Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Value of these horses ?

Go down 
+3
Mastiffcat
SUSANNE
Pluisje1998
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pluisje1998

Country/State : Belgium

Value of these horses ? Empty
PostSubject: Value of these horses ?   Value of these horses ? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:18 pm

Hello,

I found a few breyer horses for sale. But I would like to know what they're worth.

Stablemate Thoroughbred mare (Maureen Love)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stablemate Seabiscuit (Maureen Love)
Both horses

Classic Terrang, Azul (Maureen Love)
Mine will still be in the box

Traditional Shetland Pony, Pine (Chris Hess)
This one will be in the in the box

None of these pictures is mine, they are from the seller of from Identify your breyer.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Value of these horses ?   Value of these horses ? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:37 pm

I have NO idea what they are worth, but they are absolutely STUNNING cheers

Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Value of these horses ?   Value of these horses ? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:29 pm

of course every county probably is different, but the answer is "not much" - also depending of course on what you think is "a lot" or "not much". About the only thing that pushes a Breyer way up in price is true rarity and popularity, which means it's got to be really old and rare, or a very special limited edition, like from Breyerfest or some other special event.
But no matter what, it really depends almost entirely on luck and timing - who is looking for that particular model when it's listed and what they're willing to pay. You'll see a model not sell at buy-it-now and a week later another one is bid up to 3 times the price of the BIN.

I don't know how popular that particular version of Terrang is, but he's not particularly rare and since original issue Terrangs go on ebay for a couple of bucks to in the $20 range for new in box, that would be my top limit for any Terrang.

Palomino shetlands recently sold on ebay ranging from $6 to $25! go figure!

The stablemates, i can't see the photos so i don't know which ones they are, but even the oldest Stablemates rarely sell for as much as $20. even $15 is high. Original run stablemates still in original packaging can be got for $2.

but really, it all depends on who is buying at any particular moment.

the real answer is, what is it worth to you, what would you be comfortable spending on them. if you are not comfortable with a particular price, unless it's super super rare, chances are it will come up again and cheaper.

mind you, this is in the USA, and not taking into account postage.
i hope that helps.

for what it's worth, i love Terrang and adore the Shetland pony!

PostSubject: Re: Value of these horses ?   Value of these horses ? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 1:07 am

Wild heart your totally right, I don't even care what they are worth.
But I have the problem, I'm really curious.

I really love them.
I send an email to the seller of the Azul and Shetland pony.
Tomorrow my dad will help me pay the money for the stablemates Very Happy

I think the asking price is good. The Shetland pony is € 15 and Azul is € 8 if the asking price is still the same.
The three Stablemates are € 15 together. Breyers are really hard to find in the Netherlands.
There are almost no shops who sell them. There will be a few but I don't know where

I only know a webshop but they don't have these models Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Value of these horses ?   Value of these horses ? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:16 am

those prices sound reasonable, given your situation, the two larger ones being in box, and the age and quality of the Stablemates, since i'd be willing to bet that they are all from the 90s, and the two bays could be earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if TB mare turned out to be an original release. She's beautiful. congrats!

(i love the shetland!!!)

pipi6

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Value of these horses ?   Value of these horses ? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:04 am

Lol I used to use that box for photography but it gives em a funny color lol!

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Value of these horses ?   Value of these horses ? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:27 am

Pluisje1998 wrote:
I love this one, they had it in a few different colourways didn't they? I love this colour though. I love you congratulations on getting these, they're fab!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Value of these horses ?   Value of these horses ? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:27 am

wow, the Thoroughbred mare is just gorgeous!! I would buy that myself if I could find it and I've never before bought a Breyer horse.
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Value of these horses ?   Value of these horses ? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:58 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Pluisje1998 wrote:
I love this one, they had it in a few different colourways didn't they? I love this colour though. I love you congratulations on getting these, they're fab!

Yes, they did. Several colour variations. Most ebay vendors keep on naming Azul a rare one, but he can be found on Ebay or MH$P all the time (I cannot figure out what's rare about him in this situation, really Rolling Eyes ). As for the price- I got him for $15 NIB plus the shipping.

I see, you caught the bug:) Now we are going to have one more Maureen Love mold's fan, aren't we? Laughing Twisted Evil

Carolynn,
I believe the only RARE and rather EXPENSIVE Terrang is the original HR one Laughing Wink Almost all the plastic Breyer models made on the Terrang mold can be found either on Ebay or on MH$P without many difficulties (except the chestnut one maybe, and the palomino Ambrosia isn't that popular for selling:)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Pluisje1998

PostSubject: Re: Value of these horses ?   Value of these horses ? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 pm

@cyhyraeth

Yesss, I got the bug too.
I love her molds.
Only I haven't got a message back for the seller yet scratch But I'll be patient Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Value of these horses ?   Value of these horses ? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:53 am

Pluisje1998 wrote:
@cyhyraeth

Yesss, I got the bug too.
I love her molds.
Oh yes, they are absolutely stunnig:)

Quote :
Only I haven't got a message back for the seller yet scratch But I'll be patient Very Happy
hope the vendor's answer you soon:)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Value of these horses ?   Value of these horses ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Value of these horses ?
Page 1 of 1