Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola

Go down 
+26
Kiryuha
Tupolew Tu-154
JonasV
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
quagga
MartinH
MARTINLATIN
bojan
ken yeo
nyarlahotep
scot(t)
PeGe
HKHollinstone
Sergey
lucky luke
pouchedrat
ze_neto
Andy DC
Kikimalou
widukind
black unicorn
Ana
donny ong
skysthelimit
Numa
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Ah yes I know this picture. The horn isnt that long and yes will try to ensure the horn is longer than what you can see in the photo :-)
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 pm

Thanks! You're most kind. And merci, Kikimalou.
Numaan wrote:
Ah yes I know this picture. The horn isnt that long and yes will try to ensure the horn is longer than what you can see in the photo :-)

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sad(o)): bounce drunken Wink cheers
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 8:24 am

Numaan wrote:
This is the famous and one of the last discovered large mammal species of the 20th Century. The Vyu -Quang Ox known as Saola created for us as a special thank you for our support.

This is the prototype and a few more modifications are taking place to the hooves, back, neck , face and horns. The reason why many photos were released is simply due to deadlines and the requirement for the new catalogue designers.

Will send you a photo of the final version once I receive it.

This is a special thank you to all collectors and I am really happy that CollectA agreed to this. It is a super rare animal!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I thought it was the Anoa?
But this is a very must have animal for next year!!!
I love this animal already I hope to have alot of them too!
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:43 am

Oh... this model is super fantastic!!! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): CollectA is officially my no.1 brand ! They are great! Thank you!!!

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:24 am

MartinH wrote:
CollectA is officially my no.1 brand ! They are great! Thank you!!!

My no. 1 brand, too! cheers Sad(o)):

Back to top Go down
quagga

Country/State : Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:31 am

Collecta is definitely my favorite now. with Mojo coming in second.
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:35 am

Mine too!
El Número .1!
alien pig cat rabbit
Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 8:44 am

Numaan wrote:
The back will be rounder, legs slimmer, neck slightly longer, horns smoother and slightly longer and the face slightly longer too with eye adjusted.

bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:15 pm

It is very exciting to see such an unusual creature and also to bring some endangered animals. That is making educational work and I'm happy seeing a Saola. It odesn't matter if the pose is good or if it is very accurate. It is the best I know.
Anyway, as an enthusiast of CollectA birds it is a shame that CollectA hasn't released a single one this year.
I see the excitment of cattle collectors with brand rankings but I think less one bull or antelope and a bird wouldn't detract this enthusiasm. Very Happy

Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:48 pm

quagga wrote:

Nice to hear it but are you aware of all the new exotic species being released by Mojo? I think your quote above wont last long! Very Happy :)
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Roger wrote:

Anyway, as an enthusiast of CollectA birds it is a shame that CollectA hasn't released a single one this year.

Hi Roger, dont worry I have am aware of this. There were going to be at least 3 primates and 3 new birds for 2013 but due to the timespan and deadlines all of these were cut. Honestly the original 2013 list was nearly double the current releases but so many cutbacks were made.

I am on top of this and am looking forward to CollectA working on more birds, primates, reptiles and small mammals. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:55 pm

If I may, Collecta is such a bold company that should put off a model that no one has never done before: a bird of paradise
Numaan wrote:
Roger wrote:

Hi Roger, dont worry I have am aware of this. There were going to be at least 3 primates and 3 new birds for 2013 but due to the timespan and deadlines all of these were cut. Honestly the original 2013 list was nearly double the current releases but so many cutbacks were made.

I am on top of this and am looking forward to CollectA working on more birds, primates, reptiles and small mammals. Very Happy

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:58 pm

But which would you like them to do? There are 39 species of birds of paradise, so that is a lot to choose from... and would be a remarkable feat if they could pull it off. drunken
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:05 pm

When I tjink of birds of paradise, the firt one that comes to my mind is Paradisea apoda, but you're right: there are many species to choose.
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
But which would you like them to do? There are 39 species of birds of paradise, so that is a lot to choose from... and would be a remarkable feat if they could pull it off. drunken

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:09 pm

I do like that one, my favorite is the rifle bird. But like I said, they have sooo many to pick, and any of them would great.
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 6:01 pm

Ama Laughing Sad(o)): Razz cheers zing, just lovely animal!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Great figure. It is good from collecta, that they make rare animals. bounce

I hope this will come until march and not like 2012 in autumn. Mad

They should make also javan rhino and paca. cheers

Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:06 am

Numaan wrote:
quagga wrote:

Nice to hear it but are you aware of all the new exotic species being released by Mojo? I think your quote above wont last long! Very Happy :)

Mojo is releasing some very interesting species, but I think the quality would not match that of CollectA's.

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:38 am

donny ong wrote:
Numaan wrote:
quagga wrote:

Mojo is releasing some very interesting species, but I think the quality would not match that of CollectA's.

Maybe; but it's really hard to say. I would put my three favorite Mojo models from 2012 up against my three favorite 2012 CollectAs. The Hippopotamus, Wolverine, and Sable for Mojo, and the Giraffe, Striped Hyena, and Giant Eland for CollectA. We're all so ridiculously fortunate even to be having this discussion: Mojo and CollectA both gave us fabulous figures this year and it looks like they're both poised to give us more fantastic figures this coming year. I'm going poor just thinking about it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:47 am

(I have to say, it's really interesting to me that despite my excitement over the variety of interesting species that both CollectA and Mojo have given us and are promising for this coming year, my top favorites from each company in 2012 was a classic, non-exotic animal. "Non-exotic" from the point of view of the collector of toy animals, I mean. I thought the stand-out figure for CollectA was the Giraffe, and the stand-out figure for Mojo was the Hippo.

Sometimes, the timeworn standards are just what the doctor ordered. Hey hey.)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:58 am

scot(t) wrote:

Maybe; but it's really hard to say. I would put my three favorite Mojo models from 2012 up against my three favorite 2012 CollectAs. The Hippopotamus, Wolverine, and Sable for Mojo, and the Giraffe, Striped Hyena, and Giant Eland for CollectA. We're all so ridiculously fortunate even to be having this discussion: Mojo and CollectA both gave us fabulous figures this year and it looks like they're both poised to give us more fantastic figures this coming year. I'm going poor just thinking about it. Very Happy

I agree with you Scott Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:44 pm

scot(t) wrote:
The Hippopotamus, Wolverine, and Sable for Mojo, and the Giraffe, Striped Hyena, and Giant Eland for CollectA...
Tough choice, for a photo finish Very Happy

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:52 pm

Numaan wrote:
... There were going to be at least 3 primates and 3 new birds for 2013 but due to the timespan and deadlines all of these were cut.
But it allows us hope to see these primates and birds in 2014, doesn't it?

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:29 pm

scot(t) wrote:
. We're all so ridiculously fortunate even to be having this discussion

I couldn't agree with you more. The fact that we have suddenly been spoiled rotten with all this choice is something to behold. We don't know how long this will last.

With regards to timeworn standards, fair enough but personally there are only so many giraffes, zebras, hippos I can bear even if there are from different brands. If the major companies continue to make the usual standards then its a welcome that smaller/new companies are providing us more unusual species to complement the bog standards we get from everyone else.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola    CollectA 2013 Photos:  Saola  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2013 Photos: Saola
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next