Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

REPTILES from YUJIN

Go down 
+3
Philter4
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

REPTILES from YUJIN Empty
PostSubject: REPTILES from YUJIN   REPTILES from YUJIN EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 9:03 pm

A batch of new scaly friends came this year.
I'm very proud and happy to have them because they are not the easier to find models from Japan.
I want to speak about a reptile serie the excellent manufacturer YUJIN produced in 2002.
My collection is still growing slowly and you know I'm still on the hunt for such unusual models.
If you know a little bit about reptiles toys you may see that some of the models are made from the same molds than the 1996 PLAYVISIONS serie.
The main differences are the paintings and the material which is a softer plastic for the YUJIN.
Also the Japanese brand has a wider range...

And now, I hope you will enjoy the pics  Very Happy

THE GILA MONSTER
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

THE THORNY DEVIL

THE WATER MONITOR

THE KOMODO DRAGON

THE BAR-SIDED SKINK

THE COLLARED LIZARD

THE JAPANESE FIVE-LINED SKINK

THE KISHINOUE GIANT SKINK

THE JACKSON'S CHAMELEON

THE MARINE IGUANA

THE FIJIAN BANDED IGUANA [size=9]and not the THE GREEN IGUANA

THE HELMETED IGUANA

THE RHINOCEROS IGUANA

THE BASILIC

THE GREEN WATER DRAGON

THE GREEN GRASS LIZARD

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: REPTILES from YUJIN   REPTILES from YUJIN EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:00 am

They're fantastic! I love reptiles. I have two lizards, one looks like this one but a different colour THE KISHINOUE GIANT SKINK, then the other THE COLLARED LIZARD again a different colour, they must be copies I think as the quaility doesn't look as good as yours. But yours are really nice, my favourite is the THE WATER MONITOR.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: REPTILES from YUJIN   REPTILES from YUJIN EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:23 am

Kiki, awsome, I love reptiles. I want some in both dio's, some monitors and snskes hidden in the scene. I will also try to find a gharial for the river bank,
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: REPTILES from YUJIN   REPTILES from YUJIN EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:28 am

I forgot, here the one you list as green iguana is called Fijian iguana, the green iguana is the common iguana, Iguana iguana. There is a second Iguana species, I. delicatissima that I used to keep, it looked like someone put a rhinocerous iguana head on a green iguana body.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: REPTILES from YUJIN   REPTILES from YUJIN EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:50 am

Fantastic collection of reptiles, congratulations! I especially like the rhinoceros iguana and marine iguana models. Very nice I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: REPTILES from YUJIN   REPTILES from YUJIN EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 11:56 am

Philter4 wrote:
I forgot, here the one you list as green iguana is called Fijian iguana, the green iguana is the common iguana, Iguana iguana.  There is a second Iguana species, I. delicatissima that I used to keep, it looked like someone put a rhinocerous iguana head on a green iguana body.
You are right Phil, I mistaken myself because I've got nearly the same iguana from K&M named the green Iguana  Laughing

THE IGUANA - PLAYVISIONS - 1998

THE GREEN IGUANA - K&M - 1998

THE FIJIAN BANDED IGUANA - YUJIN - 2002

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: REPTILES from YUJIN   REPTILES from YUJIN EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 1:14 pm

Nice! I have many of Yujin's insects and crustaceans and they are incredible! I just ordered Yujin's Insect Series I and will post in when I receive it. Yujin may be the best in quality of the Japanese manufacturers.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: REPTILES from YUJIN   REPTILES from YUJIN EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:43 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Nice! I have many of Yujin's insects and crustaceans and they are incredible! I just ordered Yujin's Insect Series I and will post in when I receive it. Yujin may be the best in quality of the Japanese manufacturers.

My reptiles and I will be very pleased to welcome your YUJIN insects collection... Very Happy

For my reptiles, I don't understand excatly why ? Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: REPTILES from YUJIN   REPTILES from YUJIN EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:00 pm

Superb collection of reptiles there Kiki!
I did recognize some of the Playvision models you did send a while ago.
Very nice stuff!
And uuuhhh, i guess i know why your reptiles would like to see blaines insects coming on here...haha. Suspect lol! cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: REPTILES from YUJIN   REPTILES from YUJIN EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:23 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Superb collection of reptiles there Kiki!
I did recognize some of the Playvision models you did send a while ago.
Very nice stuff!
And uuuhhh, i guess i know why your reptiles would like to see blaines insects coming on here...haha. Suspect lol! cheers

You are right some are from the same molds than PV. I still miss some YUJIN reptiles but ok, they are not easy to find at a fair price and, like the chameleons, I already have their PV ancestor so it's not a big problem :)
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: REPTILES from YUJIN   REPTILES from YUJIN EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:05 pm

Beautiful lizards and your usual great photos, Christophe. I used to keep various lizards and worked in herptile stores. I think the Thorny Devil, Collared Lizard, Galapagos Marine Iguana and Basilisk are the best of this grouping. Does Yujin have a Mexican Beaded Lizard and/or Savannah Monitor, perchance?
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: REPTILES from YUJIN   REPTILES from YUJIN EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 8:48 am

schleich61 wrote:
Beautiful lizards and your usual great photos, Christophe.  I used to keep various lizards and worked in herptile stores.  I think the Thorny Devil, Collared Lizard, Galapagos Marine Iguana and Basilisk are the best of this grouping.  Does Yujin have a Mexican Beaded Lizard and/or Savannah Monitor, perchance?

Thank you Phil. Alas, no Maxican beaded lizard, only a Gila monster and no savannah monitor too...  No
But another Japanese company produced a set in 2009 with some poisonnous animals :

And what could one find in this set ?

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: REPTILES from YUJIN   REPTILES from YUJIN EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:58 am

Wow, that's a stunning gila monster. I have a friend who moved around a lot as a child, as his father was a television news weathercaster. He's the most dedicated herper I know, and he spent a year as a youth in Gila Bend, Arizona. He said there were only about three commercial structures there, including a general store, and he said the gilas would hang out in front of it. Below 100 degrees F. (about 37+ degrees C.), they remained immobile, but as soon as the temperature went above that, they would become quite active, and thus, quite aggressive. Of course, there are multiple reasons why one would really want to avoid a bite from one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REPTILES from YUJIN   REPTILES from YUJIN Empty

Back to top Go down

REPTILES from YUJIN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Japanese companies :: Yujin-
Jump to: