Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)

Go down 
+60
sbell
TheSpottedCat
under-water
Taos
Wilorvise
costicuba
landrover
Saien
Dum_my
shadoweon
pipsxlch
Tarunyada
NightLioness
sauroid
SUSANNE
Roger
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
JonasV
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Kikimalou
Carola
LeeAnn
pm64
NandO
sadie3112
SpiralStrix
TheLastStardust
Tiermann
75senta75
Niki2811
orcagirl26
Shanti
Geospiza fortis
ulinuk
Tylosaurus
Bloodrayne
Florian
A-J
koniminiatures
trevok4
arafan
AlopexLagopus
GoldEagle
Jadey1988
lucky luke
Chris Sweetman
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
AlvinCK
skysthelimit
weaselfan93
Dr.Narayanan
HKHollinstone
scot(t)
animalluvr6
ken yeo
MartinH
Elros Alvar
Ana
Kristie
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 5:32 pm

I don't mean cheap as in they aren't great models. I saw them at a Western store in town and bought them for 2.39$ which was very very very cheap compared to what I would have expected. And I'm not sure they are original new ray they could be copies. But these were the best box set I saw there, many of the Mt goat horns of the other set were demolished or completely gone and there were lots of warped legs etc. And my Mt goat's foot pegs that are supposed to fit on his little rock are messed up somehow (either by damage or during the molding process). But the general quality (solid plastic, nice detail, mold lines aren't too visible) is actually quite nice...

Anyways, thanks Andreas and Susanne.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 6:11 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I don't mean cheap as in they aren't great models. I saw them at a Western store in town and bought them for 2.39$ which was very very very cheap compared to what I would have expected. And I'm not sure they are original new ray they could be copies. But these were the best box set I saw there, many of the Mt goat horns of the other set were demolished or completely gone and there were lots of warped legs etc. And my Mt goat's foot pegs that are supposed to fit on his little rock are messed up somehow (either by damage or during the molding process). But the general quality (solid plastic, nice detail, mold lines aren't too visible) is actually quite nice...

Anyways, thanks Andreas and Susanne.

I have (had?) that same set--and my mountain goat didn't have any pegs for the stump--and no holes in the stump. it's just meant to lean in place. I've had the set for about 7 years now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 6:24 pm

My little rock has holes in it for the feet, and the feet looks like it's supposed to have rounded pegs but somehow they are flattened and damaged. I plan on just smoothing them off so the goat just leans on the rock as yours does, or I may replace the rock with a real one for display.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 6:45 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
My little rock has holes in it for the feet, and the feet looks like it's supposed to have rounded pegs but somehow they are flattened and damaged. I plan on just smoothing them off so the goat just leans on the rock as yours does, or I may replace the rock with a real one for display.

Sounds like a good idea !!

Well, they may be New-Ray, - perhaps their quality gets worse as I see with the K&M tube models.
I had a couple of nice ones, and recently I was happy to find the whole set. But, ohhh! The new ones have the most terrible finish !!
I plan to take some pictures to show ....but I am so lazy these days, as the days grow shorter Sleep Laughing

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 11:57 pm

Lovely additions Paige Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 11:43 pm

Here we go with new additions.
The breyers are all generic QH models according to Identify your Breyer, all are nice nonetheless. The little tiny black and white paint is an Empire model, anyone know more about this brand?

The Ocean models I bought for myself since the new blue shark is retiring, I love sperm whales (is the crease on his nose supposed to be a squid scar?) and the older blue shark has stared at me for years and I finally rescued him (despite the manager refusing to reduce his 10$ price even though he isn't manufactured anymore). I probably could have found him cheaper online perhaps someday, but I weirdly felt bad for the little guy sitting in that store since 2006 so I brought him home to live with me and his two blue shark brothers. The Clyde and calf I got as Christmas Exchange gifts and both are lovely, though the clyde has some paint spray on her belly pattern and some white flecks on her leg above her sock but she is still dashing when you let her grow on you...

Lastly, the wolves from the G.I. Joe line are wonderful! A little on the small side, I don't mind their moving parts because their design, detail, and ferocity are infectious. I was glad to add them to my pack, so a big THANK YOU to Grippen for those guys. Otherwise, enjoy!
(And Christmas is coming... santa rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer )

And sorry for the glare especially on the wolves, but there is fresh powdery snow outside and its making my room incredibly bright.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 5:20 am

Congratulations, a lot of goodies :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 6:46 pm

Thanks Andreas.
Here are a few more additions I found recently and got as an early Christmas gift. The Bullylands are models I've wanted for some time (that tiger had some weird cubs... Laughing ). The rest are all thrift store finds I couldn't resist and were very cheap. I love the Bully giraffes and seagull (thought its quite large), the pups need their moms and dads, and the red panda is absolutely the best model I've seen for that species.
The old safari polar bear has seen some child's play and gained some character, the breyer calf seems scared out of its mind but I have a cow for him to find comfort in, the Hood Hounds pitbull was an especially great find since for some reason I like the characterization of this series and the American Pitbull Terrier deserves some good models of them since they are such a great dog breed, the AAA tiger seems to be a model that's been discussed a few times here on forum recently so its sort of funny I found one, the other lying cow is of unknown brand and has marks on her so she will be a repaint someday, the Empire Clydesdale will join my other Empire horse I found recently, and the panda with cub is unmarked also. Lastly, I usually would not collect Butterflies since I'm not a big bug fan, but these are masterfully done and are quite beautiful. I might decide to trade them one day but for now I want to appreciate them. they don't have a brand name marked, just species, so I suspect something like Wild Republic-ish but any info is appreciated on these guys and what line they belong to. Anyways, these are probably my last additions until Christmas, and I hope everyone here on forum will have a great holiday season!  cheers  rendeer

