Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)

Go down 
+18
Joan Milelire
Seijun
baltimore zoo
JonasV
PeGe
HKHollinstone
Roger
Sergey
lucky luke
Andy DC
Kikimalou
black unicorn
SommoDracorex
widukind
Ana
ze_neto
donny ong
Numa
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) Empty
PostSubject: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:28 pm

This was created by special request from a supplier. This is probably the rarest creature in the range - its extinct! It was a shame to lose him earlier this year and this model has been created in his memory.

Again it is a prototype and further modification has been made - the neck will be extended, a commen pose amongst these Tortoises.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:34 pm

So sad it's extinct...

Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:35 pm

You know, I remember the first time I laid eyes on a Collecta model. It was years ago, and they never ceased to surprise me. This model is great acquisition for any collection!
Numaan wrote:
This was created by special request from a supplier. This is probably the rarest creature in the range - its extinct! It was a shame to lose him earlier this year and this model has been created in his memory.

Again it is a prototype and further modification has been made - the neck will be extended, a commen pose amongst these Tortoises.

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:00 pm

Beautiful tortoise Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:13 pm

A beautieful animal!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SommoDracorex

SommoDracorex

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:14 pm

widukind wrote:
Number 7...? Wink

black unicorn

black unicorn

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:37 pm

I love you Lonesome George I love you You won't be forgotten!

An incredible model of a wonderful race now probably gone forever. Sad

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 8:28 pm

Welcome on our shelves Lonesome George and sorry for what we did to your kith and kin.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 8:31 pm

SommoDracorex wrote:
widukind wrote:
Number 7...? Wink

More 10 but i dont know , because now extinct scratch scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Andy DC

Andy DC

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 8:46 pm

I couldn't believe it when i saw this, such a great model, something no collector could have ever dreamed a big company would make, well done collecta!!!
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:55 pm

widukind wrote:

drunken Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Cool
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:23 pm

exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:40 pm

widukind wrote:
SommoDracorex wrote:
widukind wrote:
Number 7...? Wink

More 10 but i dont know , because now extinct scratch scratch

Andreas, I hope you have a long life as a man and a collector. Anyway, you'll need to throw many figures away once many animal species are geting extinct in these days.
That's a tortoise that was extinct recently and belongs to the huge group of animals whose extinction is coincident to Humans. So, I think it deserves a little homage from your collection. Very Happy

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:54 am

He's great, looks just like that photo Sergey posted.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:00 am

breath.come back!

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Great work CollectA!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Nice tribute figure!
Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:05 am

Sergey wrote:
exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Oh..... I love you

It's extinct... Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:09 am

Roger wrote:
Anyway, you'll need to throw many figures away once many animal species are geting extinct in these days.

No! No! No! pale
I wish this would not happen...

Back to top Go down
Seijun

Seijun

Country/State : USA, OR

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:54 am

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Very Happy Great news cheers Lonesome George was not the last of his specie.

17 Pinta Island tortoises have been discovered on a volcano of Isabella island cheers
Champagne Sad(o)): sunny Sad(o)): sunny Sad(o)): sunny

I'm sorry I only have the news in French Click HERE.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Great news Christophe, thanks for the link. I remember reading that they were sure that they still existed, according with some genetics studies, but now they found them! cheers

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Very Happy Great news cheers Lonesome George was not the last of his specie.

17 Pinta Island tortoises have been discovered on a volcano of Isabella island cheers
Champagne Sad(o)): sunny Sad(o)): sunny Sad(o)): sunny

I'm sorry I only have the news in French Click HERE.

It's phantastic!!! cheers cheers cheers
wikipedia has been recently edited:
"A recent trek to Isabela by Yale University researchers revealed that there are 17 first-generation hybrids living at Wolf Volcano. [31] The researchers plan on returning to Isabela in the spring of 2013 to look for surviving Pinta and to try and collect hybrids in an effort to start a captive selective breeding program and to hopefully re-introduce Pintas back to their native island.[32]"

I hope they can find the father/mother of those hybrids Very Happy

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:00 am

Kiki, what a wonderful news Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): cheers sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Seijun

Seijun

Country/State : USA, OR

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:26 am

The 17 found tortoises were all hybrids, so technically George was still the last known pure Pinta tortoise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   CollectA 2013 Photos:  Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George) Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: CollectA-
Jump to: