A lot of time needs to spend on arranging alone and look at the amount of animals easily reached 10,000.

Thanks for sharing!!

Country/State : The Moon, sometimes in Europe

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:25 pm

This is awesome :) I see you got a lot of cool stuff to store. Do you lack of space at home? Rolling Eyes

P.S. Nevermind cat

P.S. 2 Is your collection room close to your house? You have so much cool stuff! For how long are you a collector?
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:25 pm

Thanks so much everyone. I am so happy to share my collection with all you wonderful people. It has taken a while to get this far, but I still have a long way to go.

Jonathan, I believe, Master Cat, I do lack space everywhere. This building is a little bit of a walk from the house, but it is well worth the walk. I have been collecting Schleich animals since probably 2007 and started only in the last couple of years collecting the other brands. I started collecting Breyer when I was a kid and got my first ones when I was 13. I have always collected something though.

I will try to post photos of the progress as I go. It was really fun reading all the comments. Thanks so much for letting me share with y'all.
Back to top Go down
Soki

Soki

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:43 pm

Hey, your collection is very nice!!! Shocked So many nice animals. :) It looks like a nice big shop and museum and I like to walk around and choose some of it. I love you
Do you always write down which animals you have? At the moment I have only some animals and I decided to write it down in a list on my computer.
I showed your pictures to my boyfriend and he only said "oh, what have I done...?". Because he gave some Schleich-animals to me, when it was christmas and last month when it was my birthday. Before I had some of it, but they are old and I didn't collect. But when he gave it to me I decided to collect, because I always loved these animals. Since he saw your room, he is afraid that we'll need a special room for it in some years and he is responsiblde for it. Very Happy Wink
But I think it's ok, he collects itself and his hobby needs much more room. Wink
Your collection is very awesome!
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:55 am

Yes, folks, that's what a world-class collection looks like... Shocked :) Part museum, part shrine, part temple...surely the largest and most complete collection in the USA...!

Congratulations, Amy - I know how hard you have worked and how much time you've put into this project, but seeing the photos makes it clear how impressive and unique it truly is... cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
aandmkw

aandmkw

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:00 am

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments Inga. I didn't write down what I have, that is why I have many, many doubles. I have started trying to keep track of them by brands, but that is a lot of work when you has as many as I do. I am hoping once I finish setting them up I can catalog them better. I do suggest to start writing them down while your collection is small. I hope to one day have a picture of every single animal, but that may make my computer crash. cyclops At least if I group them by brand I can have those photos to look at. At least your boyfriend knows what can happen to a collection and might be able to prepare for it. My husband collects also, but he collects Hot Wheels and real cars. At least most of my collection is in my building and the house for now. His takes up a lot of room outside.
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:02 am

Thanks so much Phil. That means a whole lot to me coming from you. You helped me to get started on some of the harder and more unique figures that I have and helped me to start ordering from Germany. I am glad you like the photos.
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Hi Amy :) What is new in your building? :)

pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:47 pm

Hi Amy,

I don't know why I missed the whole story since the beginning so this thread is new to me.
The only thing I can say is that.....my jaw dropped and I am unable to set it in its right place!
Stunning, beutiful colorful collection cheers cheers cheers one day it could be a museum not joking....
thanks for the pictures please update this thread for everyone's joy! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:26 pm

I would love to update this thread, but it is a mess and I haven't had time to do anything in there. Between making the 3 dioramas and redoing parts of our house I haven't had much time to go out there, except to put more stuff in there and make it even messier. Hopefully I will be able to get some more work done in there soon. I will upload more pictures when I do. I am hoping to eventually get all the books moved out and all the scrapbook stuff so it will only be my collection. That may take a while. Thanks for all the comments.
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:44 am

So how is your building catching along, is it filled yet? xDDD lol! Laughing Laughing flower flower
I have to mention that this is a brilliant plan if you have the building space for it hehe, this sis surely one of the coolest projects I seen here afro

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Building   My Building - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Building
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next