Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Numaan

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:28 pm

This was created by special request from a supplier. This is probably the rarest creature in the range - its extinct! It was a shame to lose him earlier this year and this model has been created in his memory.

Again it is a prototype and further modification has been made - the neck will be extended, a commen pose amongst these Tortoises.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:34 pm

So sad it's extinct...

Back to top Go down
ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:35 pm

You know, I remember the first time I laid eyes on a Collecta model. It was years ago, and they never ceased to surprise me. This model is great acquisition for any collection!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
This was created by special request from a supplier. This is probably the rarest creature in the range - its extinct! It was a shame to lose him earlier this year and this model has been created in his memory.

Again it is a prototype and further modification has been made - the neck will be extended, a commen pose amongst these Tortoises.

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:00 pm

Beautiful tortoise Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:13 pm

A beautieful animal!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Number 7...? Wink

black unicorn

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:37 pm

I love you Lonesome George I love you You won't be forgotten!

An incredible model of a wonderful race now probably gone forever. Sad

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:28 pm

Welcome on our shelves Lonesome George and sorry for what we did to your kith and kin.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Number 7...? Wink

More 10 but i dont know , because now extinct scratch scratch

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:46 pm

I couldn't believe it when i saw this, such a great model, something no collector could have ever dreamed a big company would make, well done collecta!!!
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:55 pm

drunken Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Cool
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:23 pm

exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:40 pm

Number 7...? Wink

More 10 but i dont know , because now extinct scratch scratch

Andreas, I hope you have a long life as a man and a collector. Anyway, you'll need to throw many figures away once many animal species are geting extinct in these days.
That's a tortoise that was extinct recently and belongs to the huge group of animals whose extinction is coincident to Humans. So, I think it deserves a little homage from your collection. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:54 am

He's great, looks just like that photo Sergey posted.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
PeGe

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:00 am

breath.come back!

Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Great work CollectA!

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Nice tribute figure!
Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:05 am

exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Oh..... I love you

It's extinct... Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:09 am

Anyway, you'll need to throw many figures away once many animal species are geting extinct in these days.

No! No! No! pale
I wish this would not happen...

Back to top Go down
Seijun

Country/State : USA, OR

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:54 am

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Very Happy Great news cheers Lonesome George was not the last of his specie.

17 Pinta Island tortoises have been discovered on a volcano of Isabella island cheers
Champagne Sad(o)): sunny Sad(o)): sunny Sad(o)): sunny

I'm sorry I only have the news in French [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Great news Christophe, thanks for the link. I remember reading that they were sure that they still existed, according with some genetics studies, but now they found them! cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Very Happy Great news cheers Lonesome George was not the last of his specie.

17 Pinta Island tortoises have been discovered on a volcano of Isabella island cheers
Champagne Sad(o)): sunny Sad(o)): sunny Sad(o)): sunny

I'm sorry I only have the news in French [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

It's phantastic!!! cheers cheers cheers
wikipedia has been recently edited:
"A recent trek to Isabela by Yale University researchers revealed that there are 17 first-generation hybrids living at Wolf Volcano. [31] The researchers plan on returning to Isabela in the spring of 2013 to look for surviving Pinta and to try and collect hybrids in an effort to start a captive selective breeding program and to hopefully re-introduce Pintas back to their native island.[32]"

I hope they can find the father/mother of those hybrids Very Happy

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:00 am

Kiki, what a wonderful news Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): cheers sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Seijun

Country/State : USA, OR

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:26 am

The 17 found tortoises were all hybrids, so technically George was still the last known pure Pinta tortoise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)   Today at 10:57 am

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2013 Photos: Pinta Island Tortoise (In memory of Lonesome George)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next