*again, sorry for the brightness issue, maybe someday I will figure out how to fix that so you can see more detail, white models are the worst for my photography...*

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 7:20 pm

Great additions again :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 8:21 pm

Great additions Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 9:07 pm

Ohh, dear ! I missed the picture from the 7th December Shocked
So, - first that one :

Are all three Breyers really Quater Horses ?  But they are wonderful !  So different, but all three look nice and gentle Very Happy

The lovely, tiny little ones, are they Empire models, or are they Imperial ? I have never heard of Empire brand, - but then I have never seen such small Imperial horses either Laughing

I love the way you fell in love with the blue shark ! And I so totally understand you ! drunken
The paint spray on the clydesdale, - perhaps she has been near some mud ? Some horses only need to LOOK at mud before they get it all over them Wink

And FOUR new wolves !!! I would love to see a picture of them at more close up, if you have time some day. Please ? bounce

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 9:18 pm

....and now the ones from today !! Very Happy

Ohhh, yes ! That giraffe and calf are among the great highlights from Bullyland !!!
They were launched in 2012, and obviously were so well received that Papo made a lying down calf in 2013 Very Happy
Red Panda and the husky are also wonderful Bullyland highlights...and the puppies are adoreable ! I have a weak spot for the Chihuahua too !!!

All in all, - that picture is sure to warm the heart of a collector !!!
You are a master of making nice "Family-portraits" Applause Applause cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 2:59 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohh, dear ! I missed the picture from the 7th December Shocked
So, - first that one :

Are all three Breyers really Quater Horses ?  But they are wonderful !  So different, but all three look nice and gentle Very Happy

The lovely, tiny little ones, are they Empire models, or are they Imperial ? I have never heard of Empire brand, - but then I have never seen such small Imperial horses either Laughing

I love the way you fell in love with the blue shark ! And I so totally understand you !  drunken
The paint spray on the clydesdale, - perhaps she has been near some mud ? Some horses only need to LOOK at mud before they get it all over them Wink

And FOUR new wolves !!! I would love to see a picture of them at more close up, if you have time some day. Please ? bounce

According to the website they were sold as generic Quarter Horses, though I don't feel like the roan looks anything like a quarter horse, though the chestnut and foal could be based on their hindquarters(P.S. any idea what size the chestnut is? It's bigger than classic but definitely not traditional either). And those little horses are Empire, I've never heard of them either. The only Imperial horse I've ever come across was huge. And yes some horses think their natural state is caked in mud, my grandpa had a few of those... Laughing Also, I will try to post some close ups of the wolves since they are really quite great for how small they are and coming from an action figure line (is G.I.Joe on TAI? If not it should be...)

SUSANNE wrote:
....and now the ones from today !! Very Happy

Ohhh, yes ! That giraffe and calf are among the great highlights from Bullyland !!!
They were launched in 2012, and obviously were so well received that Papo made a lying down calf in 2013 Very Happy
Red Panda and the husky are also wonderful Bullyland highlights...and the puppies are adoreable ! I have a weak spot for the Chihuahua too !!!

All in all, - that picture is sure to warm the heart of a collector !!!
You are a master of making nice "Family-portraits" Applause Applause cheers

Thanks, the "family portraits" help save space on Photobucket since I'm too poor at the moment to pay for more storage space (my space now is almost full too). And its nicer to me to post just one photo (since Photobucket is so screwy all the time), but the down side to that is you can't good close ups with good detail, and that's one problem my photos end up so blurry sometimes. Photobucket takes my perfectly good pictures sometimes and blurs them when I edit but oh well, I haven't found another site I am comfortable with using.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Very nice additions Paige! Always very eclectic in all senses. I am not sure that Empire horses are those known as Grand Champions, an interesting collector guide can be found here! ... I've seen lots of them for sale while searching for information about Imperial and Funrise. Sorry of not being of more help. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 6:08 am

Thank you Roger you were more than helpful, I looked them up on Ebay and there are a lot of them! Grand Champions Micro Minis to be exact. If any Breyer people show up here, does anyone know if they were inspired or copied by Breyer Minnie Whinnies? Many of the sculpts I've seen are extremely similar if not exact (I had quite a few of them as a kid but unfortunately lost them all in one of our moves), but they seem to be less quality in painting etc. Nonetheless they are sort of cute little guys and they don't take up much space, so they dodge my Traditional Breyers hooves on their shelves. Laughing

Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 5:14 pm

Great newcomers Paige! giraffe and calf, Red panda and Husky belongs to best models which has Bullyland made during the last years - only in my opinion. drunken

-------

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now) - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated November 28th!!! Lots of models, Safari, Mojo, Wild Republic, Yowies* (Photobucket issues= photos posted by PostImg for now)
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40